Cowboy Bebop Roleplaying Game To Be Revealed October 19

Staff member
There have been many tabletop games that have tried to mimic the vibe of Cowboy Bebop, but soon the authentic thing will get its chance. Mana Project Studio and Don’t Panic Games are teaming up with anime studio Sunrise to produce an official Bebop RPG.
Don’t Panic should know what they’re doing, as they have worked on anime tabletop games before — they were responsible for RPGs based on Attack On Titan and Naruto, and in fact have done a Cowboy Bebop project already (the card game “Space Serenade”). So what can we expect this time?
Uhh, no one knows just yet. The parties involved plan to launch a Kickstarter campaign October 19. Even though that happens to be less than two weeks away, Mana Project and Don’t Panic are still holding everything close to the chest. The press release they handed us was a sentence in length and amounted to the campaign launch date we just mentioned. They did describe earlier a game where players can “live through their own stories of bounty hunters in...

Continue reading...

I am so sick of tired of everything
At first I thought this news was Netflix renews Cowboy Bebop only to find out its only a Table top Game announcement.

So you can play the soundtrack while playing this table top with your friends? I never seen any board games do something cool like that.

I would argue that there is not enough "flesh" on the bones of the setting and lore to warrant a tabletop roleplaying game, at least not one that could not be replicated using virtually any other system. It is a show with 26 episodes so I am not sure how will that translate to a Table Top RPG.

Yeah. This appears to be no more than a modification or tweak of one of a dozen preexisting systems. Mana Project is an impressive writing team, however I'm not going to buy Cowboy Bebop because it seems like it may be used in conjunction with other RPGs like Cyberpunk or Coriolis.

I'm curious as to how many licensed role-playing games are genuinely profitable, given the abundance of such titles on the market. Can there be a market in investing in something that has never generated any income?

@ArtSciella
What I've read from a variety of RPG creators suggests that, depending on the licensing, it is feasible to earn a profit off of a licensed RPG.
Some are so onerous that no business could possibly generate money from them, yet companies do them anyhow in the hopes that gamers would remember them for future endeavors.
Unfortunately, this rarely works out, and the person frequently winds up harming themselves in the process.

Don't get me wrong; I always welcome the opportunity to test out fresh tabletop RPGs. On the other hand, not every movie or TV show needs to do this. Strange, I have no idea what kind of make-believe they could employ in this scenario. Is there really nothing more to the series save the 26 episodes and the movie? Don't get me wrong—I love the show. Unfortunately, I don't think this would make for a very interesting RPG setting. The Netflix series had great potential, but it was cancelled before it could reach its full potential.

Is not impressed right now...
It is the closest thing I can have for a season 3 of the anime and season 2 of the live action