General Discussion Countries to visit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jurew2, Dec 2, 2014.

1. jurew2

jurew2 New Member

I like to travel around a lot, learning about new cultures and people. I travel to a different country atleast once a year, but usually it's twice or three times. I was never in Asia, that's why I want to go there, no matter what country it is. I want to see their culture and how the people there are. Which country do you want to visit?

2. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

Always wanted to visit a few European countries and Asian countries. Of course, I want to make sure I know some of their nuances, so I don't insult someone by mistake. Such as the fact that you shouldn't walk around drinking a beverage in public when it comes to Asian cultures. Even though, it would make sense since you could be walking and there's no trash can. No one wants their communities littered with trash.

3. Nick

Nick New Member

I personally would like to tour New Zealand. Being a huge LOTR's, I would like to see the set and all the different locations they filmed he movies at. Hopefully I get the chance to go one day!

4. JessiFox

JessiFox New Member

I just love travel all around...there are so many places on our bucket list for travel. I would love to have the resources and the ability to see them all someday. But right up on the top of our list has always been Australia. I've always imagined it would be such a great place to explore, I have some friends there that I would love to meet...I'm sure it would be a great time all around.

5. jstifer1

jstifer1 New Member

I have a ton of places that I'm dying to travel to. I really want to study abroad when I go to college - other cultures around the world fascinate me, and honestly I feel like I haven't been exposed to that much in my life. Probably the place I want to visit the most is Amsterdam, with London a close second. I'd also love to visit Australia - the outback seems terrifying, but super cool!

6. BluBird

BluBird Member

It's not a country, but I'd like to visit Antarctica. And I know I'll never be able to afford it, if I have to pay for it myself.

Other places that top my list:

Australia- esp. Cairns and the Daintree Rainforest. I've seen pictures- it looks gorgeous.

Israel and Jordan: esp. Jerusalem, the Dead Sea and Petra

Indonesia: so many islands to explore!

Brazil: esp. the Amazon River and the east coast (Rio!)

7. maryannballeras

maryannballeras New Member

If I had the time and the money to travel wherever I want, I would definitely go to Europe. I think that Europe is a very beautiful place and it has some wonderful landmarks as well. I would also like to watch an opera in Italy.

8. c9h2ua

c9h2ua New Member

I moved to Canada from Hong Kong three years ago. I think Canada is a great country to live because living here is relaxing. However, the stuff in Canada is so expensive. If you want to visit another country for your vacation, I think Hong Kong is a good place to visit. There are many fun things that you can play in Hong Kong, but it is just too hot there.

9. LitoLawless

LitoLawless Member

It would be a dream come true if I could go backpacking through Europe in this lifetime. I think I'm in need of an eye-opening, worldly experience like that. I would also love to visit Canada and some tropical islands in Central America. I have a long way to go though, being that I have yet to even begin the process of getting my passport.

10. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

I want to visit South Africa. My sister has been there several times and she loves it. They have a lot of modern places that look a lot like the states. The media makes Africa out to be some diseased place to visit but it is not like that. All life started in Africa, and it is a great land

11. primalclaws1974

I haven't been outside the continental United States yet. But that doesn't mean it won't happen. I have a few more places to cover, like the northeast coast, and New England, and I will have seen it all. Then I want to see Alaska and Hawaii. Then I want to take a Bahamas cruise. Then I would start making plans to see the rest of the world. This would be 5-10 years from now. The first country I would likely visit, would be an English-speaking nation, just so I wasn't thrown into too much of a culture shock. Likely, it would be Scotland, as that is where my ancestors are from.

12. BluBird

BluBird Member

I love Brazil but of course I want to see the world. I'd never want to settle down anywhere else other than Brazil (maybe America) but you can be happy where you live and still want to travel/see the world. I really want to visit England, Ireland, Japan and Australia!

Going to Spain in january, who knows where else after.

13. mssbishi

mssbishi Member

I know it isn't really that far from me in the UK but I would love to visit mainland Greece and Athens in particular. The weather and the food would be beautiful and I would like the chance to visit the historical locations. I have visited a few Greek islands for beach holidays but they offered little in the way of culture.

14. catherine_sky

catherine_sky New Member

I will second you on that one! Rohan, got to go to Rohan! Would love to see the key places used in the films. There was a programme on the other week here in the UK where one of our presenters went over and visited the iconic places. He was totally beside himself when he went to the river where Arwen rode her horse and the waves overtook the Wraiths on their horses. My friend was 'a villager' in The Hobbit films. Bit jealous.

15. catherine_sky

catherine_sky New Member

Yes, get yourself to Scotland........an amazingly pretty part of our country. And despite quite a lot of them wanting independence, I still see this gorgeous place as part of our UK. My family come from there, but moved down into England in my generation. Amazing.

16. loonshine

loonshine New Member

I've travelled a lot in Canada, in Europe and in Asia. I'd like to go to the places I've never been to - Africa (maybe get in shape and climb the Kilimanjaro!), South America, New Zealand (OMG I'd love to go to Rohan!), maybe Russia and the Scandinavian countries. I'd also like to visit Turkey, it looks beautiful and they have suuuuch great food!

17. azrmacc

azrmacc Member

Well, I guess I'd want to go to most European countries such as the Netherlands. Really though, any country with rich culture and has good tourist spots will work for me.

18. hellonamesdana

There are so many countries around the world that I want to visit and specific landmarks in each country that I want to see or cities and stuff like that. I haven't even seen the majority of my own country, since I've only been to countries on the east coast before and I've never traveled any farther into the states.