toei still gets money from saban from sentai... they could easily ditch the franchise if they can pitch a much profitable "power" franchise for adaptation...

and from the looks of gobuster it seems that the helping power ranger franchise adaptation seems to be the focus of toei...

I liked him when he wasn't a god
toei still gets money from saban from sentai... they could easily ditch the franchise if they can pitch a much profitable "power" franchise for adaptation...

That's what some people were suspecting with them copyrighting the "Power Rider" name ...

I don't have low self esteem.
Sentai hasn't been preforming well the past few years. If Go-Busters doesn't live up to Toei's expectations, could they consider dumping Sentai? Or consider giving the franchise a rest?

Well it depends.

I would definately agree that toy sales are the main effect.

What would be cool is if Toei would decide to stop Super Sentai as a series and make it into a yearly movie instead and still sell the toys. For me that would make Super Sentai more fun to watch anyway because that would mean less boring filler episodes. But that's just wishful thinking.

What would be cool is if Toei would decide to stop Super Sentai as a series and make it into a yearly movie instead and still sell the toys. For me that would make Super Sentai more fun to watch anyway because that would mean less boring filler episodes. But that's just wishful thinking.

Just a movie would basically spell the end of the franchise. It would probably cost more in lost sales than it was worth.

All Sentai shows are going to have filler. "Filler" is not the problem. What is a problem is when pacing is so poor that nothing plot-relevant happens for an entire arc (Shinkenger, Goseiger, I'm looking at you)

Lurker
Just a movie would basically spell the end of the franchise. It would probably cost more in lost sales than it was worth.

All Sentai shows are going to have filler. "Filler" is not the problem. What is a problem is when pacing is so poor that nothing plot-relevant happens for an entire arc (Shinkenger, Goseiger, I'm looking at you)

isn't that pretty much true about any show made by Toei these days though?

isn't that pretty much true about any show made by Toei these days though?

W avoided it for the most part. Fourze seems to be avoiding it by introducing a new conflict for the second arc (Meteor as double agent)

Look At Tsuburaya - And Weep

This x 100!

All you have to do is look at what happened to Ultraman, to see what would happen if Toei stopped making Super Sentai. 8(

Tsuburaya is barely able to get out one full movie, and two DVD gaidens a year, let alone a full 51-episode series. The last full series, with the second-lowest ratings for the show, was Ultraman Mebius. Since then, there have been four limited-episode series, mostly on pay-per-view and cable.

Last edited:
Minato Ascending
This x 100!

All you have to do is look at what happened to Ultraman, to see what would happen if Toei stopped making Super Sentai. 8(

Tsuburaya is barely able to get out one full movie, and two DVD gaidens a year, let alone a full 51-episode series. The last full series, with the second-lowest ratings for the show, was Ultraman Mebius. Since then, there have been four limited-episode series, mostly on pay-per-view and cable.

Exactly. If Super Sentai is reduced to a yearly movie, then Toei might as well puts it on hiatus or cancels it outright because the interest will fell off so drastically that nobody will pay any attention to it. Super Sentai may have its flaws, but it is still entertaining for the most part, and I want Toei to keep this franchise going strong and not let it end up like other series that they had (such as Metal Heroes).

toei wont end as long as power rangers stay strong... toei receives tons of cash from the adaptation alone...

but if PR isnt already popular and saban has another money making franchise, from the looks of sentai now it could spell doom...

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
With as much money as Sentai's been making Toei, it would be stupid for them to drop it just like that

Unlike the Metal Hero series (no offense), there's actually some legitimate profitibility to be made

Same with Kamen Rider

Yes, I will agree that Sentai has gotten stale (really don't understand how a lot of people can stomach the newer ones, but to each his own I guess) to the point where Toei may need to give it a rest for awhile, rethink their priorities, and pick it back up 5-10 years down the road

But that's probably not going to happen