Onore...
Sentai hasn't been preforming well the past few years. If Go-Busters doesn't live up to Toei's expectations, could they consider dumping Sentai? Or consider giving the franchise a rest?

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Sentai hasn't been preforming well the past few years.
And there are reasons behind this.
IMO - Latest Sentai isn't as good as 90's Sentai or Sentai from early 00's.
So i wouldn't be surprised If Sentai is over.
But If toys' sells are good, I don't think Toei will do that.

Can't decide how to pose figures...
It will keep going as long as the toys are selling and from what I know the toys are selling very well. Time will tell though. :thumbs:

Gokaiger recovered the toy sales, so likely not right after it at least. However, I guess that if they drop again, or if the ratings continue just decreasing more and more, that could happen. I mean, although the show is sustained by sponsors for the toys, there's a point where the ratings might drop so much, if the current trend continues, they might start wondering why bothering with airing the tv show at all.

Sentai used to easily be able to get into at least the top 10 anime ratings for each week, if you compared it to them, but these days it'd be often left out of that list... On the other hand, even with a series that performed significantly worse merchandising-wise like Goseiger, Sentai still was among Bandai's top franchises, so there'd need to be some kind of replacement for it to be dropped like that, I guess, and there's nothing on the horizon.

Last edited:
Agreed. It doesn't even make sense.

So if you hated Dekaranger then Toei should can Sentai?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Shinkenger gave Sentai a slight ratings bump - 5.9% average, which is nowhere near as good as in Sentai's heyday, but it was better than its two predecessors. Go-onger and Gokaiger have both had very good toy sales, with Shinkenger's only slightly less. So it's not doing too badly just at the moment. The main reason for Sentai's poor ratings is that it has to compete with Pokemon Sunday. If Toei could find another slot for Super Hero Time, and I hope they will, it could save the ratings

There is a chance of Sentai being cancelled if the decline continues, but it's probably not there just yet. I doubt Toei would be pushing Gobusters as "the start of a new era" if there were no plans to make at least another series or two after it. But Gobusters is an obvious attempt to revive the franchise's fortunes, with the wacky non-human characters a la Den-O, and with the writer and producer of OOO (which was a huge success sales-wise)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Actually that's more of a Go-busters story thing. The discovery of a new energy source(Enertron) marks the start of a new era for Japan.

Quote from the main site:

Supposedly it’s a new start to Super Sentai and means we could be getting something new to the old Sentai formula? But don’t fix won’t ain’t broke.

So take it up with whoever translated that article

Unlike Kamen Rider, Sentai has never gone on a hiatus ever since Battle Fever. So to put it on one and picking it up years later could hurt it. Since they have to figure out how to "modernize" it. As well as it could cost Toei revenue.

Since Go-Busters is now considered the first of a new era. It just simply re-inventing the franchise, thus bringing new life into it.