Could Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Be Jim Carrey’s Last Film?

Staff member
As weird as this sounds, Jim Carrey’s portrayal of the villain Robotnik in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (opening in one week!) could be the very last appearance from him in an acting role. Mr. Carrey implied as much during an interview with Access Hollywood that aired this week.
According to Variety, Carrey is reported as saying “Well, I’m retiring. Yeah, probably. I’m being fairly serious.” When pressed further, he replied “It depends. If the angels bring some sort of script that’s written in gold ink that says to me that it’s going to be really important for people to see, I might continue down the road, but I’m taking a break.”
It’s bitter news to hear for anyone who can remember the 1990s, when Carrey’s “rubberface” style of comedy became so popular that there was no film he could star in that couldn’t become a hit. Ace Ventura, The Mask and Dumb & Dumber were all staples of the average...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Titty
I hope this is not his farewell movie. Nothing against Sonic but Jim Carey's farewell movie should be an Oscar-bait that shows his capabilities as an actor.

The Kung Fu Irish Princess
Bruce Willis is retiring too because he got an incurable disease that will deteriorate his health along the line. Events like this makes me realize stars are still humans and all good things come to an end.

Either you leave on a good note and become a legend, or you wreck your career by staying too long in the industry and producing bad films. If no more Sonic movies are made, he'll be making the correct decision.See, that's the trouble with scheduling Jim: we love his characters and he's trapped playing them forever, and we hate it when he departs. If he does retire, and a new Robotnik is required for the third Sonic film,

6th Ranger
I am going to Miss him because I grew up enjoying his movies both comedies and drama. The Truman show is the greatest movie I had ever watched in my life. People only knows him for his comedy but he is such a versatile actor.

No!! Please be an April Fools Joke! He is too young to retire! there is more years left of him!

Froggy Afternoon
It is better to retire while you are in Your prime and your body is in tip-top shape. You want people to remember you at your best.

If you guys miss him, You can still watch his older movies and have a Jim Carey marathon. He has a Filmography to be proud of, except for "The Number 23" (I don't like that movie)

This should not be Jim's latest movie. He can't end his great career as villan. He should get some other, main role as good guy.