Status
Not open for further replies.
I am KamenRiderPEZ
I have no site, no blog, no show... yet.

I love podcasts, but I don't love any toku ones, except the megasodes of HJU Radio and Lisa J's NPS, neither of which I get to here often enough. I believe if there is a need one feels they should step up and fulfill that need, so I would like to try.

I am really itching for there to be a concise, consistent podcast devoted to covering Fourze and Gokaiger. I would also like to cover the original Kamen Rider being put out by KITsubs; Kuuga, which I'm getting from TVN and PR as I go through it on Netflix (I'm in the Lightspeed Rescue right now).

I'm gathering recourses, but I have questions.

Is Audacity fine for simple editing? I run a 4 year old hp laptop and have no $ to improve equipment and not much for software but I could get something if I need it.

If I want HJU'ers to hear it do I have to put it on 4shared or megaUpload or ca it somehow be put here?

Is anyone interested in joining me in enjoying both Showa and Hesei KR? I have seen some Ichigo and really enjoy it, as well as Decade, 555 and I think Fourze is just great. I watched all of Black and really enjoyed it, oh and I liked KRDK.

Please pm if interested, and we can talk. If you have advice, please post a reply.

Thanks all

I am KamenRiderPEZ
So I started a wordpress blog. I will still need to polish it, hopefully it will be finshed in a week or so. I plan to blog about SHT as well as legacy shows, posts should go up wednesday.... maybe.

Here is the link: http://unkamenrider.wordpress.com/

Last edited:
The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Audacity is definitely good enough to edit podcasts. I also have a 4 year old HP laptop and I use it to edit the HJU podcasts and my own podcast. So you should be fine on that front. As far as a mic goes, its kinda up to you but I'll just say that cheap mics dont last long. And using the mic on your laptop won't give you the best quality. Getting a mic, whether its a headset or a stand-alone thats around $20-30 should do the trick.

As far as where to host it, your best bet is to submit it to iTunes. Most podcasts are on there and its an easy way for people to access it. But, if that doesnt work, you can link it to your blog after you upload it to sites like dropbox (i've tried uploading to mediafire and megaupload but it doesnt really work for hosting podcasts. dropbox seems like a decent choice.)

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Thanks for the info! I just spent an hour or so last night playing with Audacity, and it is deceptively simple. I'm guessing the how to get it on itunes is fairly straight forward? I'll just have to take some time later to do it. Hopefully I will have my first episode up by Friday, I would appreciate you giving it a listen. I will link it on my blog.

I am KamenRiderPEZ
complete!

So here it is folks! Better late than never, right? So, after some computer problems and poor time management, I am finally finished with my first podcast!! Please download from the link below to hear some bite-sized toku commentary. My goal is for each episode to be short and sweet and full of everything you’re looking for in a KR/SS/PR podcast (excluding toys, but isn’t that niche being filled?). Please download and listen to the unKamenCast. Its like toku-flavored PEZ for your ears!

http://www.4shared.com/audio/OZRo9VTW/unKamenCast001.html

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
I listened to you podcast and I thought it was good for a first episode. Maybe if you added another segment after the episode recaps, it would give more variety. Also, another member or 2 to add to the podcast crew would give it more of a dynamic. Good job. :thumbs:

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Thanks for the input. I appreciate your advice. I want the show to be short but I just recorded some Kuuga 1 and 2 review today while driving and, I think I got about 15 cogent minutes! PLUS, about 20 more from Fourze 13 and Gokaiger 42 recorded this morning.

This is harder than I thought, but I'll keep on trucking!

Status
Not open for further replies.