Think about it. In those movies, we're to assume all the sentai co-exist in one world. This makes it an alternate universe. The events of the VS. movies sometimes do not fit within the regular universe -see, the Go-Ongers learning to use Engine Ken.

This is proven on more than one occasion;

Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai
All the sentai seem to exist.

Abaranger vs. Dekaranger
AbaRed recognises HurricaneRed (from his previous team-up) when the monster disguises himself as him.

Boukenger vs. Super Sentai
Again, all of the sentai seem to exist. Also, AkaRed (see Gokaiger).

Go-Onger vs. Gekiranger
Hant worked at the Abaranger curry house.

Pirate Sentai Gokaiger
[HIDE]AkaRed knows Captain Marvelous.
The legend war in general.
All of the sentai definitely exist.[/HIDE]

and i'm sure more things happen to imply that the sentai worlds in these movies aren't the one we see in the regular movies / episodes.

Do you think it's plausible that the Gokaiger's series is set in that movie universe?

I think until proven otherwise i'm going to assume that it is.

Last edited:
Just an Internet User Passing Thru
This was one of the theories that I have leaned upon since the beginning of Gokaiger. There is some good enough evidence that Gokaiger's universe is indeed that of the "Sentai VS movies."

With that being said, Gokaiger could also just be its own universe with the other 34 Sentai teams coincidentally being involved...........considering all the Sentai teams have their own individual worlds from each other (with the exception of a couple of Sentais, I forgot which two tho).

The only counterpoint I can think of is the dead sentai heroes being alive again, but even that can be explained by the Shinkenger saving them from the Sanzu River

The main problem is that the Gokaiger's participation in Goseiger vs Shinkenger doesn't seem to fit with that idea.

They're on Earth before any "Legend War", already carrying Ranger Keys... It seems pretty clear they weren't making it to connect storywise with Gokaiger at all.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
The main problem is that the Gokaiger's participation in Goseiger vs Shinkenger doesn't seem to fit with that idea.

They're on Earth before any "Legend War", already carrying Ranger Keys... It seems pretty clear they weren't making it to connect storywise with Gokaiger at all.

We don't know when AkaRed gave Marvelous the Ranger Keys though. So in theory events could have gone like this:

Trouble with Zangyack, AkaRed gives Marvelous the keys, then destroyed by Zangyack (supposedly)
Marvelous assembles crew. They happen to be on earth during the events of Goseiger vs Shinkenger
Legendary War, 34 Sentai lose their powers
Some time later ... the Gokaigers come back to earth

It can't be THAT long between the Legendary War and the start of Gokaiger, no matter what the narrator says. Kai looks only about six or seven years older than he did in Magiranger (ie. the amount of time that's passed since Magiranger ended)

Would like to change his avatar
Some people think we haven't even met the real Go-kaiger yet -- that Marvelous and the others are simply stealing the Go-kaiger powers the way they use the other powers. (Aka Red did have a Go-kaiger sword before the team existed.) So...there you go. It was the REAL Go-kaiger team in Goseiger VS Shinkenger, and they were just voiced by Ozawa and the rest for marketing purposes. :laugh:

Me, I feel like the Ranger Keys don't exist without the 34 Sentai losing their power at the end of the Legend War, so I think it's all just a mess.

>Continuity
>Sentai

Yeah okay, it doesn't even make sense in the Vs movies

Me, I feel like the Ranger Keys don't exist without the 34 Sentai losing their power at the end of the Legend War, so I think it's all just a mess.

That's what I meant, mostly. They make a comment about going to Earth for the first time in episode 1, but, aside from that, the Ranger Keys shouldn't even exist before the Legend War, based on what they've shown about them so far.

Last edited:
The Legend War?

I'm sorry, I'm not clear on this, I don't follow this stuff as closely. I tend to be rather selective about some of the things I watch, and also certain things aren't even fansubbed yet. Something happens and all of the Sentai teams lose their powers?

And who the heck is AkaRed? I know he popped up in the Sentai World movie or Sentai Vs. or something, but is it really necessary to know all of this info before going into Gokaiger?

The Legend War?

I'm sorry, I'm not clear on this, I don't follow this stuff as closely. I tend to be rather selective about some of the things I watch, and also certain things aren't even fansubbed yet. Something happens and all of the Sentai teams lose their powers?

Yes, in the first episode of Gokaiger. However, the Gokaiger appear in Goseiver vs Shinkenger with the other Sentai powers even though that obviously can't be after the Legend War.

And who the heck is AkaRed? I know he popped up in the Sentai World movie or Sentai Vs. or something, but is it really necessary to know all of this info before going into Gokaiger?

No, it's not. Anything necessary for Gokaiger is explained in Gokaiger itself.