Cordyceps Fungi from The Last of Us Exists in real life!

Administrator
Staff member
<p>Cordyceps Fungi is the cause of the Zombie Apocalypse in both Video Game and TV version of The Last of Us. These orange mushrooms had been the cause of fear, tragedy and tears on the show. On Episode 2, When expert Mycologist Ibu Ratna accepts defeat. She advised the military to bomb the city it. Ratna said that because there is no vaccine and medicine that got invented yet. On the show fungi contaminated wheat and the flour got exported around the world.</p>

To be fair that salad you embedded in the end looks delicious. I cannot blame the groceries market them as some kind of exotic flower instead of mushroom because people might recognize them as cordyceps. I wonder if the Last of US will decrease their sales or help them.

So far, there is no proof that cordyceps is bad for people. I'm sorry to say that after watching the first four episodes of "The Last of Us," cordyceps scare me. I just finished the third episode of "The Last of Us," and after seeing those fungus-like monsters, I don't want to get close to them. It is better for me to be safe than sorry.

Goddess of the Couch potatoes
When I look at a cordyceps fungus, my stomach turns and I get a Psychological rash that I can't help it but scratch my skin. What worries me the most is that these mushrooms might change in a way that makes them able to grow on human skin because of climate change. The Last of Us made my allergy to flour worse, and I now have a similar aversion to cordyceps.

Blue Ranger Power
They look like Cheetos, LOL, I might them if they are available but I know they are Hella expensive.

Froggy Afternoon
The pilot episode shows old footage from a 1960s talk show, where the host says that fungus can be much more dangerous than bacteria and viruses. I don't think I could even eat these mushrooms. One of my favorite foods is a variety of mushrooms, such as oyster and button mushrooms, which are completely safe.

cruel, helpful and optimistic.
I find it funny that some people are afraid of mushrooms because of a TV show and a computer game. All frequently eat these mushrooms and noodles, my health isn't in bat condition at all. These mushrooms don't hurt our health because we're not ants. They are harmless to humans.

I don't like Mondays
There is no reason to suppose that these fungus will suddenly turn their concentration to harming humans, as depicted in TLOU, because they have spent millions of years perfecting their ability to kill insects. Mushrooms, on the other hand, cannot survive being around unclean objects; as a result, they can only be found in areas with little to no human activity, such as forests and farmlands.

Kamen Rider Meta
It wouldn't surprise me if some research center is aiming to develop a new strain of this virus that is more communicable to humans. I am aware that viruses and fungi are not the same thing, especially given that certain viruses were designed to infect animals but have since evolved to infect humans as well.