Constance Wu now explains her controversial tweets years ago

No Spoilers
Staff member
Constance Wu made a tweet back in 2019 that made the fans cancel culture her. It was 2019 and Crazy Rich Asians made her a mainstream movie star. She made history starring on the first  All Asian cast Hollywood movie since  Joy Luck Club.  Also on the Same year  her successful Sitcom “Fresh Off the Boat” got renewed for another season.

Her controversial tweets
sub-buzz-24093-1557594990-2.png

constance-freak-out.png
That show is big for Asian Americans because they finally see themselves on Network television. So seeing her complain that her successful show got renewed, made the fans assume that her head got big because of her movie’s success, and think acting in a sitcom is now beneath her. Fresh off the Boat was the adaptation...

Continue reading...

Essex Village
This is why we should not cancel culture people right away.

I am so sick of tired of everything
People canceled her back then because they thought she is looking down on her show and feels superior now she is a movie star. They didn't know that the online attacks they did to her almost made her suicidal. Working with your abuser can a torture but she endured it and finished the show until the final season.

Hopchester
It is easy for me to narrow down who her abuser is. She said the Producer is Asian American it is neither of the White guys.
LskBfb.jpg

She used Male pronouns so it is not Miss Khan, Eddie Huang, who is the owner of the story because this show is his biopic, left the show by Season 2 so it is not him. The abuser is Melvin Mar.

Knowing that she went through that saddens me greatly. The phenomenon of cancel culture has reached epidemic proportions. The present instance serves as a fine illustration of this. There was nothing she could have done wrongly. We as a species are very repulsive. It's best to end spontaneous monologues where they initially started. Although I agree with both her and Constance that it was a mistake to broadcast it globally, she did have my full support. She suffered severe mental health issues for a few years as a result of the excessive and depressing criticism she received. Happy to have her back and hoping for the best for her.

There's Plastic tree
I feel guilty because I am one of the people who bashed her online. I was mad at her then because I thought she is being arrogant and want the show canceled when it is the only mainstream Asian American representation back then. So I do not want the show to get canceled because of it. So I told her on twitter she should be thankful she have a job in the first place. I feel disgusted of myself.

When asked if he would make another Bond film, Daniel Craig famously answered, "I'd rather cut my wrists." He experienced no harassment. Sexism, not cancel culture, is at play here. Wow, that break of three years sure didn't help. She doesn't mention how her history of Twitter attacks earned her a poor reputation. Then, the haters were waiting for her when she tweeted her displeasure at having to watch another season of Fresh Off The Boat. And now an unidentified Asian American actress has made her want to kill herself, and an unnamed Asian American producer has harassed her, so her answer is "I'm the victim here." I dunno guy, but I feel like the youth of today need to start asking themselves, "have I contributed to any of the poisonous conduct out there?" These days, many people act as if they are entitled to anything. Oh well, I pray she finally finds happiness and peace.

AMAWEMEN Hear me roar!
She has been treated unfairly and has shed many tears; it is unfair that she feels obligated to apologize for doing so. Good job. Constance, That was really courageous of you, and I pray that you continue to succeed in your career.

Ariel's Bestfriend
Kudos that she put her experience of abuse and recovery into words. She is formidable in strength, perceptive in intellect, and observant in outlook; she is, without a doubt, a someone to watch. She did a wonderful job on Fresh Off the Boat. Her refusal to cave in to societal expectations is inspiring. Everyone who has a beating heart can see that she's telling the truth.