Trust No One
I don't, but the way some people talk around here it sounds like they expect it to be some sort of CSI-esque show

The closest PR can ever get to realistic would to give it the grimdark movie treatment most superhero movies have been getting when trying to be more "realistic"

Strangely, I have no problem with that for PR. If done right, PR can be super serial and edgy and rad.

Banned
The closest PR can ever get to realistic would to give it the grimdark movie treatment most superhero movies have been getting when trying to be more "realistic"

Strangely, I have no problem with that for PR. If done right, PR can be super serial and edgy and rad.

NinjaCough.gif

Excuse me.....how can PR be super serial and edgy and rad????

Trust No One
NinjaCough.gif

Excuse me.....how can PR be super serial and edgy and rad????

Someone didn't get the joke.

In seriousness, the closest PR will get to being realistic or serious will be on par with like Spider-man.

It CAN be done.

Banned
Someone didn't get the joke.

In seriousness, the closest PR will get to being realistic or serious will be on par with like Spider-man.

It CAN be done.

Um..before I can say anything, about that smiley, that's cough smiley! :laugh:

That doesn't looking like a laughing smiley.

Anyway, how can it be done?! :eyebrow: I just can't see that it can be done anyhow.

Trust No One
Um..before I can say anything, about that smiley, that's cough smiley! :laugh:

That doesn't looking like a laughing smiley.

Anyway, how can it be done?! :eyebrow: I just can't see that it can be done anyhow.

Making Power Rangers on the level of other American superheroes isn't difficult at all. You're just going to be sacrificing a lot of the cheese for a plot and atmosphere gear more towards a teenage audience rather than children.

For example, take the Spider-Man cartoon aired on Fox in the 90's to the Raimi films. Massive difference in tone and level of "seriousness."

For Power Rangers, we need to get away from "20 minute toy commercial" to an actual entertainment level. Not saying PR as it is isn't entertaining, but the above line is the attitude taken with it.

Let's take MMPR. If the plot developed more into say... the duties and responsibilities of Rangerhood impeded on their normal lives, the theme of sacrificing your own desires and needs for justice, death, etc, you now have a PR with a serious edge to it.