Rider in Training
I don't know about you guys, but I really hate when fans bash Go-Busters because it's not as enjoyable, or exciting the Gokaiger, but they fail to see that there are reasons that the two seasons are very different.

1. Gokaiger is an anniversary season. It doesn't only combine the past 34 seasons, it also combines their own story-line within it, which is done pretty well. The Gokaiger's story balances perfectly alongside the tribute episodes, in other words, you'll know what's going on even if a few filler episodes appear before a episode that continues the story. Also, because it's an anniversary season, it's going to attract past fans who used to watch the older seasons, so no wonder that Gokaiger has a massive fan-base, most of the fans ages are from their early 20's to the late their late 30's, or 40's. And who doesn't love a team who can transform not only into their own six member team, but into all the past teams that came before them.

2. Go-Busters is meant to be dark and emotional. It's not to be light-hearted like Gokaiger, it's meant to be heart-breaking and heroic at times. Another point that I'd like to make is that people say that the Go-Busters doesn't get no character development at all, that's a lie. Every Go-Buster has had, or is having, their own individual changes throughout the show. Hiromu started out as a straightforward prick to his teammates because he didn't really know them; he went to live with his sister, but over time, he lightened up to them, and treats the Go-Buster crew like family. Ryuji is the big brother of the group because of his relationship with Yoko. He's usually the voice of reason when things go wrong. He also trys to mentor Yoko since she had to grow up without her mother. He didn't really go through much of a change throughout the show; don't call his personality when he overheats a change, he just gets really pissed. Yoko is just like Hiromu in many ways, including personality. Life was kinda hard on her because she had to grow up without her mother as a mentor, so Ryuji took her place instead. She's headstrong, strong, and independent. She also hated Hiromu when they first met, but she now has a soft spot for him. Jin & J are both cocky, coincided, and full of energy, but they have a soft spot for each other. You see this when J finds out that Jin's data is in one of Messiah's cards, and he trys to do everything in his power to help his creator/partner, J even helps the enemy for the exchange for the card.

3. It's pretty difficult for a show to keep their fans after an anniversary season. Go-Busters had a hard time to keep their fans because they had to keep them interested after Gokaiger, and during Akibaranger. They had to compete with both shows at the same time, even though one ended. Think about it, Toei had to create a whole new show continuing the series (Go-Busters), after the show before it (Gokaiger), could have ended it, and then, Toei had to make a fake team (Abikaranger), that got more popular than the official team, Go-Busters got lucky, really frickkin lucky.

Well, in conclusion, I think that Gokaiger shouldn't be compared to Go-Busters, or any season because mostly everybody would pick Gokaiger, you'll be fighting a losing battle. If you have anything to say about this, please comment below, I really want to hear your feedback about this matter.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
don't call his personality when he overheats a change, he just gets really pissed.

Yes, a caring, nice dude (ala Ginga Blue or Deneb) turning into a psychotic sadist isn't a change. Ok then.

Think about it, Toei had to create a whole new show continuing the series, after the show before it, could have ended it, and then, Toei had to make a fake team, that got more popular than the official team, that's lucky, really frickkin lucky.

Wut?

Rider in Training
Yes, a caring, nice dude (ala Ginga Blue or Deneb) turning into a psychotic sadist isn't a change. Ok then.

Wut?

When I mean change, I mean a change over the whole show, from the beginning to the end, not just until he cools off.

I wasn't even that crazy about Gokaiger my dislike for Gobusters has nothing to do with it. Gobuster is supposed to be dark and emotional? What does that mean? Every Sentai has what GObusters has it's not different. Dark? Is this the same show with an eraser and mochi roid, a goofy villain who speaks french and a hero who freezes at chickens?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I hate it when people use Go-Busters to bash Gokaiger, too - usually arguing that Gokaiger is too childish or has no plot or the characters are flat or there's too much fanservice, while Go-Busters is dark and mature and serious and just BETTER! (TM) It really upsets me, since I like both shows. I don't know why there has to be this bizarre rivalry between their fans over which is "better" or "superior". It's a lot worse on other sites than on here. I agree the shows are very different and comparison often futile.

I think Go-Busters is too often compared to Shinkenger as well, which I consider unfair. It's apparent that Toei became aware early on that Go-Busters wasn't going to perform well, and so they've put a lot of energy into trying to turn its fortunes around, which means Kobayashi has had less creative freedom than she might otherwise have. I don't necessarily think that coming after an anniversary series hurt Go-Busters in the eyes of western fandom, either. Gekiranger is incredibly popular with western fans and it came after an anniversary. But the most recent post-anniversary series we've had (Hurricaneger, Gekiranger, now Go-Busters) have all tried to be different in some way, and for Go-Busters, that hasn't paid off in Japan.

Last edited: