I think news of the movie started appearing in Japan's "Super Festival" early this year...

The original work as a whole was really good & interesting (the dinosaur-theme of the second half wasn't as good as the first half, though:redface2:)...:thumbs:
The special effects combined with the sound effects were impressive & remind me of works as Spectreman, Jumborg A & Tsuburaya Dinosaur Trilogy...:nipponlove:

Should this be the first Non-Ultra/Kamen Hero Movie of the new Millennium?:anime:

I vote for an appearance of Miss Borg...:198:

A fun show and one of the outstanding creations of the 1970s (and was also shown in Hawaii with subtitles during the Kikaida Craze).
I think I actually found a vhs rip of the first half of the first ep subbed from Hawaii.
To watch I think you have to be a signed in member, but it's easy to sign up.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3529750

Anyway, it'd be cool to find the rest of the Hawaiian subbed eps. I read somewhere they didn't sub the last story arc (the Dinosaur Army).

Zaboger isn't a Toei show, is it? If not perhaps it has a shot of really being worth something. THE FIRST and THE NEXT essentially only had cool costumes, fights and ideas, and badly written plot. I have only seen clips of the Hakaider movie but people seem to be divided on whether it was any good.

But what other old tokus are getting movies? I only know of a toku version of one of the Super Robots coming.

Yeah, KR The First wasn't very good, haven't seen KR The Next yet but I've seen Ultraman The Next and I actually thought it was a good adaptation.