Christian Sesma On Directing, Working With Scott Adkins, & His New Film SECTION 8

Christian Sesma seemingly never stops working. A self-taught filmmaker, Sesma has been directing since 2006 at an incredibly productive rate. In that time, he has completed (and found distribution) for more than twenty feature-length genre films.
His prolific nature and continued success in getting his work actually seen have led him to be a director that genre acting stalwarts want to work with. This is perfectly showcased by his latest project (and strongest directorial effort to date)— the hard-hitting action film SECTION 8. The cast features Ryan Kwanten (TRUE BLOOD), Dolph Lundgren (ROCKY IV), Dermot Mulroney (YOUNG GUNS), Scott Adkins (UNDISPUTED 3), and Mickey Rourke (THE WRESTLER) in a story about a military veteran (Kwanten) who, after losing his wife and child, is unwittingly pulled into a shadowy world of government-sponsored assassins.
I had a chance to speak with Christian Sesma about SECTION 8 ahead of its release today. We discussed his inspiring early success...

Continue reading...

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
Well that certainly is an interesting assortment of male leads. I was surprised to see Mickey Rourke's name. A movie about the shadowy world of government-sponsored assassins? 'Get real. There's no such thing.', said Sir Winston Churchill slyly. I saw a documentary about the late great Winston Churchill who was a British Prime Minister. Evidently, he had no moral qualms about sending out government-sponsored assassins, who were. of course, sworn to secrecy.