Some kind of Beast mode
I'm on ep. 43...3 future doctors and 2 future Masks? Gtfo of here, this show went from amazing to untouchable.

I was always almost done with Flash, but never fully finished. Plus I had times when I kept restarting from the beginning. This show has everything.

Now to go finish the series! Then I'm going to finish Changeman. Subs or no subs!

Actually back this time
Head over to the media matrix... it's got the info you seek.

Some kind of Beast mode
Will do!

But first...what a sad ending. I'm going to mi...well I do miss them, sorta always have. lol

My top 3, which is also Japan's top 3 is COMPLETE.

I finished this series earlier this year before YouTube was purged aaaaand... the series didn't really impressed me at all. they kept using stock footage for the mecha fights that I ended up skipping through it somewhere halfway through the series. the fight choreography also got old, it became so irritating. Dai and Lou hardly had any focus. Sara hogged most of the focus eps, with Jin and Bun coming up close behind.

[HIDE]it also sucks that Sara was the only Flashman who found her long lost family, while the others remain a mystery at the end of the series.[/HIDE]

Last edited:
They call her one-eye
I LOVE Flashman!! everything in the show is absolutely superb; the cast, the story, the action, the special effect (for a kids show in the eighties.) the music, the atmosphere, everything was done to a pinnacle of what a great super sentai could achieve.

Then again, I watched it when I was a little kid so nostalgia sometimes ends up helping.

Some kind of Beast mode
Oedipus, have you watched again since then?

Jacks, I do admit there were fight scenes that got repetitive. For example, the grab someones arm and flip them move. (Forgot what its called) They did it so much, I knew when they would do it...and I got it right everytime!!

btw Sarah is hands down the most beautiful Sentai Senshi i've ever seen. The cat lady with straight hair is also incredibly sexy, mostly in her disguises of course. She has a badass look that I rarely see in Japanese women at all.

She looks like she's bad in real life, instead of like other girl villains who are clearly "acting bad".

Would like to change his avatar
^ You mean the brown cat, right? I really like the actress, Miyuki Nagato, who was with the Japan Action Club. I always thought she would have made an awesome Kamen Rider -- if they ever let women be Kamen Riders and if Kamen Rider didn't peter out around the time she was active. (She played J5 of the Neo-Jetman team, if you remember those episodes and want to see more of her -- she kicked ass there, too!)

Flashman, still one of my favorites. I don't understand the complaints here about the action, though, especially the mecha scenes. The '80s shows were so nice in that they placed such little importance on mecha, the mecha scenes were probably about 30 seconds total. Can you believe the focus of the shows then was actually on story?! *gasp* :laugh: Repetitive moves...eh, go watch Battle Fever or Goggle V, where they would sometimes replay the SAME EXACT fight scene from another episode, and then come back and slam Flashman for having sorta similar fights with the grunts. :p

I've read people say that Flashman came at a time when parent groups were complaining, but I don't really buy that. Not only do I think it was that the shows at the time were becoming more story oriented (so they needed to lose some of the action they used as padding), but I think the chief action director was just getting burned out -- he had been the main action director of mostly every Sentai by that point -- which is why he leaves just a few episodes into Maskman. (He moves over to the metal heroes for a bit, and returned to Sentai to do Ohranger and Carranger, both of which had cool action, IMO. His name's Junji Yamaoka, and I think he's been the best of Sentai's action directors.) So, even with the diminished amount of action, Yamaoka would still come up with some pretty cool stuff, IMO.

And what makes a great fight scene? When you care about what built up to that fight, who the players in that fight are. Flashman has some strong storytelling that helps support the fight scene. Maybe kids today wouldn't appreciate the actual choreography in Kaura's final duel with Red Flash, but think about it from the storytelling standpoint, from a filmmaker's point of view. It wasn't just a shallow, quickly filmed scene with a lotsa flash and slick moves. It held a deeper meaning, you know?

Some kind of Beast mode
Yeea the brown one, the one who didn't eventually get turned into a monster. I don't remember a drop from Jet anymore unless people bring something up (just the final ep people keep spassing about ) in this case I don't remember the Neo-Jets at all. I def. re-watch it though, just to see her. She's so bad.

That's another thing I've picked up awhile ago, 80's Sentai was Story first, mecha later. It was almost like mecha was tacked on because of how little they cared. But even then they were still good/solid fights and the new robos had some bangin stories behind them. On top of that, they were used equally.

Only thing I gotta say is, if today's technology was used in some of the 80's Sentai.

Well, you know.