私の占いは当たる
I started watching this because I like Ryosuke Miura in OOO. Pretty interesting so far, but Cain is so different from Ankh! :O_O:

Mad Skillz
Yay, you're watching~!

And yes, the character of Cane is very different, and much more of a character people end up liking right off the bat. The series is probably the best of the three Star God shows and really handled its cancellation quite well. It's got some really fun humor, the one with Takuto and Blaird stuck in a trash compactor is absolutely hilarious.

(I also got the feeling that Blaird seemed to be Momotaros before Den-O aired, and probably better done at that)

And I don't care what anyone else says, those suits are damn sexy, some of my favorite tokusatsu suits in general.

How far are you into the series?

Now we just need Toei to hire Takuto's actor in something and all three boys will be in their toku. (Gaku Shindo/Ad, is voicing one of the generals in Gokaiger, so that makes me think he's going to get a human form since he's mostly a drama actor)

私の占いは当たる
I am watching episode 2 right now. I'm enamored with how Toho actually credited the suit actors properly. :anime:

Mad Skillz
...speaking of! I believe there was a blog where they would regularly post pictures of the suit actors (helmetless) when the show was on the air. There was a pretty amusing picture that had the three generals and the three Sazers eating noodles.

I'd like to think this was probably the best in every aspect of Toho's tokusatsu TV shows, especially when it comes down to action. Their characters have a lot more personality through the action and the villains especially carry the comedic moments nicely.

私の占いは当たる
...speaking of! I believe there was a blog where they would regularly post pictures of the suit actors (helmetless) when the show was on the air. There was a pretty amusing picture that had the three generals and the three Sazers eating noodles.

I have GOT to find that!

I'd like to think this was probably the best in every aspect of Toho's tokusatsu TV shows, especially when it comes down to action. Their characters have a lot more personality through the action and the villains especially carry the comedic moments nicely.

I've noticed it a lot with Lion Sazer, the others don't seem to have gotten the same amount of screen time yet. :sweat:

Sazer X is one of the best toku ever. Great story start to finish, good characters, awesome action, and don't get me started on mecha. Toho is pretty good at mecha battles more so than Toei.

Ryosuke Miura was awesome as Kane. Episode 19 was his best episode. Imo.I think he going to be remembered as Ankh moreso than Kane. Which is a shame, cause Sazer X was his first toku role. He was in Kamen Rider Decade for like 2 episodes.

I wish everyone would watch this series along with the movie. Cause your missing out on a great show.

^ I thought the movie was a bit of a letdown, largely because none of the Gransazers appear out-of-costume.

Sazer X has a good story, but I really didn't like the dramatic change in tone from Gransazer and Justiriser. That plus bobbleheads in the Cosmo Capsule Count at episode's end (The predecessor of "Count the Medals!") and the god-awful ED. The mecha also seemed to have lost their "god" aura about them and were just treated as machines. Then there was Gordo. I can't think of any foreign actor in toku outside Jean's in Kuuga that didn't comically blurt out random English words at strange intervals.

Regarding the villains, Blaird and Co. are the Descal, and their descendants Neo Descal. But why wasn't the name Descal ever used to refer to them? They kept using the generic "space pirates".

私の占いは当たる
The more I watch of this show the more I like it!