Life is showtime
Super Sentai's 19th Series...........

Chouriki Sentai Ohranger!

ohranger.jpg

Have seen eps 1-17 so far, and it's not a bad series so far. Not the worst series I've seen, worst being ZyuRanger really. The action could pick up more, and I'm hoping it does when KingRanger, OhBlocker, Red Puncher and Tackle Boy appear.

Anyone who's seen this series or has wanted to talk about it, talk here!:169:

Eye See You
I thought Hoshino was an awesome Red Senshi.
This series had some of the best mecha designs, imo.
Kingranger's costume turns me on.
I love OhPink's chest area.
The real story behind Red Puncher not working totally owned Zeo's attempt.

The only thing the series lacked was arcs. I think they should have thrown in some more epic arcs, especially for an anniversary series.

Would like to change his avatar
This reminds me, Forever Knight just said in another thread:

Vul Shark's pose also has to be the worst pose in Sentai History, next to BoukenYellow.

I've always hated Ohranger's entire "Olé!" thing. More shameful than killing a monster with an explosives-filled soccer ball.

Ohranger had the makings of a good show; they brought back some old writers, they had a good, serious and mature cast, but the show just went to hell, IMO. It's a jumbled mess, the heroes are never given much personality, the villains are ridiculous.

I remember seeing on the Japanese Wikipedia entry on Ohranger, they intended for Ohranger to be much more serious, but current events at the time (such as the Tokyo subway attacks) caused for the lightening-up of some shows and movies, Ohranger being one of them. This is most likely why Ohranger seems to be in such shambles... The mixed results caused Ohranger to be so poorly received that it's rumored to have nearly been the end of the sentai franchise. Deciding to make Carranger a parody of the genre, along with the decision of vehicle based mecha (a guarantee of sales), is supposedly what saved the franchise. To date, Ohranger is the lowest rated sentai.

Last edited:
Life is showtime
I agree that OhRanger is a new low. I can't take the whole "Olé" thing serious, I had an OhRanger marathon today and it's really ghey so far. Easily the worst series I have seen so far........¬_______¬;;

I have a torrent of the first 13 episodes. I like what I've seen, but it isn't really enough the judge the series.

I've noticed that [King Mondo] (Can't remember what he's called in Oh) was more vicious than in Zeo. It surprised me, and I liked it.

Life is showtime
I thought Hoshino was an awesome Red Senshi.
This series had some of the best mecha designs, imo.
Kingranger's costume turns me on.
I love OhPink's chest area.
The real story behind Red Puncher not working totally owned Zeo's attempt.

The only thing the series lacked was arcs. I think they should have thrown in some more epic arcs, especially for an anniversary series.

OhRanger wasn't an anniversary series though. CarRanger was the 20th series, OhRanger was 19th. Reason why CarRanger was a parody of itself, was to win back viewers because thanks to OhRanger's big flop, it was scheduled to be the last ever Sentai series. But CarRanger got high ratings and the mecha was based on vehicles (which was the best theme in ratings).

Eye See You
OhRanger wasn't an anniversary series though. CarRanger was the 20th series, OhRanger was 19th. Reason why CarRanger was a parody of itself, was to win back viewers because thanks to OhRanger's big flop, it was scheduled to be the last ever Sentai series. But CarRanger got high ratings and the mecha was based on vehicles (which was the best theme in ratings).

I keep mixing Carranger and Ohranger up when it comes to the anniversary.

Would like to change his avatar
Rider Knight said:
OhRanger wasn't an anniversary series though.

Yes, it was. Which is why the Ohranger movie began with this:

ohmoviedt1.jpg

It was back in the day when Toei had a brain and counted anniversaries by the year, which is the actually the real way, and not by series, which they moronically do now.

They consider Shin, Agito and Kabuto the anniversary works of Rider -- which they are, as they fall on the years. They didn't need to be impatient with sentai and should have just waited for the real anniversary mark, '05.

Life is showtime
I ain't seen the OhRanger movie in ages. But I usually go by Sentai Series numbers instead of years. XD