I started that series yesturday and I seen the 6 first episodes so far
I have up to 35 (yet I miss 3 of them :( ) They are very fast, around 17 minuts each, as the uploader or subtitling group removed both the opening and ending on the episodes.

As are my first opinions

About the heroes

Ryu is a good leader, although often pushing his partners to their limits

Gai, a reckless, stubborn guy. He is cool although being a perverted gentleman lol

Raita, second and last(?) overweight ranger, after Goggle Yellow, he`s strong thou

Kaori, although a spoiled rich girl, she discovered that everyone should be protected, rich or poor. She should stop to kick men in the nads thou, both allies than ennemies (But you can kick your former fiance in the nads over and over... he is the biggest bug)

Ako, (just learned on wikipedia she was 18 years old)
Ako a beautiful tomboy

I like the bad guys. Especialy the brat and the cigar smoking, wine-drinking, classic music listening robot

Jetman's pretty much Inoue's finest work for Tokusatsu, it was well damn story driven and dramatic. Only Boukenger gave me the same feeling as Jetman did.

Live to Win
Jetman is an awesome show. I love the fact that the team is very imperfect (Raita being overweight, Kaori being average-looking and Gai being a total dick), which gives the show a sense of realism you don't see in most other tokusatsu shows. Commander Aya is up there with Tetom (Gaoranger) as one of the hottest female mentors.

When this show was first broadcast on Philippine TV, I skipped it because I can't stand Tagalog dubs. But after recently downloading the fansubs, I got hooked. Now I know why fans place Jetman among the best Super Sentai shows. It's too bad it got screwed over (along with Dairanger and Gaoranger) on TV Asahi's poll for the top five Super Sentai shows of the Heisei era.

MagiFanboy
I've said it elsewhere, but while I did find Jetman to be overall very good, its flaws keep me from calling it one of the best; on the one hand, Gai spent the bulk of the series being obnoxious self-indulgent asshole more interested in sexually harassing Kaori and trying to guilt trip her into loving him than in doing anything remotely interesting or appealing character wise. On the other hand, stuff like the Empress Juuza and the reverse dimension rangers got really rushed and didn't have anywhere near the dramatic power that they should have.

Minato Ascending
Jetman is one of the best sentai series I've ever seen, and story-wise I think it is probably unmatched in terms of plot and character development. I do agree that there are some stories, like the inter-dimension ranger team, could've received much better treatment and not so rushed, but overall it didn't affect the show negatively. I just have a problem with the ending, but I would still rank Jetman as one of the very best that Super Sentai has to offer.