Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Banned
Mihara said:
The opening..it'll catch on...not saying it's good, and anything would be hard to follow after the Justiriser opening, but it'll catch on.

The actual episode...meh, it was okay. Nothing like Justirisers, but I hope it'll eventually get better.

I agree. Nothing like Justirisers, it was ok but for some reason I kept expecting the Timeranger theme song to be playing.

Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
Getting the first epsiode right now. I stopped watchign Gransazer midway through after the Impacters came into the picture and I was kind of on and off with Justiriser.

Personally my problem with Granssazer was that the leader just struck me as rather annoying. Like all he did was scream and try to act and it just got on my nerves. I talked about this a little bit on R5 for this/next week's episode and I mentioned too that the whoel thing somehow reminded me of Saint Seiya with the arcs. Maybe it's just me...

Justiriser was just sorta meh in my eyes but then again I was always on and off as I coudl never get the comp space or enough seeds to get the episodes. However, I did like it at some points (Shirogane owned).

Sazer X just strikes me as hardcore retro. The suit designs, the opening and ending themes...it's like the golden age of heroes on TV all over again.

Literally, that's what this season is proving to be, with the appearances of Ryukendo and Garo, we're seriously going ot be having the pick of the liter when it comes to heroes on TV.

I personally can't wait ^_^

*kicks his DL of Epsiode 1 in the meantime*

I just finished watching the first ep. Well, I liked it. I think it left me feeling the same way I felt after watching the first ep of Justiriser. I wasn't great, but it was enjoyable and has much potential, so I'm looking forward to more.

I'm really loving the overall retro feel of the series, and I still feel an aspect of Cybercop in this series with the whole heroes from the future deal (although that aspect of the show didn't really arise in Cybercop until almost halfway through the series). I do see some possible design influences in the costumes.

As far as the music goes I think I will like the openning. It's not the Justiriser openning, but I recall not liking that when I first heard it.

I did happen to enjoy the ending sequence actually. It does seem somewhat out of place (almost as is it were done in some way due to Magiranger?) but it was fun to watch.

I think I was determined to like this series despite all the preliminary negative comments. We'll see.

Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
Okay just finished watching.

This is the ONLY Chou Sei Shin (I'm going to be the first to call the whole thing CSS from now on ^^) that I've gotten hyped up for after watchign the first episode.

Sure, Gransazer had the bullet time punch which was somewhat cool and sure Glen got some action in the first episode of Justiriser but they still didn't get me to feel like "HOLY CRAP! THIS IS GOING TO ROCK!" God I hope it does't let me down after this....

Again, TOTAL retro feel. The action rocked and it was great not having the "DNA Cop-out" with the weapons this time around (i.e in Gran and Justi where everybody just knew what to do right of the bat). The characters were all believable and I can't wait to see Gordo in action ^_^

I'm willing to overlook the ending seqeunce, blame it on Magiranger for encouraging it (Hell, blame Blade for putting the idea to Toei's heads), but be thankful nobody's done a full blown Para Para routine.

That and the message of the day for something you should try...actually that was somewhat cute that they're doing that now ^^

Looking forward to seeing GreatLio in action!

Mad Skillz
I thought it was an okay episode, nothing great really. I was expecting that girl to end up becoming a Sazer before giving over the power, but maybe that'll happen later on. What I didn't get is, why does his dad have all those capsules? Was he a Sazer or something a long time ago?

The characters look great though, beatle sazer looks cool. His character and actual suit don't seem to match though, but I can tell he'll be the one I like the most. Eagle Sazer didn't do much for me, but maybe he'll change over time. Lio on the other hand was okay, not as good as Glen, but I guess he'll grow.

As for the ending...okay, not even Sentai is that bad.

Seems very promising, best first episode out of the 3. Gordo's japanese wasn't that bad, but he only got one line. Sean vs Gordo Hyperbattle video coming out soon(JK :p).

Evolution Fansubs
ZeroKun said:
Seems very promising, best first episode out of the 3. Gordo's japanese wasn't that bad, but he only got one line. Sean vs Gordo Hyperbattle video coming out soon(JK :p).
that would rock! Gordo would just sit on Sean and win :dance:

Mad Skillz
Just a random question, if Sazer X doesn't do as well as Grandsazer or Justirisers, or even good at all, would that be enough to end SSS or could it take a rebound and still move on for a 4th year?

No he would GAIJIN SMASH!!!(outpostnine joke) him :p. Although I haven't watched many(if at all, I can't remember) space cop shows, but this didn't feel retro at all.

Mikazuki said:
Mihara -- not to nitpick... but... I just noticed the title name you posted.... Chou Sei Kan Tai Sazer X - Talkback. Kantai is one word, according to Jeffery's dictionary, for (n) (naval) fleet; armada; (P).

But 2 kanji 艦隊, sometimes people like to split them up, even though japanese doesn't have spaces :)