Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Eye See You
Kyusaku said:
Well the opening is kinda meh, after hearing the whole thing. The ending theme is silly, very silly... like super sentai silly. The first ep was pretty decent, but you really have no idea where the plot is heading to just yet considering a good amount of the cast is from the future, while the main character and a few others are from the present. Compared to the other 2 shows, Sazer X puts a lot on the table already by the first episode, you see all the vehicles, some of their abilities, all the heroes, all the villians, etc. Gordo had one line of dialogue and delivered it well. There wasn't much time for him with everything else happening I figure maybe in the next episode we'll get more out of him. Gotta wait and see I guess.

Was the background music in the ep similar to the style that Gransazer and Justiriser had? The metal style guitars and drumming?.

Forever Knight said:
Was the background music in the ep similar to the style that Gransazer and Justiriser had? The metal style guitars and drumming?.

It had some of that. More of the music had trumpets, which again is very old-school.

Evolution Fansubs
just got home and I'm off to watch ep 1 now, I suppose I'll give my thoughts on it when i get back ^^

EDIT: ok watched it, and kyusaku summed it up before nicely.
The opening is ok I suppose, not all that great though. The ending is VERY silly, I would say its more silly than recent Super Sentai endings (theres a rainbow and sit sun in the bg and kids are dancing). Now for the ep, like Kyusaku said it shows all the heroes, villans, vehicles, and some pretty nice looking abilities. I love the idea of orange being the leader instead of that thing in mostly all sentai where red is the lead. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this series and seeing where the story goes since not much of it appeared to be introduced in this ep though I guess we will get some story next ep...looks pretty good so far though.
Oh and Gordo sounded pretty good :p, looking forward to seeing more of him next week as well.

Last edited:
For people who haven't seen it yet. I should note Gordo is sorta the co-pilot for Eagle Sazer's Adle-Eagle, and Twinsazers are co-pilots of Beetle Sazer's Beet-Vizor, and Remy is Liosazer's copilot for the Lio-Carrier. Or at least that's the idea the first episode gives you. That's why in the opening Gordo is alongside Eagle Sazer.

Would like to change his avatar
Kyusaku said:
The ending theme is silly, very silly... like super sentai silly.

Why is sentai shorthand for silly now? Couldn't you at least say "2000+ sentai silly"? I mean...sentai used to be good -- "sentai silly" discredits those good sentais of yesteryear! :laugh:

I'll refer to the Sazer X ending theme as more Ultraman/Project DMM silly. It's just something you're not going to like unless you're five or stoned.

The OP theme is no Justirisers and Hiroki Takahashi is no Mitsuo Nakajima...:redface2:

Okay...the Sazer X music would work in the 80s and maybe the early 90s...but man...*goes speechless* :confused:

Mad Skillz
The opening..it'll catch on...not saying it's good, and anything would be hard to follow after the Justiriser opening, but it'll catch on.

The actual episode...meh, it was okay. Nothing like Justirisers, but I hope it'll eventually get better.

Eye See You
I've never been a fan of the Gransazer or Justiriser theme songs so really the op theme never really mattered to me. But I do like this theme after is passes the first 40 seconds.

I just watched the JM clips. I'm still having trouble getting over the designs of the suits. I just don't dig eagle and bettle sazer..the lion suit is growing on me though. However what's with people complimenting on red not being the leader? they still fell into the fire elemental guy being the leader stereotype. As far as I could gather...the two guys from the future get to be sazers..but the chick is a mere co-pilot...screwy...And maybe this is just because I watched the clips..but why was there future tech already in the past before the sazer peeps showed up?