Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Eye See You
So the Space Pirates are finally destroyed. Pretty alright battle to end their arc. I'm hoping the next batch of villians will be a little more menacing though.

Lurker
finally finished sazer x

the last two eps were the best for action, surspence and a good ending
my only complants are that jackall should have stayed longer he had a
few decent fights with shark but none where that good

[HIDE]shark and jackall reminded me of
tommy's and zeltraxs hatered in prdt [/HIDE]

are gransazers or justirisers as good or better?

rambo said:
finally finished sazer x

are gransazers or justirisers as good or better?

Gransazers and Justirisers carry more of a serious tone. There are some comedic moments, but nothing as zany as Sazer X tends to get. Gransazers has a slew of characters which seems to get in the way of character development. It has a great story but don't expect every character to get the focus they need. Justirisers however manages to development most of its main cast very well and creates very interesting relationships between its characters. Gransazers and Justirisers are both action heavy, you will definitely get to see a lot of fights. Very highly recommended. Justirisers is my all-time favorite, I could watch the series an endless amount of times.

I've finished Sazer-X and even though the 'feel' of the show is different from Justirizers, I enjoyed it just as much. I liked the humor in it and the ending didn't show the series was cut short in my opinion. I also found the general flow of the story pretty original (just to name one example: Jackal got killed instead of being converted and joining the good guys).

The only Seishin series I haven't seen yet is Gransazer which makes me wonder: would it be better to first watch Gransazer and then the Sazer-X movie or can I watch the Sazer-X movie now (considering some characters from all three Seishin series make appearances)? :eyebrow:

Mad Skillz
Wouldn't really matter as none of the Gransazers show up out of suit or have any real lines.

So basically you don't need any background knowledge of Gransazers to watch the movie then.
How about spoilers? Any dangers of spoiling the Gransazer series by watching the movie?

Eye See You
Sazer-X is non stop. Episodes 34-35 were amazing, I am sometimes left breathless by the end of some of these episodes. The Remy/Shark story was really deep, more deep than anything in the Star God Trilogy, I absolutely loved it.

I'm finishing the last 3 episodes tonight and I seriously hate to see this end. Infact, I put it in the same pile as Buffy/Angel/Firefly/Mutant X.... It should never end.

I'm saving the movie for tomorrow night and a farewell to the Trilogy.

I was gonna ask if anyone has a wallpaper of the Sazer-X movie cover art or anything?.

Eye See You
Finished it. I am really sad to see the SSS end here. This franchise should have never ended in any way whatsoever.

The finale was a definate tear jerker. Black Lio looks pretty sick and the final battle inside the Giant was awesome.

So The Future is changed and Shark is gone. But what I don't understand is why Remy stayed behind in 2006?.

Overall, I really enjoyed the Trilogy. Gransazer was probally my favourite but Sazer-X had the best story that kept me wanting to watch again and again. I feel I lost out on not giving this series proper respect during it's intial run, but I blame that on the comedy in the early part of the series. For anyone having trouble getting into Sazer-X just fight it off and keep watching until Shark Sazer shows up and everything goes up hill from there and keeps getting better and better each episode.

The SSS Mecha Battles will always beat the Sentai mecha battles, in a heartbeat.

Farewell Star God Heroes.

I'm lucky I still got the Sazer-X movie which I'll check out tomorrow night. It'll be good to see everyone in action one last time too. Toho should really reconsider stepping down from Tokusatsu and bring back a 4th SSS.

Mad Skillz
So basically you don't need any background knowledge of Gransazers to watch the movie then.
How about spoilers? Any dangers of spoiling the Gransazer series by watching the movie?
I haven't seen it in a while, but I don't remember anything that would spoil. Like I said, the Gransazers' part is very brief. Literally all they do is show up for a massive fight, jump in their mechs to help beat the giant monster and that's it.