Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

GrnPsychoGarren said:
You cant say he's not a main character or not important. He freaking started off as one of the main bad guys. He IS important and should be treated with some damned dignity and integrity and the writers show him none.

He STARTED off as one of the main villians, but now he's no longer a threat and purely sticks around so he can be reunited with his allies so they can return home to space.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Is it so freaking much that I ask Blaird have a serious moment in an episode that practically BEGS FOR HIM TO? What Im asking doesnt drastically change the set up of the story or plot. It fits in with it PERFECTLY. Thats why Im pissed.

If it draws away from the main hero, Takuto, yes it's asking too much. I mainly believe this because the series has been cut down to 38 episodes. Ever since NeoDescal has shown up, there have been a lot of things rushed in the story and production wise.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
You have a great moment that begs for Blaird to get involved seriously and the writers **** it up.

Insulting the writers is one of my main reasons I suggested that perhaps you don't like the series. If I don't like the writing, I usually don't like the show. Like Hikaru no Go, I hated the writing in that series.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Blaird is a great character, he's had a lot of little, tiny moments of character defining and growth. Understanding and he's continually shafted where it truly counts. Episodes 33 and 34 were a hard blow to the character's importance to the series.

I disagree, I believe he has been given as much time as needed to be able to wrap the story up by ep 38. At the end of the Thundera episode where she leaves, there's the end moment where Blaird is sitting by the lake and Takuto talks to him. If you don't listen to the language they speak, there's a little nod to her because of her accent.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
I wouldn't agree. I think the Three Shogun suit actors have done a great job. Not perfect but especially Blaird, Aqual, and Cyclead. They are good actors and Blaird has shown a lot of great moments for being a suit. If they were given the right opportunity they could shine.

If they're onscreen long enough you see their acting get seriously out of sync with the dialogue, you will definitely notice this in 35 when Blaird and Aqual are talking to each other at the table in Takuto's house. This is why they try to change the camera angles as often as they can, so this is not as noticable to the audience. They're honestly not very good with the suit acting, I was hoping to defend this quality, saying they have improved a lot, but then I realized the camera tricks they used to try and avoid this quality in being detectable.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
It's not much to ask that Blaird get decent treatment as a character. All I'm saying is he deserved a moment in these two episodes. That's it. Just a freaking Moment. Im not saying they should have based the ENTIRE episodes around him and only him. Just switch around the roles. Let Blaird have that important "I believe" **** talk with Aqual. Why the **** did it have to be Takuto? Explain that to me. Why wouldnt Blaird have been the better choice?

Because in that episode or the episode before Takuto had the character development for him to trust people. And that development would seriously go to waste as being pointless if they didn't make good use of it in the little time they have left to develop Takuto.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Why? That's fucking unfair to throw that at me when Im not even saying the series Sazer-X is crap. I like Sazer-X. I think it's better than Justirisers. Im just saying I wish Blaird got more moments to shine. That's all. Why do you have to turn this into an ugly thing of "omg if you hate it so much rejoice you asshole". I dont hate the series. Im even more upset that this is the only season we will see Blaird and the writers are wasting good opportunities with the character.

I made no mention that I hated the entire series or franchise, ever. And I'll thank you not to throw that at my face again as I've been a huge supporter and lover of the Sazer franchise from the beginning.

You stated that the writers are terrible, you have posted a few times your dislike in the direction of the story and characters. When I hate the writers of a series, I'm probably gonna hate the show because I feel everything they produce is crap. The show is coming to a short end at episode 38, and they're trying to complete the story as quickly as they can. They've really cut down on the henchmen, and the kaiju, hell they even reused a kaiju from Justirisers and even gave him the same name. They're really on a short amount of time, and they're really trying to get the story finished up as soon as possible.

Gransazers had a full 50 episodes to flesh out its characters and couldn't do it. Sazer X has about 38 and hasn't fleshed out its main characters, not to mention laying waste to monster of the weeks that could've been a decent advesary, like Ultimate. He had the potential to last at least in 2 episodes using his ability to absorb elements and use them against the Sazer X crew, but Ultimate lasted a whole 3 minutes or so, what a waste. Then there was Megarion that they brought back from Justirisers, when I saw that kaiju I was like "WTF? That kaiju was featured like twice in Justirisers and even has the same name!" They really cut down on production and are trying to get the story completed as soon as possible, which is why there have been a big lack of fights and much more focus on story.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
You cant say he's not a main character or not important. He freaking started off as one of the main bad guys. He IS important and should be treated with some damned dignity and integrity and the writers show him none.

He STARTED off as one of the main villians, but now he's no longer a threat and purely sticks around so he can be reunited with his allies so they can return home to space.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Is it so freaking much that I ask Blaird have a serious moment in an episode that practically BEGS FOR HIM TO? What Im asking doesnt drastically change the set up of the story or plot. It fits in with it PERFECTLY. Thats why Im pissed.

If it draws away from the main hero, Takuto, yes it's asking too much. I mainly believe this because the series has been cut down to 38 episodes. Ever since NeoDescal has shown up, there have been a lot of things rushed in the story and production wise.
GrnPsychoGarren said:
You have a great moment that begs for Blaird to get involved seriously and the writers **** it up.

Insulting the writers is one of my main reasons I suggested that perhaps you don't like the series. If I don't like the writing, I usually don't like the show. Like Hikaru no Go, I hated the writing in that series.
GrnPsychoGarren said:
Blaird is a great character, he's had a lot of little, tiny moments of character defining and growth. Understanding and he's continually shafted where it truly counts. Episodes 33 and 34 were a hard blow to the character's importance to the series.

I disagree, I believe he has been given as much time as needed to be able to wrap the story up by ep 38. At the end of the Thundera episode where she leaves, there's the end moment where Blaird is sitting by the lake and Takuto talks to him. If you don't listen to the language they speak, there's a little nod to her because of her accent.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
I wouldn't agree. I think the Three Shogun suit actors have done a great job. Not perfect but especially Blaird, Aqual, and Cyclead. They are good actors and Blaird has shown a lot of great moments for being a suit. If they were given the right opportunity they could shine.

If they're onscreen long enough you see their acting get seriously out of sync with the dialogue, you will definitely notice this in 35 when Blaird and Aqual are talking to each other at the table in Takuto's house. This is why they try to change the camera angles as often as they can, so this is not as noticable to the audience. They're honestly not very good with the suit acting, I was hoping to defend this quality, saying they have improved a lot, but then I realized the camera tricks they used to try and avoid this quality in being detectable.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
It's not much to ask that Blaird get decent treatment as a character. All I'm saying is he deserved a moment in these two episodes. That's it. Just a freaking Moment. Im not saying they should have based the ENTIRE episodes around him and only him. Just switch around the roles. Let Blaird have that important "I believe" **** talk with Aqual. Why the **** did it have to be Takuto? Explain that to me. Why wouldnt Blaird have been the better choice?.

Because in that episode or the episode before Takuto had the character development for him to trust people. And that development would seriously go to waste as being pointless if they didn't make good use of it in the little time they have left to develop Takuto.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Why? That's fucking unfair to throw that at me when Im not even saying the series Sazer-X is crap. I like Sazer-X. I think it's better than Justirisers. Im just saying I wish Blaird got more moments to shine. That's all. Why do you have to turn this into an ugly thing of "omg if you hate it so much rejoice you asshole". I dont hate the series. Im even more upset that this is the only season we will see Blaird and the writers are wasting good opportunities with the character.

I made no mention that I hated the entire series or franchise, ever. And I'll thank you not to throw that at my face again as I've been a huge supporter and lover of the Sazer franchise from the beginning.

You stated that the writers are terrible, you have posted a few times your dislike in the direction of the story and characters. When I hate the writers of a series, I'm probably gonna hate the show because I feel everything they produce is crap. The show is coming to a short end at episode 38, and they're trying to complete the story as quickly as they can. They've really cut down on the henchmen, and the kaiju, hell they even reused a kaiju from Justirisers and even gave him the same name. They're really on a short amount of time, and they're really trying to get the story finished up as soon as possible.

Gransazers had a full 50 episodes to flesh out its characters and couldn't do it. Sazer X has about 38 and hasn't fleshed out its main characters, not to mention laying waste to monster of the weeks that could've been a decent advesary, like Ultimate. He had the potential to last at least in 2 episodes using his ability to absorb elements and use them against the Sazer X crew, but Ultimate lasted a whole 3 minutes or so, what a waste. Then there was Megarion that they brought back from Justirisers, when I saw that kaiju I was like "WTF? That kaiju was featured like twice in Justirisers and even has the same name!" They really cut down on production and are trying to get the story completed as soon as possible, which is why there have been a big lack of fights and much more focus on story.

It's Judgement Time!
Kyusaku said:
You stated that the writers are terrible, you have posted a few times your dislike in the direction of the story and characters.

I said I didnt like the writers direction of Blaird. Show me posts where I make huge cases about all characters of the show. I dont because Im generally happy with the rest of the show. I'm just dissapointed in Blaird's case because they DID start something wonderful and the writers opened a door of opportunity for the character then slammed it in his face.

And you say the show should always focus on Takuto but that's a laugh. I can point to you over a dozen times where the focus of the episode is NOT ON TAKUTO! And Im not asking for the focus to be on Blaird. I'm saying there should have been ONE MOMENT (1 minute even! just 1 minute! OR EVEN 30 SECONDS! See? Im compromising for Takuto) where he was SERIOUS with AQUAL without JOKES. Where HE WAS THE ONE helping and being a friend to Aqual. JUST ONE MOENT OUT OF BOTH 20 MINUTE EPISODES.

You see? There would still be 19 minutes and 30 seconds for Takuto to learn his precious trust lesson and be the main hero of the show. Giving Blaird a tiny break from the comedy would seriously have helped 33 and 34s plot and Blaird as a character.

And I dont care what you want to believe I love Sazer-X despite my words to the writers. I think they did drop the ball with Blaird. That doesnt mean I hate all their decisions.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
I said I didnt like the writers direction of Blaird. Show me posts where I make huge cases about all characters of the show. I dont because Im generally happy with the rest of the show. I'm just dissapointed in Blaird's case because they DID start something wonderful and the writers opened a door of opportunity for the character then slammed it in his face.

And you say the show should always focus on Takuto but that's a laugh. I can point to you over a dozen times where the focus of the episode is NOT ON TAKUTO! And Im not asking for the focus to be on Blaird. I'm saying there should have been ONE MOMENT (1 minute even! just 1 minute! OR EVEN 30 SECONDS! See? Im compromising for Takuto) where he was SERIOUS with AQUAL without JOKES. Where HE WAS THE ONE helping and being a friend to Aqual. JUST ONE MOENT OUT OF BOTH 20 MINUTE EPISODES.

You see? There would still be 19 minutes and 30 seconds for Takuto to learn his precious trust lesson and be the main hero of the show. Giving Blaird a tiny break from the comedy would seriously have helped 33 and 34s plot and Blaird as a character.

And I dont care what you want to believe I love Sazer-X despite my words to the writers. I think they did drop the ball with Blaird. That doesnt mean I hate all their decisions.

Like I said before, they don't have enough time anymore. They did when the series started but since it has been cut short by 12-13 episodes, they can't focus on any secondary characters anymore. Which is why Takuto has been the main center ever since NeoDescal came from the future. They had to cut down the scripts. Which is why a lot of good henchmen are going to waste and they had to use old Justirisers kaiju.

Just got back from holiday so I need to catch up on my series. Sazer-X is on top of the list, of course, and I'm really pumped for the Seishin series finale.
Also bought the Seishin movie, which I'll be watching as soon as I have enough time.

Kyusaku said:
Like I said before, they don't have enough time anymore. They did when the series started but since it has been cut short by 12-13 episodes, they can't focus on any secondary characters anymore. Which is why Takuto has been the main center ever since NeoDescal came from the future. They had to cut down the scripts. Which is why a lot of good henchmen are going to waste and they had to use old Justirisers kaiju.

So the show was really cut by 12/13 episodes and not planned to end at 38?

Sage Shinigami said:
So the show was really cut by 12/13 episodes and not planned to end at 38?

From the looks of how the series has progressed since X-Day, it's been extremely rushed. What most likely happened was that the movie's box office sales were probably expected to help pay for the series. But the movie didn't do that well in the box office. When it premiered it was #5 movie in box office, but quickly dropped afterwards. After TOHO saw they were in the red with the series, they probably sold off the timeslot for the last quarter of the series if they did originally contract for 50 or so episodes. Since ending in July will make it just in time for the new season. Either that or just didn't renew the timeslot contract for July.

Ever since after X-day, there's some reuse of previous series kaiju, like Megarion. The fights become very mimimal to give more time for Takuto and Remmy to complete their character development before the series ends. A lot of creatures of the week get wasted very quickly without any chance for a plot to develop around them. They wasted one with huge plot potential within 3-4 minutes of its entrance.

------------------------------------------------------------
Chousei Kantai Sazer X: FIGHT! Warriors of the Stars.(Or however else you wish to translate that)

[HIDE]
This movie was.....medicore. It wasn't "ZOMG great!" but it also wasn't "WTF! This sucks." The story was somewhat interesting bringing back Bosquito from Gransazers. Was also interesting how they combined all 3 universes. The effects had good production value too, it was really nice seeing the character in film quality. However, the fights were mainly a big mess, the acting was somewhat poor at times(mainly from Sazer X cast), overall seemed rushed at times. Some scenes or shots made me cringe at how badly they were done. It really seems like the movie was somewhat rushed and didn't give them a chance to do many takes.
[/HIDE]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sazer X ep 36

[HIDE]This episode had unbelievable timing....if I hadn't seen the movie I might not have noticed that this week's kaiju was a 1 headed Mammoth Bosquito...(yes from the Sazer X movie) They basically removed the heads, put a plate to cover the holes and added a head higher up on the body...it wasn't even repainted... They also threw in more Megarions...(yes from Justirisers) It really seems like they rushed these final episodes I'm really getting disappointed by how this is turning out. The story is really moving along, but a little too quickly at times I think. I really wish they had more time and money to finish this series off right.[/HIDE]

It's a shame a good series as this one needs to come to a premature, rushed ending ... if only there was a way to increase the budget (better marketing? better TV ratings?)

Mad Skillz
My guess is that the movie wasn't supposed to help pay for the series, but once TOHO saw how bad it did, coupled with the declining ratings, canceling it seemed like the logical thing to do.

It really is a shame though, that TOHO had to cancel the franchise as well. Sazer X hasn't been my favorite series, but it's enjoyable and the plots are interesting and captivating. The one thing I loved the most were the suits, I'm guessing those probably turned the kids off from the series as well. From the looks of things, Sazer X sorta feels like the Hibiki of the franchise in the sense that it's vastly different. I think Sazer X could have been the best entry thus far in the franchise had it not been canceled. The plots were being built up to nicely and everything was going great. Now everything's rushed, and the production is really failing, as is the stunt crew.

I do hope that the franchise can come back one day, this really was one of the best franchises on the air in the past few years and it really sucks that it had to come to an end so soon. But who knows? Maybe TOHO will take a year off to retool the franchise and we'll see a 4th series next year.