Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Blue said:
Wait...is that a power up or an evil Lio Sazer?

From what NeoDescal says to Takuto in ep 34 I think it's probably a powerup. There's a quality about the suit which you can easily make a reference to what NeoDescal talks about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I gave up reading the scan because I couldn't make sense out of most of it. Mainly because of ep 35 and ep 36 spoilers that are part of the plot. I'm checking 2ch's spoiler thread to get an idea.

Last edited:
Blue said:

That's the same pic that was on cowspot. I found the spoiler thread on 2ch and read through the spoiler for 37 and it talks about NeoDescal's latest weapon something called Dark Gran. Supposedly this Black Lio pic is from ep 37. Dark Gran appears in ep 36 or 35 originally and uses Lion 1 as a power source. I'm gonna read up the 35 and 36 spoilers when I get home tonight to get a better idea of what's going on in the story at that point.

It's Judgement Time!
Watched up to 33. Im fed up. Blaird is shafted AGAIN. He's meaningless. Why is it Takuto who has the heartfelt "I believe" talk to Aqual? Aqual is Blairds good friend. Why does it have to be Takuto who is the heartfelt hero this time? I mean **** Blaird is standing right there not doing a thing and essentially being worthless in the episode again.

Of all the freaking times that Blaird could be used appropriately, now would have been the perfect time. Blaird should have been the one who had the heartfelt talk to Aqual. It doesnt always have to be Takuto. I mean dammit.

This was a chance for Blaird to show some depth and have some real purpose in the episode and the series. Cause lately he's been running around with no purpose. The writers dropped the ball with Blaird. They dropped the effing ball...

It doesnt make sense that Takuto be the one to talk to Aqual. It should have been Blaird. But no hes reduced to standing on the side saying "Oi, er, uh, ah, but, oi, er, uh, er, uh, dur"

Or how about having Blaird stand up for HIS friends sometime. Instead of having him stand on the sidelines watching Takuto and Aqual fight or Takuto and Cyclead, how about he get in there himself and break it up, defend his old friends and try to resolve things his way.

Man the writers are retarded. They dropped the ball on Thundera now this. Blaird got shafted bad in this series.

It's Judgement Time!
and now episode 34... surprise surprise LOOK WHO'S SHAFTED AGAIN! These writers suck. Blaird had so much potential, I think it's safe to assume it's wasted. There's no hope for the character now. I just wish Blaird had a serious moment. Just once, something that shows a bit more to him than relentless stupidity.

The trio gets some focus in ep 35, especially Aqual. Blaird doesn't really need any character development anymore. He's as developed as Takuto is. He's already dealt with the loss of Thundera, the loss of Jackall, and having to deal with fighting his closest friend. He's rarely a serious character but he's had all the moments he's needed really. If you're gonna focus on one of the trio it should be Aqual, she's been in the worst condition ever since NeoDescal used that mind altering device on Cyclead. She needs to vent, and needs help.

It's Judgement Time!
Dealt with the loss of Thundera? Lol you mean he comedically gets ignored and gets laughed at. Wow, that's really dealing. Blaird didnt get ANY proper focus during the Thundera arc at ALL. Every moment he had that began serious ended as a joke, ruining his integrity. The loss of Jackall was probably the only real character defining moment since the episode he discovered his boss was a robot.

He hasnt had any moments since Jackall and he's due for one. Aqual?? AQUAL?? AQUAL GETS FOCUS IN ALMOST EVERY EPISODE!!! She gets more development than most of the characters on the show as does Cyclead! I mean come the **** ON.

Blaird is no where NEAR developed as Takuto. I can easily name a handful of key moments for Takuto, Blaird has only 3 at MOST... AT FREAKING MOST.

The rest of his pathetic life has been utter comedy.

True, in the beginning I loved it but enough is enough. Let the man have ONE serious moment. 33 and 34 should have been key moments for Blaird. And he was written off to the side lines. Takuto steals the effing show again and he didnt even need to. Blaird was perfect for this spot. All I ask is one moment where Blaird is serious, has a little depth, and doesnt turn into a joke at the end of the scene. Just one freaking moment and it looks like that will never come.

Let's go a step further. Take out Blaird of episode 33 and 34 and what happens. NOTHING! Because the entire set up doesnt use Blaird at ALL! You could take him out completely and nothing CHANGES! It's pathetic writing at best.

The writers are closed minded, they apparently refuse to utilize their other characters outside of the core main cast.

Aqual does need to vent and does need help. And notice how the writers have her going to Blaird for that venting and for that help. Lately she goes to Blaird, picks a fight, but you can tell she wants to get things off her chest. She wants someone to talk to. But then apparently the writers smoke crack and forget what they were writing, and suddenly have Takuto be the little pimp daddy of the scene. heaven fucking forbid Blaird get one freaking moment in the spot light.

33 and 34 would have been the PERFECT setup for Aqual's future "vent" and "help" by establishing a safe haven with Blaird. They were friends, it only makes freaking sense that it should have been Blaird that had all the serious moments and talks with Aqual. Hes her freaking FRIEND! He's supposed to be the one who is there for her when she needs HELP!

Blaird doesnt need anymore development? BULL ****. He might not need development, no, but he needs one fucking serious moment of depth to help round off the character. Define him a little more. Solidify his persona. Cause Im sick of how he's being treated by the writers right now.

He's nothing more than a freaking joke apparently and it was cute at first but enough is enough. There are times for comedy and times for drama. 33 and 34 were those times for Blaird. And the writers apparently felt that Blaird doesnt deserve any moment... ever.

He had no moment with Thundera. I wanted him to have a moment with Thundera. But no, every freaking scene he had with Thundera turned into a cruel fucking joke. And I didnt laugh. Every cute little scene where we all laugh at Blairds pain or how he got ignored. I didnt laugh. I felt sorry for him because WTF. Takuto stole his girl (that asshole) and the girl ignores Blaird completely. It was annoying and he never got one moment from it. It was all jokes and "lets laugh at his pain".. Well this psycho didnt laugh.

You're not going to convince me this is good writing. It's **** writing on Blaird's behalf. He deserved better than this. I'm not saying he should have been a 24.7 serious bad ass, keep his comedy. Hes a good comedic character but give him some fucking moments. Let him be serious when it's appropriate. Dont ruin a good fucking moment with relentless stupidity. GAH.

But its hopeless. I have no hope anymore I give up. Its episode 34 now and if Blairds moment doesnt come now it never will...

I mean look at it this way:

33 - should have had it with Takuto wanting to talk things out but doubting. Blaird should have been the one to have the talks with Aqual, serious talks. Takuto mistakes something for a hostility and attacks Aqual or gets the wrong idea. Doesnt fully trust her. Blaird says something to help Takuto understand. Yadda. At the end you have them getting tied up and Aqual about to slash em. Takuto is pretty much lost all hope. It should have been Blaird who did the whole "I believe" and crap.

34 - Blaird should have been the one to suggest aqual missed on purpose. Why the **** would Blaird doubt Aqual? God dammit... In fact it should have had Takuto be angry at Aqual and mistunderstand. Blaird defends her, lets her get away to safety, a little tussle amongst them. Blaird says something meaningful again, a joke or two in there. Then have Takuto find Aqual and work things out that way and come to an understanding.

I mean and the fact that Blaird sits there and does nothing to defend his friends or act important to the scenario at all... it's terrible. Had to deal with fighting his comrads, he's practically had any moment that has shown us the reprecussions he's gone through by fighting his own friends.

He hasnt had one serious effing moment since Jackall and even that was kind of stupid if you ask me. Jackal was all big and bad "I hate you shark" "I know Jackall". It was a big Tommy and Zeltrax shtick that was sort of pointless then Jackall dies which also seemed weird and abrupt. Sad, but ****. At least Blaird got a moment out of it.

Wow d00d something is really wrong with you bro. You're taking this waaaay too far. Blaird is and has always been a more lighthearted character. He's had short simple moments that show what I mentioned before.

It's not the whole episode about him because he's not the main character, he's become a side character like Shark. There are whole eps where you see like 1 minute of Shark who is suppose to be the commander of the team? I don't see how Blaird deserves more attention.

Besides as Shougo has stated many times, J-Stunts are terrible suit actors, why flaunt it? I think they've focused on him just fine. When Thundera left, there were scenes where you see him with her shamisen and staring into the lake. Blaird buried Jackall, a man who took him in even though they had been enemies at one point. I've dealt with a few deaths in my life and I know how difficult something like that can be.

This isn't Chousei Kantai Daisan Shougun chill out or stop watching, the franchise is over be happy you don't have to deal with something you think is crap.

It's Judgement Time!
Kyusaku said:
Blaird is and has always been a more lighthearted character. He's had short simple moments that show what I mentioned before.

He hasnt. He's had maybe 3 good, serious moments at best. All others were turned into jokes.

I like Blaird as a light hearted character but you need to understand that there are moments that BEG for Blaird to get a serious moment. JUST ONE. Im not asking for more than 2 minutes of serious time from Blaird. And it's not Blaird. Sometimes he is trying to be serious and the scenario turns it into a one big joke.

Jokes and comedy are great but give Blaird one or two serious moments when it really counts. 33 and 34 was where it counted.

Kyusaku said:
It's not the whole episode about him because he's not the main character,

He's in every episode, he practically is a main character. But I'm not asking for him to be given an entire episode. No, I'm asking for some good writing that involves him in the episode. That makes him important to the episode. That's all I ask, is one serious moment that makes his existance worth a damn. Takuto shouldnt have been the one to have that damned talk with Aqual. It felt akward. Blaird should have had at least one moment with Aqual to have a serious talk but he didnt get ****.

Kyusaku said:
There are whole eps where you see like 1 minute of Shark who is suppose to be the commander of the team? I don't see how Blaird deserves more attention.

Im not asking for Blaird to have anymore attention than Shark (though he HAS had more attention, just of the comedic kind.). But look at Shark. He's a side character and he gets to have GREAT IMPORTANCE ON THE DAMNED STORY! Your point PROVES MY ENTIRE RANT! >_<

Shark has less scenes than Blaird, but is more important and has many serious moments and character defining moments. He has great interaction with the cast and the characters play well with Captain Shark. They grow through their experience with him.

Blaird didnt get that did he. Im not asking any more than a couple, 2 minute, serious moments from the writers with Blaird. Look at episodes 33 and 34. Take Blaird out. Do it, what changed? NOTHING. The entire two episodes could have been done without Blaird. His existance is POINTLESS thanks to the writers.

You cant say he's not a main character or not important. He freaking started off as one of the main bad guys. He IS important and should be treated with some damned dignity and integrity and the writers show him none.

Is it so freaking much that I ask Blaird have a serious moment in an episode that practically BEGS FOR HIM TO? What Im asking doesnt drastically change the set up of the story or plot. It fits in with it PERFECTLY. Thats why Im pissed.

You have a great moment that begs for Blaird to get involved seriously and the writers **** it up.

Blaird is a great character, he's had a lot of little, tiny moments of character defining and growth. Understanding and he's continually shafted where it truly counts. Episodes 33 and 34 were a hard blow to the character's importance to the series.

Kyusaku said:
Besides as Shougo has stated many times, J-Stunts are terrible suit actors, why flaunt it?

I wouldn't agree. I think the Three Shogun suit actors have done a great job. Not perfect but especially Blaird, Aqual, and Cyclead. They are good actors and Blaird has shown a lot of great moments for being a suit. If they were given the right opportunity they could shine.

Kyusaku said:
When Thundera left, there were scenes where you see him with her shamisen and staring into the lake. Blaird buried Jackall, a man who took him in even though they had been enemies at one point.

1) Turned into a fucking joke. Doesnt count. He never got proper focus on the loss of Thundera. The entire thing was a cruel joke at the expense of Blaird.

2) One of the only few good moments of Blaird. Few. That doesnt mean that he didnt deserve another moment with Aqual in episode 33 and 34.

It's not much to ask that Blaird get decent treatment as a character. All I'm saying is he deserved a moment in these two episodes. That's it. Just a freaking Moment. Im not saying they should have based the ENTIRE episodes around him and only him. Just switch around the roles. Let Blaird have that important "I believe" **** talk with Aqual. Why the **** did it have to be Takuto? Explain that to me. Why wouldnt Blaird have been the better choice?

They are shoguns, Aqual is a shogun having trouble and help. Who the hell would YOU suggest be the one to talk to her and help her? Not fucking Takuto. Blaird should be the one. And he was tossed to the side as a comedic bafoon.

Huzzah!

Kyusaku said:
the franchise is over be happy you don't have to deal with something you think is crap.

Why? That's fucking unfair to throw that at me when Im not even saying the series Sazer-X is crap. I like Sazer-X. I think it's better than Justirisers. Im just saying I wish Blaird got more moments to shine. That's all. Why do you have to turn this into an ugly thing of "omg if you hate it so much rejoice you asshole". I dont hate the series. Im even more upset that this is the only season we will see Blaird and the writers are wasting good opportunities with the character.

I made no mention that I hated the entire series or franchise, ever. And I'll thank you not to throw that at my face again as I've been a huge supporter and lover of the Sazer franchise from the beginning.

Last edited: