Chou Sei Kantai Sazer X - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

It's Judgement Time!
Kyusaku said:
[HIDE] You know that now that Gordo and Ado are saved from being stuck in the wormhole and Gordo is back with his wife...[/HIDE]

Their relationship is very taboo...I mean it's an obvious relationship between a gaijin and a japanese person...It might be acceptable if such a relationship were seen in a Jdrama or a movie,(which is very rare, actually I'm not sure if I have ever seen it) this is being shown to impressionable young children. TOHO is really pushing things with this series...

That's a pretty hateful thing to say. You mean you oppose American - Japanese relationships? Wtf is up with that.

I think it's great Gordo's wife is Japanese. More power to him. It proves that love stretches beyond Race and Language. Toho is wrong for teaching children not to discriminate? Hm, I dont get where you were going with that point Kyu.

I don't think what kyu said is hateful. He's just made an observation based on his understanding of Japan's xenophobic culture.

It's Judgement Time!
ShadowRider said:
I don't think what kyu said is hateful. He's just made an observation based on his understanding of Japan's xenophobic culture.

you lost me on there. I probably misunderstood Kyu but the way he phrased it made it seem like Gordo having a Japanese wife was a bad thing and it was having bad influence on japanese children. I think that is hateful if that's the point he was trying to get across

Mad Skillz
It's a taboo subject in Japan, and a lot of people don't like to talk about it because Japan sees non-Japanese as "outsiders" a lot apparently.

It's Judgement Time!
Mihara said:
It's a taboo subject in Japan, and a lot of people don't like to talk about it because Japan sees non-Japanese as "outsiders" a lot apparently.

Well apparently it's not that much of a taboo if a kids show is doing it. I like it. Japanese men are just jealous. >_> JEALOUS dammit

I think you misread Kyu's post. He doesn't have anything against mixed marriages (as far as I know ;) ) but merely stated how Japanese society as a whole thinks about it.

So yes, it IS a taboo! Even more so that children from mixed marriages have more trouble fitting in, something my girlfriend and I have discussed at length. Especially marriage with a foreign man are taboo. Just to demonstrate this point:

My g/f and I have been looking into a possible marriage and the kind of paperwork that would need to be taken care of. Lo and behold! Lots more red tape and paper pushing when in a mixed couple the foreigner is the husband. We suspect they do this solely to discourage mixed marriages. So in short, it's much easier for a Japanese man to marry, oh let's say a Filipina than for a Japanese woman to marry a European man.

Another example from when we started dating: she was giving me a ride with her car and we happened to cross one of her coworkers who was on foot. I had to lower my seat immediately to make sure he didn't see me and would start gossiping about her affair with a foreigner. Worse, once I went to her office on business and she made me pretend not to know her for fear of the reaction of her boss. She did tell a few female coworkers whom she trusts, but in general it's been kept hush-hush for over a year. Now, fortunately, she has come out of the closet for the most part, except still not towards her boss.

So yeah, pretty bold move by TOHO here!

It's Judgement Time!
well damn their hateful society. =_= *shakes fist* ok well meow. Still! pretty evil if the Japanese truly consider such things blah *tired*

Well inter racial marriages and relationships are becoming more and more acceptable in Japan it just really depends on where you go and the background that people have. Just like in the south in some places marrying someone that's not white is a taboo. Anyhow I really like where they've taken Sazer X. I really hated the show at first but its gotten a lot better glad I stuck it out so I can enjoy it,

I laughed my pants off with episode 30:

[HIDE]Blaird was hilarious! The way he showed up at the Onsen, then him suggesting that the only reason Aqual was there, was to eat the tasty food :laugh: Takuto sneeking food over to Blaird at the end was also a riot.
Touching and funny moment when Blaird suggested it would be nice if Remy and Takuto got married.[/HIDE]

Overall a good episode and
[HIDE]... Neo Descal are apparently only interested in one thing: kill, destroy, maim, annihilate! With or without Cosmo capsules, they don't care! They just seem to be interested in destruction and only slightly fear Shark. I wonder how the whole amalgam kaiju and moon base thingy will play out...[/HIDE]