Choose One Of These Two Articles About The Same Movie — Or Die

Staff member
If you know a lot about video games and game history, it can be painful to watch any movie that makes up some kind of retro technology, because they will inevitably be written and directed by people who get a ton of things wrong. So it goes yet again with Choose Or Die, the horror flick coming to Netflix ’round the ides of April.
Our protagonist, played by Iola Evans, lives in a decrepit building in a seedy part of town. She lost her job and is about to be evicted if she can’t come up with some cash. She thinks she sees a way out of her troubles when she finds CURS>R, a text-based computer game from the 80s that offered a cash prize to whoever could complete it — but nobody ever claimed the prize. “It could still be up for grabs,” she theorizes. Uh, no. Typically, if a game was that old and nobody claimed the prize of a contest in it, that prize was taken home by the boss or made into a tax writeoff…and also, it’s more likely the company no longer exists, or if it does, anyone who...

Continue reading...

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
Excellent article about this possible game winnings. Since the person needs money desperately, in the real world, they would come up with the quickest way to get the answer as to whether or not the prize money is still up for grabs. When you're facing eviction, it's not like you have time to spare. But since this is a movie ... it's kind of cute! I can just imagine getting a response like “I’m sorry, I don’t know how to SAVE something.”. LOL.