CHEVALIER, Napoleon Bonaparte tried deleting him from History

Super Moderator
Chevalier is  historical drama set during the 17th century France. It stars Kelvin Harrison Jr. as the title character and he is joined by the beautiful Samara Weaving as Marie-Josephine,the apple of his eyes. Lucy Boynton gets the role of the controversial French Queen, Marie-Antoinette. You know the queen who got beheaded by the people during French Revolution. This movie proves it is possible to make a historically accurate period drama with black actors without race swapping historical figures.
Chevalier official trailer

Chevalier de Saint-Georges was a title that Joseph Bologne as a mark of merit. He is a prodigy on the violin and a composer and conductor of music, so the name “Jack of all Trades” can be used in its most general sense to describe him. The military did...

Continue reading...

Glowing
The fact that I've never heard of Chevalier before adds to my interest in this film. He was never thought on my school, and it's amazing to see a Black man succeed during a time when prejudice was widespread in society. My school did teach about the French Revolution, but not about this peculiarly interesting gentleman.

I'm not familiar with the history that inspired this, but the trailer has caught my attention. I'm good at portraying unseen history; however, I hope they're not hiding a past that makes it hypocritical, like "The Woman King," whose protagonists backed slavery but were depicted as heroes in a film. I'm all for telling the untold stories. I had no idea that someone like Chevalier existed. Which begs the question: why are there a dozen films in recent years in which colored individuals have been cast to play white historical figures yet REAL people of color existed in history who were quite talented and strong to get their own movie and had no documented stories up to the present? This begs the question, "Why the hell are there a dozen films in recent years in which colored persons are cast to play white historical figures?" Even now, I can't get over the reality that "Black Anne Boleyn" and "Chinese Bess of Hardwick" were invented for the sake of variety. Instead of having their stories told, these unsung heroes of history should be converted into films.

I am happy that this story will finally be told, and I hope it will receive the recognition and acclaim that it so well deserves. FINALLY, a film based on the life and adventures of Chevalier de Saint-Georges! It is a sad shame that French filmmakers have yet to pay honor to Joseph Bologne's life and achievements through the art of film. Everything didn't fall into place until 2022.

AMAWEMEN Hear me roar!
Joseph Bologne Chevalier de Saint Georges was a master of the sword, bow, and baton! He was also a superb composer who had an early influence on Mozart and had the opportunity to perform his music for the King and Queen of France. Beethoven frequently used the African-British violinist George Bridgetower in his performances. I have high hopes that his story will be adapted into a film too one day.

Please do not Ban Me
When I watch a movie set in the same time period as Chevalier de Saint-Georges, between 1745 and 1799, I don't want the characters to have the same morals and sense of right and wrong that are common today. Instead, I want them to have the morals and sense of right and wrong that were common at that time. So many smart black men, women, and other people have made important contributions to history, and I think it's great that a biopic is being made about a black person from history. We need more movies like this.

We almost had a movie about the Black Samurai Yasuke but sadly Chadwick Boseman who will play him onscreen died. This is a great alternative.

I'm not familiar with the history that inspired this, but the trailer has caught my attention. I'm good at portraying unseen history; however, I hope they're not hiding a past that makes it hypocritical, like "The Woman King," whose protagonists backed slavery but were depicted as heroes in a film. I'm all for telling the untold stories. I had no idea that someone like Chevalier existed. Which begs the question: why are there a dozen films in recent years in which colored individuals have been cast to play white historical figures yet REAL people of color existed in history who were quite talented and strong to get their own movie and had no documented stories up to the present? This begs the question, "Why the hell are there a dozen films in recent years in which colored persons are cast to play white historical figures?" Even now, I can't get over the reality that "Black Anne Boleyn" and "Chinese Bess of Hardwick" were invented for the sake of variety. Instead of having their stories told, these unsung heroes of history should be converted into films.
Now people have too many questions. Unfortunately they don't have answers.
I have many questions myself. Nowadays, history is being twisted. Take this very Napoleon. Already 100 times I have seen materials about him that are completely untrue. I also recently studied "holocaust", found the only option https://edubirdie.com/examples/holocaust/ where everything is written adequately without exaggeration. On many resources, everything seems to be ok, but there will always be one or two sentences from which the hair is on end. I don’t know what will happen in 100-200 years with world history. It seems that children simply will not know world figures and so on.

Last edited:
The fact that I've never heard of Chevalier before adds to my interest in this film. He was never thought on my school, and it's amazing to see a Black man succeed during a time when prejudice was widespread in society. My school did teach about the French Revolution, but not about this peculiarly interesting gentleman.
At school they tell in a nutshell.