Cheon Myeong-kwan’s HOT BLOODED Acquired By Multiple Territories At Cannes Ahead Of Extended Director’s Cut Release Next Week

Administrator
Best-selling “Whale”, “Modern Family” and “My Uncle, Bruce Lee” author Cheon Myeong-kwan’s feature directing debut, Hot Blooded, is getting a local director’s cut re-release on May 26. According to the Chosun Ilbo, the new cut will be extended by 22 minutes following its initial rollout back in March from Kidari Ent for PG-15 audiences.

Cheon directed the film, having adapted the script from a 2016 novel by Han Moo-suk literature prize winner, Kim Un-su. The movie centers on a low-level gangster and acting hotel manager in the shabby port town of Kwan in Busan, whose aspirations to wealth and power accelerate with the sudden return of a murder suspect who fled the country twenty years earlier.

The film stars Jung Woo, Kim Kap-soo, Chou Moo-sung, Ji Seung-hyun, Kim Hae-gon, Yoon Ji-hye and Lee Hong-nae. Finecut is representing international sales...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this movie months ago, It made me learn about the Gangs and criminal world of South Korea and their difference from the Yakuza and Mafia.

I read the novel by Kim Eon-soo years ago and I didnt know that it will become a movie.

Last edited by a moderator: