Cheers Soldiers, After V! Let's toast to it! (potentially spoilers)

Irregular Hunter
Another parody, I will check this out, there is also a parody movie this year with a all girls suber sentai, the trailer showd them taking the train to go fight the monsters.

Anyways, akibarangers definently left its mark, with all the parodys, I am going to see if this one is good.
By the picture, there costumes look like the older super sentais costumes, like the ones from around the 70's 80's.
Is this subbed on youtube or dailymotion?

Last edited:
In Justice, We Trust!
The latest episode just makes me real curious to see what one of these battles actually look like now.

But given how cheap all the special effects and action stuff looked, I kinda doubt we'll ever get that moment from this show.

It's a shame really, I think some of the jokes like Red balancing Gold up would be funnier should they actually have a point of reference instead of leaving it up to our imagination.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Latest episode wasn't quite as funny, but it did feel like they acted more like a team in this one, now that they had a 'common enemy' instead of arguing with each other. The ending was quite funny.

And the way 'Blue' left the karaoke bar :laugh: that was comedy gold!

In Justice, We Trust!
Wow, the twitter episode is easily the show's best and it did a good job of showing just how powerful and nasty social media can be.

I really like the evil commander, he's quite easily the best character of the show.

His reasons for looking out for them are selfish sure but I like how he's become this guardian angel watching over this dysfunctional sentai team.

I got curious and checked Twitter…it looks like the account they created for Blue is in fact real:

https://twitter.com/af5blue

Last edited:
So my curiosity finally got the better of me and I checked out the first episode. Are the other episodes similarly just them sat at a table with Red complaining about their lack of professionalism? 'Cause that got really old fast. It picked up a bit towards the end when they were talking about the workmanship of the monsters and you got some reaction shots from the bad guys, but I don't think that's enough to make me want to watch 20+ minutes of people sniping at each other after work. :disappoin

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
So my curiosity finally got the better of me and I checked out the first episode. Are the other episodes similarly just them sat at a table with Red complaining about their lack of professionalism? 'Cause that got really old fast. It picked up a bit towards the end when they were talking about the workmanship of the monsters and you got some reaction shots from the bad guys, but I don't think that's enough to make me want to watch 20+ minutes of people sniping at each other after work. :disappoin

Well Red's the most professional of the bunch, but really the first episode is where it is at its worse. Afterward he just has those 'Japanese comedic reaction', if you wish, and then moves on. The guys seem to grow closer as friends as it goes on. Pink is still a bit of an outsider though.

Well Red's the most professional of the bunch, but really the first episode is where it is at its worse. Afterward he just has those 'Japanese comedic reaction', if you wish, and then moves on. The guys seem to grow closer as friends as it goes on. Pink is still a bit of an outsider though.
Hmm, well if that's the case then I might give it one more episode to try and convince me, seeing as there's no SHT this week.

Gods and Emperor
Saw this has been subbed so I downloaded first 8 episodes available. Up to Ep 5 so far,
'Tears! Goodbye Yellow'
(oh dear, full on BIOMAN reference) and loving it.

I felt kind of let down by Akibaranger towards the end of S1 and most of S2 with the shift away from parody to just being a funny Sentai/Tribute show for TOEI to give their veterans some screen time, so Kanpai Senshi After V is actually a great change of pace.

Not being an unofficial TOEI production seems to help a ton here given they were able to basically ape the Denjiman - Goggle V era sentais, and have an appropriate Showa era OP theme, another thing Akibaranger failed to do since it had to appease or at least get the interest of the moe loving OTAKUs in Akibahara today.

Yeah, the show is essentially low budget and about workplace bickering. But god damn, it's sentai workplace, and though some jokes may apply to an office setting, the discussions revolve about things we always wondered about Sentai.

It even tackles the limitless supplies trope.

I'll be fine if we get a season 2 of this and not have Akibaranger S3. They can riff on the later Showa/early Heisei Sentai including switch in casting, how sentai teams interact after a 'vs' movie, and maybe keep one of the cast around and have him play two different characters as a kind of tribute to Ohba's many early Toku roles. There can even be an entire arc around that with both sentai teams wondering if he's really just the same person.

Last edited:
I'll be fine if we get a season 2 of this and not have Akibaranger S3.
I'm fairly sure this show only exists because Toei decided not to make an Akiba 3. It's nabbed it's timeslot, and it screams 'low budget coattail rider'. Personally I wish someone at Toei had managed to add two and two together and realise that pushing Space Sheriffs to the little kids watching Sentai isn't working because it only really appeals to the older fans - and oh hey we have that late night slot for mini-series aimed at older toku fans. Probably would've worked out better than this double V-Cinema thing will.

I decided to get caught up on this. It's good in parts, but not great. It won me over in the last two episodes featuring the original yellow. Then they dragged out the "guys are hot for the new girl" stuff for three episodes, when I'd had my fill of it after one. By the time episode 8 came around, I was completely on Pink's side and desperate for them to move onto something (anything!) else. The only running gag that I feel hasn't now been completely done to death is the 'pink smoking in the robot' thing, and I don't see how they can really take that any further without actually building a robot cockpit set.

One of my favourite anime is 'Bartender'. Every episode of that show is pretty much just the titular bartender having one-to-one 25 minute long conversations with a customer (albeit with some flashbacks showing you what they're talking about). I also really loved 'Hōzuki no Reitetsu', which was a slice of life comedy about a guy called Hōzuki and the strange things that happen to him and his colleagues at work (the twist being that his job is chief steward to the king of Japanese hell). I feel like I should love this kind of set-up. But at this point, I can't say I'd be sad if we never got a second season of this.

Last edited:
Gods and Emperor
I assume Akiba ratings were low given its timeslot and target audience and was probably more of a space filler and driven more on merchandising, hence the focus on Moe elemtents that I felt had no place in a 'sentai/toku' parody show.

In a way, the two girls in ToQGer seems like rip-offs of Akiba's S1 girl rangers in looks and personality, but without the otaku elements. Which is a little disconcerting...

I do wonder how well their V-Cinema stuff does. I've read somewhere it has less of a stigma compared to the direct to video industry in the west.