I've noticed in recent series like Goseiger and Shinkenger that their weapons look a lot more plastc and foam-like than a lot of weapons from the 80s and 90s sentai. For example, Tyranno Ranger's Ryuugekiken looks more realistic than GoseiRed's SkickSword. Have you noticed the change in weapons as well?

Banned
I've noticed in recent series like Goseiger and Shinkenger that their weapons look a lot more plastc and foam-like than a lot of weapons from the 80s and 90s sentai. For example, Tyranno Ranger's Ryuugekiken looks more realistic than GoseiRed's SkickSword. Have you noticed the change in weapons as well?

Umm.. what? Have you seen the weapons they used in Changeman and Turboranger?

二番目の翻訳者
I can't testify to the realism of the weapons in older Sentai, but the show changed from an evening (family) timeslot to a morning (kids) timeslot about eight episodes into Megaranger.

A quote from a Toei producer on Japanese Wikipedia* also states that Sentai in general began a shift to a more child-friendly, toyetic-based property after what happened with Ohranger.

So that's one potential turning point from which to examine the issue.

*grain of salt, of course, but the particular quote has a citation and names the producer.

Eye See You
Umm.. what? Have you seen the weapons they used in Changeman and Turboranger?

This.

The only issues I can see are on some scenes here and there when the sword(s) actually BEND... I don't know if it's accidental or some message from Toei to the kids showing them that the weapons are not real, to avoid more dagger incidents.

A quote from a Toei producer on Japanese Wikipedia* also states that Sentai in general began a shift to a more child-friendly, toyetic-based property after what happened with Ohranger.

So that's one potential turning point from which to examine the issue.

*grain of salt, of course, but the particular quote has a citation and names the producer.

We must save this quote for future reference.

Kamen Rider Meta
Really? I don't think the Skick Sword looks that un realistic.

Something like the Go-On Saber, yeah...

And then afterward we have ten years worth of shows that tend to lean toward his point.

I can't testify to the realism of the weapons in older Sentai, but the show changed from an evening (family) timeslot to a morning (kids) timeslot about eight episodes into Megaranger.

I never knew Sentai used to be a prime time show.