A simple passerby...
It's just a question I've been pondering. We've had Den-O that always had a movie once every year and all, or is at least featured in one. We've had Black come back as RX, then we had the Double Returns, and then the Movie Wars.

I've just been wondering if Toei considers continuing a story sometime in the future, like say do an RX on Kiva or Agito or something. I enjoyed those series, and to be honest, rewatching them doesn't really satisfy me you know cause when you think about it and SPOILERS AHEAD, TURN BACK NOW:

[hide] In Agito, a lot of people are becoming Agitos because of the end battle and the spreading of the seeds, a story can be worked from there.

In Ryuki, everything was gone due to reset, but a new story can evolve from that assuming Kanzaki decides to redo it.

In Faiz, Orphenoch King has the chance of coming back someday and there could be new systems and all.

In Blade, Kenzaki can be the new antagonist going mad and all cause of being Joker and craving battle,

In Hibiki, well I'm not sure about this one cause a lot of people didn't like it...

In Kabuto, can always go and visit the Worms home planet.

In Den-O... oh wait, they're already doing it.

In Kiva, the whole ending with the Neo-Fangire and Wataru's son from the future.

In Decade... visit Double, OOO and Fourze's world?

In Double, well technically it feels like it's done you know.

Annd OOO and Fourze's story's not done yet [/hide]

But you get what I mean yeah? It would be nice to have some of these guys come back in a second run of their old show in a new story and all and maybe fill in for some plot holes left in the previous series.

And I mean can it happen? Cause look at Garo, they're still continuing it after how long? And the actors came back for it too.

So what's your thoughts?

Bandai couldn't sell a new gimmick for a sequel show.

But I would like to see a sequel to J or at least a show similar to it. Maybe even a continuation of Shin Kamen Rider (it was intended as a prologue after all).

A simple passerby...

But that's the thing: They can. In fact, they can bring out the old models and start re-selling those AND make new toys as well cause think about it, for a sequel series, there'd have to be new characters, new Riders, new monsters, and there they have it, a new set plus people buying DVDs of the previous series to catch up and know what's happening, it's a big money maker.

But that's the thing: They can. In fact, they can bring out the old models and start re-selling those AND make new toys as well cause think about it, for a sequel series, there'd have to be new characters, new Riders, new monsters, and there they have it, a new set plus people buying DVDs of the previous series to catch up and know what's happening, it's a big money maker.

Sure they can. The question is "would they sell well?"

Den-O keeps having sequel movies and stuff because the Imagin are popular.

A simple passerby...
Sure they can. The question is "would they sell well?"

Den-O keeps having sequel movies and stuff because the Imagin are popular.

They would sell well though, wouldn't they? I mean wasn't a show like Kiva a big hit? Or Decade? I mean Decade had good ratings and all.

Kamen Rider Beserker
Well Hibiki did have 6 novels made after the series ended from what I understand they were made due to the bad response that Hibiki's ending had. the series was called kamen rider hibiki: compass to tomorrow

Huh... Look at RX. They easily could do add a bunch of new gimmicks to a sequel.

Anyway, Toei already has a set formula that works, so they're very unlikely to attempt to change it. Aside from that, alternate producers, something that now seems to be happening with Rider too, make a direct sequel even more unlikely. The best spot for a direct sequel, in order to keep the cast around, would be right after the original show, but, with alternating producers, that can't happen. Rider and Sentai are often used as launch pads for actors, so it's rather common to see them unavailable afterwards, unlike what happens to some other toku shows.

Last edited:
Huh... Look at RX. They easily could do add a bunch of new gimmicks to a sequel.

RX was back in 1988. Toei's shows have become a lot more gimmicky since then. I wonder if they really would go an RX route in this day and age.

And I mean can it happen? Cause look at Garo, they're still continuing it after how long? And the actors came back for it too.
Well, the difference between Garo and Kamen Rider is that Garo is more of a personal project for the creators and actors while Kamen Rider is a merchandise-driven franchise that's as much about selling stuff to kids as it is telling a compelling story (especially in more recent seasons). Toei's more interested in getting the next crop of toys out than they are in expanding the stories.

That said, the only two Heisei era shows I'd want to see continued are 555 and Hibiki. Faiz because of the crappy open ending and Hibiki because I loved it and want more (preferably more of the original version).

I am a little surprised that we never got more Decade, though. It seemed to be set up for a continuation at the end of Movie Wars, but nothing ever came of it. I guess the reception was too negative to keep going.

RX was back in 1988. Toei's shows have become a lot more gimmicky since then. I wonder if they really would go an RX route in this day and age.

They could. Just do it right after the first series , reair some of the prequel series/ film before bringing on the sequel, ya know?