CD Projekt Red Lays Out Plans For The Next 10,000 Years

Staff member
After years of massive hype, Cyberpunk 2077 was pretty much a flop, and the blame for that entirely belongs to CD Projekt red, the company that made it. The tumultuous development history is well-known at this point, with multiple versions of the game being scrapped until one was hastily put together under heavy and abusive crunch conditions. The finished game was a buggy, malfunctioning Hindenburg. That, however, isn’t stopping CDPR from building their next zeppelin!
CDPR announced today a Cyberpunk sequel is in the works, along with four other titles. I know what you’re about to say…shouldn’t they finish the FIRST Cyberpunk before they even think about another one? You’re not the first to make that comment. The four other games are an original IP and a new trilogy of Witcher games.
Given how long it takes CDPR to make just one game, it could take decades to get five done. We could be witnessing the schedule they have for the rest of our lives. It could actually be 2077 by the...

Continue reading...

The Game actually managed to have a comeback, the player base increased because of the Netflix Anime and they had fixed the bugs.

Start a fire
There is a resurgence indeed. It has a tough beginning but the game is fun now.

I recently started playing Cyberpunk 2077 again for the first time since its release. Visually, the game has improved greatly, and gameplay is excellent as well. I've been having a blast with the new Edgerunners update, and CDPR should be commended for the excellent job they did fixing the problems.

Pio

Even now, two years after they first started selling the game for $60, I do not think CDPR deserves any praise or justification from anyone for releasing a flawed and incomplete product to the public for that price. Those who purchased it at the time have been at a loss for an explanation. Only when CDPR makes up for their own mistakes and fully delivers on CP2077 should their hard work be properly rewarded. The developers of No Man's Sky are a great case in point because they botched a lot of things while making the game, but they still managed to get it out the door and are constantly patching and adding new content to make up for the errors. The Edgerunners anime helped promote CP2077, and as a result, more people are interested in and playing the game the way it was (almost) intended to be played at launch two years ago. However, had the show been released at the game's initial release, it would have had the opposite effect. I really hope they come through in spades and keep making improvements so I can buy it and play it the way it was intended to be played.

And all that I can see is just another Lemon tree
The hype surrounding it was a contributing factor on Cyber Punk 2077's early downfall. My friend has been raving about this game since it was announced, and he has yet to play it. You cannot make such a statement. Expectations and hopes were extremely high, but not realistically so. I was a quest away from the ending when Edgerunners released, but the game crashed and the door wouldn't open. I've since replayed the game, and it seems to be working properly; the cast is great, and I like the weapons.

Seriously Unserious
They clearly had a lot of faith in the success of the anime, as the release of the game's massive update, which added so much content at the same time as the anime, was met with widespread praise.

Even though I've only been playing for a few weeks, I'm already utterly hooked on this game, despite the fact that I didn't pay any attention to the buzz that surrounded it. The art direction, story, and universe are all amazing; nevertheless, I can see how some people could be let down by the launch quality or the lack of functionality. It is a miracle when considered as "Deus Ex, but Big," but when compared to Grand Theft Auto, it is a failure owing to poorly implemented mechanisms such as the police, automobile combat, and other similar features; but, when viewed as "Deus Ex, but Big," it is a triumph.