CBS Ghosts vs BBC Ghosts, Which version is better?

Administrator
Staff member
CBS Ghosts got hostile reviews for the first trailer from the UK Fans. The reason is that it’s a remake of a beloved British comedy from BBC. They think the remake was unnecessary because the original is already available for Americans to watch in HBO Max. The BBC Original is also still ongoing with the 4th season coming. The UK fans expected it to bomb because they claim it to be an inferior version of the original.
CBS Ghost became a hit and it is renewed for a second Season!
CBS-Ghosts-vs-BBC-Ghosts-300x212.jpg
CBS Ghosts vs BBC Ghosts
I watched both versions and I cannot declare which version is better because I have a good time watching both. The American version only copied premises of three episodes of the UK Version. The Pilot, the second episode, and the Episode about the Scout Master ghost. After that The US version becomes its...

Continue reading...

Please do not Ban Me
Fan of the British Version since it begun in BBC but I also loved the American version. They became 2 different shows after 3 episodes so they gave me different experiences. Would like to see a crossover between 2 versions.

@Demon Try watching the British version while waiting for the return of the US version which is going to be tomorrow

So he lost his pants differently from Julian. He lost it out of kindness to a Frat Pledge who is going through hazing.

I prefer the British Version because the cast are the ones who produced it because they are actual friends who worked from a different show before. I was mad when they made this poor American copy.

I can't believe the US version is going to a finale and the UK is still Off Season. I am going to have Ghosts Withdrawals.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
I'm American. But I prefer British TV shows and movies. So if you say folks in the UK gave the trailer for the American show negative reviews, I would probably side with them. I have always liked the British programs much better than their American "twin".

Having watched both the British and American versions of this show, I LOVE the American version. I think the characters are more developed, funnier, and more relatable. The majority of the BBC ghosts seem to blend together as old-timey British aristocrats, and there are too many of them to care about their individual personalities. The CBS version has a more diverse group of ghosts, whom are more memorable and unique from one another. I find CBS’s main (alive) characters, Sam and Jay to be heartwarming, hilarious characters. I do not find BBC’s Allison and Mike funny at all. The scenes and production quality of the CBS show are far superior… and its actors are much nicer to look at. While my opinion may be lightly skewed, as I am an American myself, I do love British TV….But in this case, I feel it falls flat compared to the American remake. I find every episode of the CBS series absolutely hilarious, while I am often bored watching its BBC counterpart.