Cardfight!! Vanguard Discussion Thread

Kaji Motomiya

PARTY HARD
I lost all hope for the game since BT09 went Crossride happy.

But COME THE **** ON, BUSHIROAD. Narukami needs the boost, but Gold Paladins?! Fucking really?! Gold Paladins?!

Though it's great to see Galatin again, **** Gold Paladins. They get support since TD05 and BT06 every pack. Getting another deck is just balls.

Then again, Novas and OTTs got their own EBs instead of getting their own decks.

As a guy who collects the TDs to get people in the game, I'm on the fence about getting these two, because the purpose of my "Trial Periods" is to introduce people into the game and into a clan. Having two clans with two decks each...kinda defeats the purpose of the second one.

ArcAce

Ready! Fire!!
BT10.jpg

Wonder what are they trying to pull here? Some sort of Dual clan unit or something?

Kaji Motomiya

PARTY HARD
Oh no...this is even more dreaded Gold Paladin support. I can guarantee it, this is more Gold Paladin support. Isn't it strange that Bushiroad bans Barcgal, which they considered broken for Royal Paladins, but Gold Paladin gets ungodly support?

Kaji Motomiya

PARTY HARD
AAAAAND Dual-Clans are a thing now.

Everyone, meet Blaster Blade Spirit and Blaster Dark Spirit.

[hide]
506ga.jpg

hczax.jpg
[/hide]

Blaster Dark Spirit
CB 1: When this card is called to a Rearguard Circle from deck, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your opponent's g2 or lower front row RGs and retire it.
AUTO: R: when this unit is attacked, retire it at the close step of that battle
CONT: This unit is also treated as a Gold Paladin.

Blaster Blade Spirit
CB 1: When this card is called to a Rearguard Circle from deck, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your opponent's g2 or higher front row RGs and retire it.
AUTO: R: when this unit is attacked, retire it at the close step of that battle
CONT: This unit is also treated as a Gold Paladin.

They are 10k G2s compared to their normal 9k.

--

Also, anyone of you guys are excited for Shadow Paladins?

Not really. I'm more interested in Aqua Force, Dimension Police and Neo Nectar.

I'll probably play some The End as well since I currently lol about with a Dragonic Waterfall deck.

[HIDE]Grade 0 - 17
Conroe
4 Heal
4 Draw
8 Crit

Grade 1 - 13
2 Kimnara
3 Barri
4 Bahr
2 Gojo
2 Aermo

Grade 2 - 11
4 Nehalem
4 Garp
3 Berserk Dragon

Grade 3 - 9
4 Dragonic Waterfall
2 Dragon Monk, Goku
1 Lawkeeper
2 Overlord[/HIDE]
I am planning on getting a fourth Barri at some point.

ArcAce

Ready! Fire!!
Alot of information on what's to come this coming 2013 for Vanguard. And confirmed skills and name for one of the Trial Decks for Narukami. Also, a new Extra Booster set is comfirmed for Bermuda Triangles once more, will be named Diva of the Fine Clothes (or Glittering Divas from the wikia site for Vanguard) and Shadow Paladins will have their own Trial Deck soon with Blaster Dark in it. BT10 will have cards from season 3, reprints of old cards like Blaster Blade, and cards that came from the manga. Dragonic Overlord will be reprinted in BT11. Also, from a different card game that came first before vanguard came to be, will have a Ren Suzugamori Weiss Schwarz promo card with his pose from BT04.

Any other info about such is provided in the link below.

http://vanguardus.tumblr.com/post/37244634126/news-bushiroads-december-5th-press-conference-season

Last edited:

ArcAce

Ready! Fire!!
Tsukuyomi, MLB, and DOTE just got hit hard. This will affect us english players soon, but not right now. Only Japan has this restriction put in to this when 01/01/2013 hits.

"On 10th December 2012, it was announced for the Japanese version of Cardfight!! Vanguard that the following restriction on cards will take place:

**As the situation is different for the Japanese and English versions, there are currently no plans to implement the following restriction for the English version of Cardfight!! Vanguard at all!**

----------

With effect from the 1st of January 2013, for the Japanese version of Cardfight!! Vanguard, the cards highlighted in the following list will be restricted to up to a total of two cards in the deck (including the first vanguard).

<Royal Paladin>
King of Knights, Alfred
Majesty Lord Blaster
Wingal Brave

<Kagero>
Lizard Soldier, Conroe
Dragonic Overlord the End

<Oracle Think Tank>
Silent Tom
Godhawk, Ichibyoshi
Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi

*This includes all cards of the same name with different rarities.

[Example]
OK: King of Knights, Alfred x 2
OK: Majesty Lord Blaster x 1, Wingal Brave x 1
- Total of 2 in a deck, so it’s fine.

Not OK: Majesty Lord Blaster x 2, Wingal Brave x 1
Not OK: Dragonic Overlord the End x 2, Lizard Soldier, Conroe x 1

----------

Once again, we would like to state that there are currently no plans to implement the following restriction for the English version of Cardfight!! Vanguard."

I can understand MLB and DOTE, but why hit the Tsukuyomi deck?

All hit decks is being played in Japan as Gold Paladins are in the English areas. To a level of dominance.

But this is not only a gameplay related move. You can also see it as a business move.

Why would you buy a new product when the old things you already have is doing just fine.

But the only mindboggling thing is why Godhawk joined in for OTT.

I estimate English areas will have the same restrictions around the time BT08 hits. Maybe around the time of EB05 to boost sales.

Rider Kick

Just a passing through Toku Fan....
I'm a nova grappler man myself. I most run the beast deity deck, but now with the shadow pally set out I'm gonna be switching to the Blau series...because you know. Gundams.

Kaji Motomiya

PARTY HARD
Because the fanbase just LOVES to be butthurt and **** on Bushiroad all the time...

[Reason for Adjustment in the Japanese Version]

We have received a lot of feedback during this short period of time regarding the new restrictions in the Japanese edition Cardfight!! Vanguard. Thank you for taking your time to comment, email and call us.

The cards are restricted due to them being overly used, which resulted in an unbalance in the tournament results and environment in Japan. The restriction is implemented as an adjustment to refresh the game environment for the fighters.

As the tournament environment for the English edition Cardfight!! Vanguard is different, we do not intend to implement the same restriction at all.

This is why I'm not a fan of Crossrides. Not because of the gameplay mechanic itself, I've come to accept that (but DOTE's self-standing...that's a bit much. Quad-Drive Check...seriously...). Rather, I feel that these Crossrides breed selfish players that just want everything. And notice that the people who complain the most are the English players. Have you seen Bushiroad's facebook? I bet they must've been frustrated with all the hate mail they got...

Aside from that, if anyone got any early BT04s or getting them this week, let me know if you pull any /Amber Dragon, Eclipse/s or /Heatnail Salamander/s. I need about 3 of each. It would really help if you could lend me a hand; having RRRs the only cards I truly want in a new pack makes it really hard to buy packs...and accumulate cards you really don't need.

ArcAce

Ready! Fire!!
Aside from that, if anyone got any early BT04s or getting them this week, let me know if you pull any /Amber Dragon, Eclipse/s or /Heatnail Salamander/s. I need about 3 of each. It would really help if you could lend me a hand; having RRRs the only cards I truly want in a new pack makes it really hard to buy packs...and accumulate cards you really don't need.

I have pulled a Heatnail Salamander, as well as Amber Dragons, Dawn and Daylight yesterday. Do you have either Battle Sister, Omelet or Emerald Witch, LaLa?

Kaji Motomiya

PARTY HARD
No, I don't. But I am looknig for those Amber Dragons, too. 1 Dawn and 4 Daylight. Also, 2 Dusks.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of good trades unless you're a GP player.

Winter Chevalier

Why yes, I do know everything
Just got back from hanging out in Cinci all weekend, and finally have both my Pacifica build of Bermuda Triangles finished as well as my Sword Magician, Sara build of Pale Moons 100% and 99% complete respectively (just need one more perfect guard for the Pale Moons). And gotta say, now that I've actually got to playtest, I absolutely love Triangles. I did pretty awesome with them this weekend, with a respectable record for 10-2 after all playing is said and done. Got to playtest against a little of everything (a lot of Gold Paladins and Shadow Paladins though @_@) And a respectable record of 9-4 with the Pale Moon build.

English Release Dates:

January 2013 - TD03/04: Golden Mechanical Soldier/Maiden Princess of the Cherry Blossoms
February 2013 - BT05: Awakening of Twin Blades
March 2013 - EB01: Comic Style Volume 1
April 2013 - TD07: Descendants of the Marine Emperor
May 2013 - BT08: Blue Storm Armada
June 2013 - BT09: Clash of the Knights & Dragons
July 2013 - EB06: Dazzling Divas

Really big images!!
[HIDE]
PC223468.JPG

PC223469.JPG
[/HIDE]

Now on Kickstarter