Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Marzgurl makes it to Denziman! Sadly that is not what we are watching with part 3!

Episode 9:

Some geisha woman gets attacked by ninjas when some guy in a thick sunhat named Samurai Savior jumps in to fight. Turns out this is a TV series Black is watching and he gets enthused enough to swing a dust broom around. Red tells him to calm down, but that fails as Black even recites lines. Red is jokingly "slain" while the narrator mentions this episode's yokai is also bonkers for TV. In fact we cut to him finishing the episode in his human form. His landlord comes by to complain over recycling being due. After that we see a reporter at the opening of a ramen restaurant and I guess she is also a food critic since she tests it out and loves it. Some guy with a sun hat comes in that turns out to be the yokai, dressed up as Samurai Savior to act like a total fool. Blue gets kicked in the nuts and Black takes him down while the reporter finds this awesome. The others see this on TV while the fight interrupts an outdoor weather report. The yokai reveals his true form as Dorotabo in front of the camera. The narrator mentions this yokai has a habit to appear in rice fields and notices he is stuck inside a TV because meta-ness. Blue and Black transform and the reporter tries interviewing them to no avail. Dorotabo throws muddy balls which causes a random dad to get hurt on the stairs before soon teleporting away. The Kakurangers visit the injured dad in the hospital as his kids comment they can't take their trip to Hong Kong with his broken leg. The reporter and others storm in because.... I guess seeing injured people makes headlines. Dorotabo throws a fit and tells his landlord to shut it after screaming at him.

On a rooftop Dorotabo throws muddy balls to the streets below, at one point causing a car accident and causing a building to explode. As the Kakurangers show up he becomes more destructive. They soon notice Black is not with them and San tells them he is on a quiz show with injured guy's kids as displayed on the portable TV available in 1994. Wow the clarity on that is impressive. San says the show gets thirty percent ratings. Black is asked a question about ancient Japanese spies and says ninja, causing him to win. A tremot occurs and Dorotabo barges through a wall to fight, gotta love Black's engrish. At a quarry the Kakurangers spot the two in a televised mixed martial arts cage match. During the fight we find out the cage is electrified as the two move from martial arts to sword fighting. Black ends up winning after deflecting shurikens before both move on to good old fashion American boxing. Wow Dorotabo has a slow reaction time. Black becomes the champion and Dorotabo uses the yokai energy to grow. Once the reporters are scared off the Kakurangers transform and bring in the guardian beasts. Black charges in to best him once more withe the reporter catching everything ion film. MS is soon formed and one BS Sword swing takes Dorotabo down for the count. Injured guy's kid comments about how awesome Black is. The episode ends with Black imitating women's wrestling which hurts Red and Yellow. Next episode shows Red tied up, a monster in a baby carriage, and White using a ball similar to the Gorenger Hurricane.

Dorotabo: Powers include a human disguise, explosive muddy ball throwing, teleportation, speed, telekinetic explosions, explosive mouth and eye beams, and shurikens

Episode 10:

At a building called Neverland we see antiques being sold by some guy in a butler outfit. Butler guy has a lot of old dolls he wishes to give souls and make his own family so he has a baby carriage appear and goes out with one. He sees some middle age woman, comments about stealing human souls, and disappears. His doll turns into a real baby that proceeds to strangle her before finding out this is a yokai. The woman's daughter spots this and runs for help, specifically toward the Kakurangers as she apparently knows White. The carriage appears in a street after that and a cop investigates. He notices the baby weighs a lot and we find out the yokai is named Knakijiji who proceeds to strangle him. The narrator mentions that this yokai crushes people with sheer weight upon being picked up by mountain travelers. Nekomaru heads out and they spot the carriage, chasing after it. Konakijiji taunts them before losing them. At the hospital the doctors tell the Kakurangers that they don't know what to do. A nurse comes in saying they have five more patients. At Nekomaru they try to think of how to beat Konakijiji despite not knowing where he is. Red suggests having a fake baby. A carriage is made and Red proposes rock paper scissors to see who plays the baby and they do so, all reluctant. Red loses and is forces in. Gotta love how Fiveman gets schlock for doing this yet when this happens in Kakurangers nobody cares. After the others tease him Red is sent around town which is ultra embarrassing with Blue telling the townsfolk it is a yokai baby. Konakijiji notices Red crying. Soccer players appear to nab Red who happen to be dorodoros. Fighting ensues which has the grunts going down although one teleports off with Red.

At Neverland we see lit candles, dolls, masks, creepy music, and Red tied up with ropes. Fujoshi dream setting? Konakijiji waltzes in being smug and revealing his intention to Red as the dolls start talking about killing him. Konakijiji comments that they are his family which makes him happy. I am half convinced yokai are basically otaku stand ins at this point since most have obsessive hobbies. He proposes a family picture while Red tries to contact the others via doron changer. He goes so as Konakijiji comments about family expansion. Red objects and the dolls want him dead. The Kakurangers appear in Neverland, the dolls saying Red will die soon before we see him tied in the baby carriage he was in with Konakijiji about to send him down toward gunpowder barrels. The carriage goes down some stairs just as the Kakurangers show up, but it is too late.... Not to worry because Kakurangers can teleport although Red and the narrator state he is a master of rope escaping. They transform and Red fights him before the Kakuranger Ball is used which is basically the Gorenger Hurricane. Konakijiji throws a fit and becomes giant sized thanks to yokai energy followed by guardian beast summoning by Red. After a quick beat down, MS is formed and uses the BS Sword to terminate Konakijiji. The souls return to their respective bodies at the hospital just before the Kakurangers pop in. At Neverland the dolls become lifeless although the taken photo still remains. The narrator picks it up saying both humans and yokai need families which makes him cry. Next episode shows people attacked by clothes.

Konakijiji: Powers include a human disguise, soul stealing hands, extendable arms, teleportation, and density sorcery called the Rock Abyss

Episode 11:

At an abandoned warehouse we see clothes being hung and a yokai named Shironeri wakes up or Shiro as I will nickname him. He thinks he is ugly- Oh wow his mirror talks. He wants to be the most stylish man in town even though he only has rags. The mirror says humans don't love rags anymore so he punches her. Never thought you could make domestic abuse funny, but Japan found a way. Cut to him looking at humans and turning their clothes into rags with a palm beam. He even causes kids to cry, what a jerk. The narrator mentions that Shiro.... does in legends as we are seeing here. Speaking of the Kakurangers, White gets fed up trying to do laundry herself and Yellow tries helping while daydreaming about some school teacher he likes. Everyone else is asleep and he places the clothes in a pair of hampers. Meanwhile, a garage sale is going on- Oh he isn't going to sell their clothes. The school teacher he likes sees him and mentions needy children that need new clothes and- YUP! He's trying to get rid of their clothes to get a girlfriend. The men wake up and scold White until they realize Yellow is gone. Shiro goes around the garage sale demanding rags, Yellow giving him a hard time. He offers a hundred yen for the whole selection when the others find him and proceed to beat sense into him. Shiro then has the clothes fly around and strangle the townspeople. In the chaos he starts stealing them and the school teacher says she will call the cops. Shiro ditches the disguise and attacks her. Yellow hears her cry for help and runs toward her.

Yellow gets punched as the battle starts. Once knocked down he chases Shiro who nabs the teacher. White comes with the Nekomaru to help Yellow out and Black jumps on it followed by lassoing Shiro. He only gets his rags and falls off Nekomaru's roof. Shiro then throws a bunch of rags to get Nekomaru to stop, Yellow pursues on foot. He fins Shiro's home and gets entrapped by a mattress. Both Yellow and the teacher get thrown, the latter with a gratuitous panty shot, as Shiro whines over people taking care of their stuff and not being ugly. He then proceeds to kick Yellow unaware the others are outside. Suddenly they are attacked by ropes made of rags and dorodoros who throw shurikens at them. This works until they disappear, leaving only their clothes. They emerge underground because.... Well the mooks are quickly taken out either way. Shiro says he wants to shut down all the flea markets in Japan and Yellow escapes by having the mattress restraints disconnecting followed by transforming. The fight quickly goes outside where intros are done although Yellow is first this time. Rags are summoned which cause explosions, but the Kakurangers counter with teleportation and flips before using their swords and the Kakuranger Ball. Shiro says screw it and the yokai energy makes him big with Yellow bringing in his guardian beast- Oh come on, the mech teleports too? Yellow has a ring of fire stun Shiro before MS is formed to finish him off with the BS Sword. The episode ends with Kakurangers bringing in new clothes just for the sale to help needy children and Yellow and the teacher becoming good friends thanks to White although she says she will be doing volunteering overseas for a while which bums him out. Also the narrator tells the people at home to take care of their stuff. Next episode shows yokai from earlier coming back to life and more mechs.

Shironeri: Powers include an extendable right arms a human disguise, palm beams that turn clothes to rags, and cloth manipulation

Episode 12:

Four boys walk along when they spon dorodoros in clown outfits that stuff them into a boulder. After they sing we see lightning around an old shack where the children scream in the boulder. A mad scientist enjoys this as he works with delicious chemicals now available at Wal-Mart. A yokai named Tengu walks down some stairs and the scientist is named Dr. Yugami who is making something "nice". Tengu says he is the best yokai yet only appears as number 3 in the "Weekly Yokai Top 10" magazine.... I get fanzines exist, but what the hell? He rips the magazine and states he will beat the Kakurangers via sorcery to be number 1. Some magic screen even shows Nekomaru coming as the narrator states his nose grows when bragging and mentions his nose grows when ogling women.... Sentai actually had an erection joke, you know, for kids! The next day the Kakurangers take Nekomaru around the countryside before stretching and taking in the mountain air. Some boy appears and cries about how his town is acting weird to the point of being silent. Once in town they noticed the place looks empty save for one guy on a bike. A construction worker suddenly appears and ignores them. The boy finds his parents walking with blank expressions and he even yells at them to no avail. Suddenly the town attacks them with random objects like brooms. Because they are civilians the Kakurangers get their rears handed to them and spread out upon fleeing. The boy gets caught by the boulder used by the three clown dorodoros. The Kakurangers see the boulder and hear the boy so they follow it to a quarry. Dr. Yugami and Tengu show up to greet them, the latter stating he will slay them while the former reveals his invention. He pours a chemical liquid on the boulder to form replica yokai armed with mechanical limbs. Red calls them out on losing to revived kaijin is silly before they transform and strike a pose.

Dorodoros assist the replica yokai who beat the tar out of them. Also dorodoros use bow staffs as well as swords. These guys really like their weapons. Yellow is the only one that holds his own and even then he flunks. Tengu has the replicas grow big and the Kakurangers bring out the guardian beasts. Here they seem evenly matched- wait when did Tengu grow? The guardian beasts also whip out their melee weapons, but Tengu mentions that the replica yokai have children inside of them as hostages- Wait, that boy was named Masao? They start shooting as Tengu proclaims he is the best yokai there is as they fall over. The Kakurangers leave their guardian beasts and Tengu eye laser spams them, but Red says they refuse to break as they fight for justice. The take out the medals of their doron changers and throw them.... WHICH FORM FIVE NEW MECHS! These are called the Guardian Beast Fighters and they're leaner and what the hell I don't even. The fighters go after the replica yokai and easily out maneuver them. During this the guardian beasts form MS to help out. Tengu charges only to get a BS Sword to blow him to pieces, specifically by slicing his nose off. The replicas then disappear because why not? The boys are safe and thank the Kakurangers. The narrator says this isn't over as Yugami backs his lab stuff and heads off in an old car, vowing to beat the Kakurangers. Next episode shows a walking slot machine and Nekomaru shaking.

Tengu: Only known power is eye lasers
=================================================
Not counting episode 12 here. I just.... Oi. The jokes are too many and very few of them are worth a darn. The teleportation spam is monotonous for the rangers which screams lazy writing- Actually the ninpo in general gives that aura. The lack of a central leader for the yokai makes things less coherent. The plots often appear to be fetish fanfiction. The comicbook effects unique, but senseless. San is without a doubt the laziest mentor ever. To top it all off everyone acts really flippin DUMB. This series is quite cringe inducing and I don't want to continue! Now for the positives: The ranger balance is fine aside from Blue who gets a tad too little, the fights are fine when not ninpo spamming, I like the announcer giving backstory to the various yokai (even though they do exactly what we see), and to be honest I really like the ending theme. What I will say is GET ME OFF THIS RIDE! AAAAAAAAHHHHH! We're not even a quarter in, but supposedly the second half is much better and super serial.

dollplaying.png

Guys, I feel dead inside. Really, really sad. On Tuesday some admin-approved cyber bullying from Toho Kingdom got extreme and tipped me over into the abyss we call sorrow. Added with some bad things that happened in real life recently and you get my current state. I don't feel like continuing and I don't think I'm getting out of this despair for a long while. Pulverized mentally as it were. I don't think anyone save for Painted Outlaw noticed, but I deleted my Twitter and Skype accounts because of this. Tortured. Emaciated. Maimed. All mentally, but it still hurts. Stopping here would not be fair to those that have been tuning in for these reviews so I'll try to finish this series for you guys. There is a chance this will end with Kakuranger or Ohranger depending if I recover, emotionally. So much I could mention like everyone hating Total War's chaos DLC for their Warhammer adaption, GUIS finally returning, Imagination Station subbing GoGo-V, Vin Diseal's new movie about Witch Hunting doing so so, the new Goosebumps movie, the Back to the Future phenomenon nostalgia trip, or even Hurricane Patrica, but not after what they did to me....

4cd883fccbb4a562164a08b266b08f39.jpg

Here is part 4.

Episode 13:

Some robot yells the word "coin" in the streets at night before throwing some that stick to walls. Red appears and scolds him for jogging. Barely a quarter through and we almost have enough stupid moments to give Liveman competition. The robot says he is spreading misfortune coins to houses and Red tries fighting him. This works out well for him until Dr. Yugami fires a bazooka at him to stun him. This confirms sentai rangers can withstand high impact shells. Looks like a LAW. The robot is revealed to be Kanedama who the narrator says he was a nice yokai tht got mean over time for some reason. The next day Red wakes up in a tree outside a dessert shop. The couple that runs it cracks fat jokes until the coin outside their shop activates and the man passes out in front of his wife and son. Red comes in asking if they saw a coin when a yokai exorcist named Fukuo Daikichi- It is Kanedama, isn't it? He wants to remove the yokai curse and the wife scolds him for profiting off misfortune. A bunch of people storm in to ask the "exorcist" for help. There is a parallel here with American insurance companies somewhere. He causes the coins to vanish as the Kakurangers watch him. Also apparently a hundred thousand yen is chump change for an exorcist. Kanedama returns to the bakery and the son tries convincing his mom to help save his dad, but she is iffy until giving in. The Kakuranger throw him out and try to find the coin themselves.

Black searches the attic while Red and Blue check the basement. Yellow helps bake for the store owners as White looks around living rooms. Just as Red finds it Kanedama uses a magnet to shake up the house. He returns in human form to offer exorcism and the wife does not sway thanks to words from her son- His name is Hiroshi? This franchise has too many Hiroshis. The Kakurangers throw him out again and he gets enraged. Hiroshi and his mom sell their food out of Nekomaru which gets a ton of costumers and Yellow being a glutton. A coin attaches to Nekomaru and it starts shaking. They spot him nearby and transform with Red kicking him followed by them using their brass knuckle-like gauntlets. The back of his head has a red swell coming out of it while Nekomaru keeps shaking. When calculations are being done for expenses, Kanedama appears in human form and Red exposes the red swell on the back of his head. How robots bruise up is a mystery to me. He ditches the disguise in front of them and says he'll give his ultimate misfortune. He teleports off while the husband moves around violently while still passed out. Red concludes Hiroshi is in trouble as we see him about to be hit by a truck, but gets saved. Kanedama is hunted down by the Kakurangers at a.... Home Depot yard with cinder blocks? They transform and give intros before fighting. Kanedama uses his magnet to steal their guns, but that does little and Red punches him in the face followed by a slash attack. Kanedama has the yokai energy grow him followed by fighter summoning. The assaulting is crazy and after Red does a flaming ram attack Kanedama blows up. The misfortune coins disappear and the husband wakes up with his wife and son being happy. Next episode shows the premier of Gasha and the fighters in chains.

Kanedama: Powers include misfortune coin spreading, a magnet, a human disguise, and teleportation

Episode 14:

Nekomaru drives along until Yellow is forced to stop because swerving. Notable he looks sick and demands to be taken to a hospital. They take him to a crazy looking doctor and gets examined. Nurses come in with large tools which scare him and the Kakurangers drive off. The doctor follows them via running so fast he outruns Nekomaru. Red thinks he is a yokai (NAW) and he is right. He is revealed to be Keukegan and sheds hair balls that people swallow and get sick over.The narrator says Keukegen is a disease god and sick people makes him happy. The Kakurangers fight him on a rooftop upon transforming complete with teleporting. Yellow gets beaten up because of his stomach which allows Keukegen to fight the others off guard. Red throws some trap before using an energy charged slash attack which knocks the yokai into the streets. Keukegen grows via yokai energy and smacks a building. The fighters are brought out to deal with him when a skull hologram appears in the sky and zaps them with red bolts from the eyes. Keukegen is teleported to a mansion with yokai and dorodoros having a party with an electric guitar player playing in the background. Keukegen is frightened as the player demands he start dancing and knocks him down, calling him pathetic and a disgrace. The guitar player takes him to Dr. Yugami where the guitar player is named Prince Junior. Junior throws Keukegen toward the doc for experimentations and rock music is playing which excites even Dr. Yugami. Was metal huge in Japan at the time? Once he leaves we find out Prince Junior is huge in the yokai community as Dr. Yugami reviews fights the Kakurangers had recently on a TV.

Keukegen appears kaiju sized again and the Kakurangers notice although Yellow has to stay in bed. Keukegen uses disease hair balls to start a plague and the Kakurangers transform followed by dorodoros attacking them upon teleporting to the area. The fighters are sent out, but Keukegen uses a new gun in his left arm to fight back. The guardian beasts are summoned next to help out with Keukegen saying he is invincible. D. Yugami presses a switch at his lab which chains up the guardian beasts and fighters while Keukegen summons fire. Yellow shows up despite his pain while the mechs are being shocked by the chains. Yellow brings in his fighter to distract Keukegen followed by his guardian beast. He tells the others to desummon the guardian beasts and fuse with their fighters, which they do for some reason, and that gives them strength to bust the chains. The fighters get melee heavy before using that flaming ram again which is called the Fighter Crash, destroying him Keukegen. The narrator asks if it is too early to celebrate before cutting to Junior playing on a piano and Dr. Yugami being taken by dorodoros for failing him. Junior then turns into his true form, Gasha, and curses the Kakurangers before laughing like crazy. The narrator says he doesn't know this yokai which means this is super serial and that the audience should wait for the next episode. Next episode shows fighting in the woods and the premier of the Hanarangers.

Keukegen: Powers include a human disguise, speed, high jumping, disease hair balls, scalpel, scissors, a left arm 5-barreled gun with a sword, and fire summoning

Episode 15:

Note: I'm just calling him Gasha from now on, switching back and forth with that and Junior will get tedious fast

Gasha and a guy with a torch go to a yokai jail to release a brute onto the Kakurangers. The guard takes Gasha to the cell of some yokai said to slay a hundred members of their species after getting drunk one night. Gasha offers the two of them the chance to beat the Kakurangers before doing a guitar solo in a lightning storm. With one whistle he summons five female ninjas called the Hanarangers and tells them they must assist the Shuten Doji brothers fight the Kakurangers in the Wandering Forest. After they transform via glitter Gasha says their hours are numbered as the Shuten Doji brothers will erase them from the world. Contrary to the awesome Go Nagai anime, which you should all watch, the narrator mentions that Shuten Doji love getting drunk on sake and human livers. Cut to Nekomaru going through the mountains, the Hanarangers spotting the van and use telekinesis to change a sign. Nekomaru stops and the Kakurangers wonder if they are lost. The Hanarangers spray some dust from their hands that causes Nekomaru to drive off. White identifies is as Cat Powder before the Hanarangers use fog to separate them. They try contacting via doron changers and since the forest is so big they cannot find each other. Spears appear to attack White, Blue, and Yellow, followed by a landmine going off. Yellow goes down a hill and gets lost before getting wrapped by two long cloths. White tries rescuing him only to be trapped by a net. Yellow disappears after revealing to be a trick by a Hanaranger. Blue is cautious and gets attacked by a Shuten Doji. He transforms and the other one appears, beating him up very badly with their swords. White notices her doron changer is on the ground and cannot transform while Red and Black overhear everything.

Blue fires his kakulaser and unleashes some water which stuns the Shuten Doji brothers. The Hanarangers hold White hostage and demand Blue throw his weapons which he does. The Shuten Doji brothers attack Blue relentlessly and Red and Black try hustling. They spot the clothes of the others pinned to a tree and spot White's doron changer. Red realizes they are being split up so he thinks they should retreat for the time being. In a cabin the yokai get drunk while their hostages are tied up and cleave gagged. The Hanarangers say there are still two more Kakurangers to deal with even though they don't feel like it. Red and Black get attacked by shurikens and attack the Hanarangers in a ninja fight. I just realized their main costumes look like Colon from Liveman. The two naturally lose badly and soon get separated via fog. Black gets attacked by the Shuten Doji brothers and barely holds his own. Also they control rocks because.... Red tries to help him, but the Hanarangers surround him and go ninjato slicing. Black goes down and yells at Red to run. He does so and says sorry. The Hanarangers corner Red on a bridge and close in saying they will end him. They use what I assume are explosive flower pedals to send him off the bridge and the narrator wonders if he will survive. Next episode shows Red fighting and making duplicates of himself.

Episode 16:

After a recap of last episode we see the Hanarangers take their helmets off and rush down to the river where a straw dummy of Red is. He left a blood trail and they follow it as he runs through the forest. He hears them coming and realizes he is leaving a trail so he uses part of his scarf to cover the wound. He manages to avoid them before following the to their hideout which is an abandoned building surrounded by dorodoros. Red listens in on the villains talking about his escape while he sees his friends tied up and gagged, Black joining them this shot (I knew someone might ask so I bothered to state it). He sneaks into Nekomaru nearby for a medical kit before infiltrating the ventilation system. The Hanarangers keep looking around the forest as Red comes up with a plan. Gasha smacks both Shuten Doji with his guitar. Dr. Yugami says he made a new weapon to deal with them and the others will be killed soon. Red uses a drilling screw and some acid to open a hole, allowing him to drop a long and thin saw White notices. She uses it to try to cut herself loose.

The Hanarangers return and hear strange laughter and taunting from Red. The Shuten Doji and dorodoros show up to help search and they soon find the Kakuranger who transform and proceed to fight them after giving intros. The Hanarangers transform in turn. Once the grunts go down Red faces the Shuten Doji brothers which goes over badly for him. However, Red makes duplicates of himself that flip around before striking them. Once the duplicates are gone the two become big from yokai energy and the Kakurangers respond with the fighters which they merge with. Dr. Yugami gives the brothers saws and drills as his new weapon to fight them and they work quite well. The fighters go down pretty quickly save for Red who holds his own. Before long the elder brother accidentally hurts the younger one and the Kakurangers jump out to summon the guardian beasts to become MS. Both of them charge in only to get a BS Sword to the face which terminates them. After that we see the Kakurangers leave the mountain in Nekomaru and White brings up how teamwork and training are important which frustrates them. Gasha plays the piano again while getting irked he lost and the Hanarangers say they will win next time. Gasha mentions there are many strong yokai and that his minions deserve a rest so he turns them into cats (how odd). The narrator ends the episode asking if the Kakurangers can beat their future trials. Next episode shows a woman in red slicing a car and Blue's clothes.

Shuten Doji: Powers include a sword, speed, high jumping, mouth flames, teleportation, and projectile reversing

Sorrow is still being parasitic. Have a happy Halloween with part 5.

Episode 17:

Some guy drives while listening to cheesy 90s pop music. The Kakurangers serve people from the Nekomaru when pop guy shows up. Yellow recognizes him as Blue who has an accent like Goofy. Blue says he bought the new car with his savings before driving off. He soon encounters a woman in red and stops for her before she takes out a ninjato to slice his car. A boy takes photos nearby of the slicing. Blue's clothes are next which embarrasses him. She laughs and flees upon seeing the Nekomaru. The others ask what happened and Blue panics. Later, we see the boy from earlier giving a copy of Blue's embarrassment photo to the Kakurangers for a cheap ten thousand yen. He threatens to show every girl in town and runs off, Blue taking after him. Before long Blue encounters red woman again who turns into Amikiri who claims she can have revenge for her sliced off right arm centuries ago by the first Blue (the current one's ancestor). The narrator notes that Amikiri liked to slice hanged laundry before Blue transforms and loses easily. The others show up and retreat after being overwhelmed. Red thinks that if they use photo boy they can find a weakness in her sword technique. They find him, and his name is Tooru, and he agrees for a hundred thousand yen because he needs a camera. Tooru reveals that he wishes to be a photographer and runs. Gasha's head shows up and using red eye bolts teleports Tooru away. Cut to Amikiri at what I assume is an all-girls dance club when Gasha brings in Tooru. The others sare revealed to be dorodoros that disappear while Gasha tells Amikiri that his photos exposed her weak points in sword play. She laughs since the photos were horrible off angled and she cuts a blue rose. Blue somehow challenges Amikiri to a duel in a warehouse where he finds Tooru tied and cleave gagged. She throws a bunch of photos his way and the two begin sword fighting. During the fight Blue unties Tooru, but he becomes too afraid to photograph. Blue tells him to believe in himself as they run away.

Once outside the duel continues and Blue loses badly before transforming. This gives Tooru inspiration to start photographing. Tooru runs off and develops the pictures in Nekomaru while Blue still fights. Before long the find an anomaly and help out Blue before giving him a picture. They others transform and give intros with dorodoros being slaughtered in the fight. As the sun sets and the area is tinted red, Blue and Amikiri have one last duel, charging at one another fiercely. He lands a hit on Amikiri's right forearm which weakens her and forces her to grow big via yokai energy. The guardian beasts form MS who destroys her with the BS Sword. The next day business is booming and Tooru offers all his copies of Blue's embarrassment for fifteen thousand yen. The episode ends with the narrator asking if they remembered Blue's underpants colors. Next episode shows a boy with a mushroom Gasha is interested in and Black being angsty.

Amikiri: Powers include a human disguise, three launchable blades on the right arm called the Demon Sword, high jumping, and psychic explosions

Episode 18:

A boy rides his bike and uses it to jump and catch a baseball. Some other kids saw that and are impressed. He asks to play Baseball and bats, hitting the ball so hard it hits Nekomaru while dirivng and runs through the bases with the fast forward button on. After that he brings out a mushroom and blows on it, spraying goden spores that cause five random kids to float. The Kakurangers think he is a yokai and he bikes off. Mushroom boy is found by Gasha and dorodoros with the Kakurangers entering the fray and transforming. Gasha asks why they are helping that yokai whose real name is Zashiki-Warashi or ZW as I will nickname him to save time. The narrator says he has a habit of hiding in houses and pulling pranks. ZW says he wants to make good memories with people and Gasha says he is wicked like other yokai before teleporting off. Cut to Gasha playing the piano in happy frustration. After that Blackk keeps an eye on ZW as he plays with kids. Also sappy kids music plays in the background. Gasha's floating head causes a fissure and eruptions followed by the Kakurangers transforming to fight off dorodoros. Black takes ZW off just to encounter Gasha. Black fights Gasha, holding his own surprisingly well. Soon the tide favors Gasha as he zaps Black and he turns back into his civilian form. Gasha then wields a small chainsaw, Black wondering if he will die here. ZW begs Gasha to stop while he is hidden in the trees. Black tells him not to surrender or he'll make ZW a bad guy. The chainsaw is revealed to be his guitar and decides to spare Black before vanishing.

ZW looks at a stream, seeing his reflection and thanking Black for the fun they had. He reveals his true form which is basically a gray. For those unaware of American UFO cases grays are basically stereotypical Area 51 aliens. After that ZW is on a table with Gasha performing a ceremony, placing a bone or something in his body that morphs ZW. The next day ZW appears as a giant and wrecks a city. Gasha uses his floating head to tell the akurangers that ZW is wicked now. Black tries talking to him, but that fails. The kids from earlier beg Black and the others to save ZW and he agrees to it. The Kakurangers transform and release their fighters before fusing with them. ZW puts up a decent fight and destroys some buildings, the rubble hurting the kids nearby. ZW realizes what he does briefly as the spell takes over his mind. Blacck tries to convince him to stop while White helps the kids who call out to him. Insert fun time memories here. ZW shrinks and fluctuates before turning back to normal. Gasha is perplexed and ZW grows again to fight him. With one zap ZW blows up and Gasha laughs. On screen child death in sentai, folks- Wait, Black talks to him in his final moments. ZW says things turned out nice as the kids start crying around him and with his final breath thanks them for the fun they had. His body turns into gold spores that form a mushroom. Yellow gives the kids confidence that ZW has reincarnated as a mushroom. Next episode shows Gasha and Red fighting.

Zashiki-Warashi: Powers include a human disguise, speed, a mushroom with floating spores, burrowing, eye lasers, left hand cannon, and high jumping

Episode 19:

After a recap of last episode we see a car with a young couple driving in a tunnel. Someone runs across the road and they stop. A figure with glowing eyes attacks their car. A small boy hears this outside the tunnel and decides to investigate. The monster shreds the car to pieces and the boy runs as the couple is being sprayed with webs that make it hard to breathe. The Kakuranngers show up and the boy tells them something is happening in the tunnel. A truck drives out carrying the remains of the car being shredded. In the tunnel the Kakurangers find car parts, glasses, shoes, and gunk. The boy knows the guy with the truck is the town mechanic and leads them to his shop. Everything appears normal, but Yellow thinks it is worth checking out anyway. Said mechanic calls Gasha to report that the boy saw him so Gasha plans on making a trap. That night we see Red, Yellow, and Black sneaking around the mechanic shop. He reveals himself and sprays Yellow with webs before turning into Tsuchigumo. The narrator says he's like other spiders what with webbing up travelers and munching on them in the mountains. Red and Black get beaten and Tsuchigumo runs off through a wall. Meanwhile, Blue tells White that five people have been missing in the area. After that the Kakurangers hear the boy from earlier screaming and upon entering the house his parents are horrified by the spider webbing. Tsuchigumo gets away in his truck with the boy, Satoru, and Yellow in the back. Nekomaru gives chase, but the webs blind it. Tsuchigumo taunts them as he flees. The next day the Kakurangers find the truck near a warehouse where they spot Gasha and a dorodoro going in. Black throws a fit and Blue tells him to calm down.

White, Blue, and Black sneak in as Tsuchigumo tells Gasha turning humans into sausages is a grand idea. Gasha pulls a lever that sends the three down a trapdoor. Gasha taunts them and wonders where Red is before saying they will become sausages. The trio look around the basement area unaware Tsuchigumo is following them. He soon attacks with his claws and speeds around them. Outside, Gasha walks around before spotting Red who says this will end today. Both transform and fight via swordplay. The others find the webbed up missing people including Yellow and Satoru. Blue and Black get webbed up during their fight while Red gets manhandled by Gasha. White gets beaten up badly with Yellow screaming for her and standing up, using his ninpo to transform and remove the webs via explosion. One triangular slice stuns Tsuchigumo long enough for the others to be free. Tsuchigumo grows from the yokai energy and the fighters are brought out and fused with. The guardian beasts are sent out during the fight to become MS who uses the BS Sword to blow up Tsuchigumo. He just wanted human sausage. The spider webs dissipate and the victims are freed without their heads cracking upon falling down like that. Gasha laughs at the Kakurangers from a hot air balloon because why not? It is surprisingly campy. The episode ends with the narrator asking if spiders are insects. Next episode shows the Hanarangers returning and Red defending a boy.

Tsuchigumo: Powers include spider and human disguises, mouth webs, speed, wrist claws, and eye lasers

Episode 20:

A boy named Shinichi heads off while his mom is working in her bakery. He nearly runs over Red and doesn't apologize. Suddenly Shinichi is chased by a car and his bike is hit. The car tries to run him over repeatedly. When it stops they find out nobody is in it, allowing for a vine to attack and chase them. Red calls for help, but nothing is getting through which the others notice. Red is contacted by the Hanarangers via ninpo while Dr. Yugami rides a bike with a radar on his head. He comments that his new invention disrupts radar transmission and snickers. The Hanarangers reveal the boy was just bait to lure Red out and that one false move will end Shinichi's life. The boy runs off, rightfully scared while Gasha contacts Dr. Yugami on a walkie talkie to continue the job. Also maniacal laughter. The others can't contact Red on their doron changers and Shinichi runs to his mom's bakery only to find Hanarangers posing as his mom and sister. Red shows up to save him with a chase scene ensuing.... On bicycles. After the others find Shinichi's mom and sister tied up and cleave gagged we see Red and the boy hide in an abandoned warehouse. Shinichi hates Red for dragging him into this and he apologizes rather than smack him. Red also notes he can't summon his mechs. Shurikens fly and the Hanarangers attack as Red loses his doron changer. More running occurs, but that ends with them being cornered and send off the roof. Red gets stabbed in the left leg with a piece of wood and Shinichi refuses to abandon him.

At a quarry, Shinichi and Red are attacked once more by the Hanarangers who give their intros. They charge in while transforming and Red faces them alone. During this the others find Red's doron changer and get ambushed by dorodoros. The Hanarangers send Red off a cliff, hurting him further. The Hanarangers have the Kunoichi Missile launch at Red (the hell) and ride it while trying to gun him down. Shinichi tries helping Red as a bazooka fires at them. The others show up and MS awakens to give Red the BS Sword in human size. With one swing the missile explodes and the Hanarangers curse Red. The others show up with White giving Red his doron changer just as the dorodoros appear to get the smack down. Using the finishing sword on foot soldiers seems a bit overkill. Red uses the BS Sword on the Hanarangers which weakens the hell out of them and they teleport away. Shinichi lets them know he is okay and the narrator ends the episode ends with asking why the Hanarangers are called kunoichis. Next episode shows the Kakurangers doing tricks for a crowd and the dorodoros playing soccer.

No amount of sunshine and chocolate will subside this depression. Part 6 is here.

Episode 21:

Soccer kids watch some girl named Hanako being taught ninjitsu and she doesn't want to. The kids mock her when Blue shows up and squirts water at them to scare the players off. Hanako's dad and Blue talk about how rough their life has been lately while Hanako takes care of her sick mom because healthcare is not a thing in Japan. Can't Republicans just move there is they hate Obamacare that much? Anyway, Blue is offered to teach Hanako ninjitsu for respect or something- his name is Daigoro? The Kakurangers help advertise Daigoro's dojo and hilarity ensues, even the soccer kids from earlier find it silly including Black using English and the Kakurangers dancing to the ending theme. Oi. Gasha notices some kids being interested as the Kakurangers put on a live demonstration of their weapons and Red uses Battle Fever Robo's finishing move (or it looks very similar). The soccer kids argue their sport is more popular and Blue decides to- They took the kids' ball and smashed a statue with it. This makes them want to join and Hanako tells her mom about it. Later, the Kakurangers compliment themselves when they spot dorodoros acting like monkeys on a tree lead by Sarugami. Before long fighting ensues and the grunts use the sword techniques demonstrated to the kids. They bring out the Kakuranger Ball, but it gets taken from them. The narrator says that Sarugami is a monkey king that kidnaps women to prance around in their clothing. At the dojo, Gasha holds everyone hostage and taunts them before finding out Hanako's family and the soccer kids were Sarugami and dorodoros in disguise. Blue sees this via sneaking into their roof.

Blue is upset he taught the enemies their techniques, but the others say they will simply make their own tricks. They come in saying they were injured badly by a yokai, Gasha giving a sinister smirk. They think of making a version of the Kakuranger Storm that is ten times as powerful and Daigoro aka Sarugami agrees. At a quarry, a notably wet one with healthy looking grass, the Kakurangers give specific ideas to how to execute the moves and even use a "Kaku Dance". They try it out and it seems t work followed by Sarugami and his squad ditching their disguises. The Kakurangers transform and use the Kakuranger Ball only for it to be taken again. However, Blue kicks it back at them and Red reveals that the idea of it being new and more powerful was a trick. Sarugami throws a fit and has the yokai energy make him big. The fighters are sent out and merged with. Sarugami gets assaulted and Blue does an energy encased ram which ends him. The episode ends with a bunch of random kids wanting the Kakurangers to teach them ninjitsu and the narrator asks if they know his favorite school class. Next episode shows a windmill, Yellow talking to a girl, and people choking on car exhaust.

Sarugami: Powers include high jumping, a katana, a human disguise, and shurikens

Episode 22:

Yellow rides a bike selling crepes while a windmill is in the background. He finds a girl on a golf cart- Oh this is a golf course! He gets hit by accident and lands in a pond while the girl is passed out. Later she talks to Blue saying she is making a solar powered car and three boys are helping her out. The narrator laughs at Yellow while laughing gas fills his area. Not just his, but random people around Tokyo get sprayed with laughing gas from a soda can until White places it in a plastic bag which is thrown on a traintrack before turning into Enra-Enra. Fighting breaks out and Enra-Enra becomes transparent, making attacks useless. He teleports to the narrator box to give his history as his kind was born from hearth smoke and car exhaust. Somehow. Been a while since we had an anti-pollution message. Anyway, Yellow installs solar panels on Nekomaru which seems to work while the others show up and scold him for not helping them fight Enra-Enra. Nekomaru drives off by itself with solar panel girl, Maiko, and her three boys driving off. Enra-Enra gets hit because he is a doofus and throws a fit at the lack of exhaust Nekomaru is emitting. The sentient car stops and the inventors think it is a perfect success with Enra-Enra overhearing. Yellow shows up, tired, while Enra-Enra attacks the panels. Yellow retaliates, but that does little as Enra-Enra is POed over solar cars. The fighting continues, Enra-Enra emits numbing gas to stiffen Yellow up before the others show up and transform. Enra-Enra emits some arms flames which hurt Yellow.

Yellow feels guilt for ruining the solar car project, but says he will make up for it. Maiko says it is pointless because Enra-Enra will attack again. Speaking of whom, he releases laughing and crying gas on civilians until the Kakurangers find him. Yellow tries to join them after sappy talking with Maiko. The boys wonder if he'll be fine when Maiko realizes Enra-Enra is smoke based. During this the Kakurangers get beaten up with Yellow showing up to transform and not land a hit. Maiko and her boys show up with a vacuum to suck him up despite not being plugged into anything. Yellow takes it and proceeds to suck him up. However, the yokai energy frees him and makes him giant sized. THe Kakurangers have the guardian beasts summoned and form MS and use the BS Sword to- Oh it didn't work! Somehow the gases work on MS and the Kakurangers are teleported out of him. Enra-Enra continues his attack and Maiko gives the the vacuum again with multiple hoses- Oh wait it is making him freeze now. The fighters are brought out to use.... A giant Kakuranger Ball. Well it works. After that we see Yellow and Maiko testing the solar car with the former pulling a move and the episode ends with the narrator ends with saying you should follow your dreams. Next episode shows the premier of Daimo and Tsubasamaru.

Enra-Enra: Powers include a can form, emitting laughing, numbing, and crying gas, turning into gas, flames from the left hand, and teleportation

Episode 23:

Gasha plays the piano when he hears a voice calling to him. This is coming from a yokai demanding to know how long until he is coming back to the surface. After Gasha gets shocked with red lightning we cut to the Kakurangers celebrating White's birthday with a cake and the men singing happy birthday, even Nekomaru is happy. She starts crying as she didn't expect them to be so close together as a family. She then gives them wrist bands because friendship tokens. Two kids give White some flowers, I assume these are the same ones from the movie although I am likely wrong. Suddenly, a ghostly figure from the ocean pops out and is revealed to be Umi-Bouzu or UB as I will nickname him for this synopsis. UB takes one of the kids and flies off to a rooftop where he is petrified just as the Kakurangers show up. UB does the same to three other random kids. The sky goes black and red lightning is emitted to form a skull-like statue on a skyscraper nearby. Gasha is in the skull stone with dorodoros playing rock music. He comments about having the infernal king making his grand return. Admittedly the music is neat. Even the narrater is in the crow looking interested. UB returns to fight the Kakurangers and the narrator says he is a powerful ocean yokai. UB states he will not let the Kakurangers interrupt the ritual of resurrecting Daimo.... Who is translated to "Infernal King" by GUIS for some reason. Some bickering goes on and Gasha uses his music to turn other kids to stone- First King now Majesty, can nobody be consistent? Whatever, the Kakurangers transform and UB fights them off rather easily. Red's fire summoning stuns UB who decides to have the yokai energy grow him followed by the Kakurangers bringing in MS. Wow UB's sword is rubbery. The BS Sword is brought out to deal with him, but he catches it and keeps fighting.

Gasha keeps guitaring which fires a black energy beam at MS. A building blows up during the fight and MS cannot last much longer, eventually being knocked over from mouth flames. The Kakurangers are forced out and UB demands they bow before him. Since they refuse UB is about to strike when suddenly a white mechanical bird appears armed with four cannons on each wing that damage UB. This mechanical bird is named Tsubasamaru and MS rises from the Phantom Castle again. San shows to to say that the mechs are living creatures because WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU!? They combine to form Super MS. The Muteki Cannon fires on UB, destroying him. MS disappears and Tsubasamaru, to TM as I will call him from now on, flies off. However, Gasha comes back to taunt them, saying the ritual is complete. San brings up Gasha's name and the narrator mentions that in the myths he likes slaughtering humans. A door of seals appears on the skyscraper with the rock statue and Gasha says every living thing is screwed. The episode ends with the narrator asking if the Kakurangers can prevent the revival of Daimo. Next episode shows Gasha giant sized and some scrolls.

Umi-Bouzu: Powers include a comet form, petrification touching, cow trap-like bombs mouth flames, an anchor on a chain, teleportation, and a serrated sword

Episode 24:

After a recap of last episode, San tells the Kakurangers they cannot beat Gasha let alone Daimo. They reject this reality and substitute their own although White is uneasy. Gasha jumps down from a rooftop and summons the Hanarangers followed by the Kakurangers transforming. The Kakurangers make short work of the Hanarangers in some rather nice fighting. Gasha has the yokai energy make him big and the fighters are sent out with merging being done. Daimo enhances Gasha's sword with red lightning which takes the fighters down. This also prevents them from summoning MS because Gasha is that fast. They teleport out only to get eye bolt blasted. Red questions if they really are powerful or not while White feels guilty about the petrified kids. Gasha thinks he won and goes back to the skull statue to play an electric keyboard that kills some flowers and fires a laser that causes part of the city to rise around the skull skyscraper. Apparently a barrier is formed while the door of seals is to be opened. The music turns the remaining humans into stone as Gasha laughs maniacally. TM shows up because why not.

TM flies toward Phantom Castle and suddenly the Kakurangers wake up in a foggy room. San says they are in Phantom Castle and that there is a third mech named Kakure Daishogun. The three formed a heavenly triad two thousand years ago due to humans suffering from yokai and Christmas wouldn't be around for another few years. Daimo lead the yokai while the triad lead humanity to seal the yokai underground via a shinobi spell. Also the triad mecha were once human sages that transcended after death. They returned four hundred years ago as seen at the beginning of the first episode. San says they must learn Kakure Daishogun's ninpo style since all three are needed to beat Daimo. San reveals that they must find the shinobi scrolls to control the triad freely. Said scrolls were scattered two millennia ago in the next month before Daimo's return. Those petrified will die if Daimo returns. San gives them a map to locate their scrolls and teleport them to a rocky shore. Yellow is upset that they must split up. Some dramatic sap is said with fitting music in the background. Red tries cheering the others up. They put their hands together and have some flashbacks before going their separate ways as the sun sets. Next episode shows Red meeting a girl in purple that fights dorodoros.
I was not going to count eps 23 and 24, but the series made such a big "end of act 1" deal that I will include them. Teleportation spam reduction aside all of my complaints are still functioning. Just switch Blue with White and the ranger balance mentioned last time is the same. San has cemented himself as laziest sentai mentor, where the hell did he go? At least in Goggle-V you could argue the professor there was trying to hide from Deathdark. As for this series now the only thing worth talking about now are the villains since everything else is the same. Dr. Yugami does very little and barely appears much. Gasha is a decent villain and has a lot of potential. The Hanarangers have the same problem as Dr. Yugami, but better executed as they pose as actual threats to the Kakurangers and are the first effective anti-sentai even more so than the Beast Fighters from Bioman and especially the Gingamen from Fiveman. I guess the third time is the charm. As for Daimo, he has done literally nothing for most of the series so there isn't really much sense of dread coming from this guy at this point in time. Yes, they say he will bring about the end of multi-cellular life, but demonstration has been oh so poor on that, he only used his powers on Gasha (who might be his son, this isn't confirmed as far as I know). Also the dorodoros are up there with the madaramen from Goggle-V and mecha-clones from Bioman as the best grunts, they are just that lovably cool. This series may not end up as lackluster as Liveman, but there is still a ways to go.

Having constant anxiety hurts. Part 7 has arrived.

Episode 25:

The Kakurangers are going their separate ways via montage. At Nasu-Kogen we get shots of the wildlife and a shinobi scroll turning a butterfly into a human for no reason. She flies along and spots Red who is attacked by Gasha's red lightning. He tells Red he intends to stop him from getting his shinobi scroll and sends him down a hill. After that butterfly girl nurses him and he wakes up. He takes her along on his motorcycle wondering who she is and why she knows about the shinobi scrolls. They stop at Rindo Lake Family Farms because.... Isn't it Namegawa Island that gets a yearly episode? The two do fun activities like ride go carts, trains, and cars, instead of saving the world from a nihilistic demon king. Red asks if she even knows where the scroll is and she cries over it before admitting she got carried away. Insert a speech about how humans are not the only life forms here. Suddenly cloths attack them followed by a yokai on a motorcycle named Ittan-Momen or IM as I will call him in this synopsis. IM says he is the best yokai hitman and says his history involves strangling people with cloths. Dorodoros are summoned and Red transforms to fight them with butterfly girl using a pair of knives to fight too. IM soon enters the fray and beats them up. Butterfly girl, now named Reika, tries to get a rabbit to run and gets his by telepathic explosions.

Red and Reika make it to a barn to rest although that does not last long. Reika says the shinobi scroll is as the top of a mountain nearby and that they were made to help fragile creatures. Reika thanks Red for their time together before opera music sings and she dies turning back into a butterfly. Red is saddened as her body disappears from his hands. After that serious scene we get the dorodoros on go carts and Red fighting them and IM at once because whiplash. Red runs off and finds the shinobi scroll, but IM stops him and has the yokai energy grow him. IM destroys the area around him which hurts the wildlife which gives Red a cup of rage. He transforms and gets hit by the giant yokai's attacks before jumping up to his face and using a slash attack. He makes a mad dash for his shinobi scroll and summons his new mech God Simiadar. He enters it and brings out a pair of swords TM and MS show up and combine to unleash the Muteki Cannons with God Simiadar combining his swords, both attacks blowing IM to pieces. The sunsets and Reika's spirit smiles at Red who says he won't forget what she said. The episode ends with glimpses of the others with Red hoping they will succeed as well. Next episode shows White being attacked by an umbrella and Red helping her.

Ittan-Momen: Powers include attack cloths, a motorcycle with a machine gun, high jumping, a sword, telepathic explosions, a right arm energy gun, and a left arm gatling gun

Episode 26:

White walks through a forest and thinks her shinobi scroll is hidden nearby. She is suddenly attacked by two umbrellas before a yokai named Kasabake appears with four dorodoros. He says in his history that his name means umbrella ghost and that he functions as a regular umbrella or parasoll. White transforms, but Nasabake proves a bit much. She soon flees after the assault when San shows up in a limbo. The two drive off to a mansion in a nearby city. A butler and two mades give her a bath and fancy clothes before she demands to know where San is. She looks around the mansion yelling for him when a boy with two dogs appars. San says he is his new apprentice named Bun and the dogs are guard dogs. After that we see her with a picture of her deceased father as we find out her family comes from a four hundred year old lineage of lords. San comments she is a disappointment and- Actually considering how often she is caught I believe him. San shows her dolls of the men that transform via shinobi scroll magic all the way from the bottom of a lake. White says she does not need them and San replies getting the scrolls are all that matters regardless. She takes takes them to the forest and informs them to watch out for Kasabake. Wow they move robotically. Kasabake and his squad shows up and she transforms to fight, but the dolls take out the dorodoros before she can do anything. This makes me wonder why can they not use these dolls more often? They head to a quarry during the fight and spelunk up the side of a cliff with the doll of Yellow staying behind and eventually being destroyed.... WHILE THEY HAVE HUMAN FORMS. WHY WOULD DOLLS HAVE THIS!?

A rock slide occurs and the doll of Blue gets taken out. Kasabake shows up and beats up the doll of Black. White makes it to a waterfall where the shinobi scroll is and it appears. Before she can grab it a pair of dorodoros take out the doll of Red with White shurikening them out. Insert "you guys are lifeforms too" speech here. She then yells at San saying she cannot abandon people. Kasabake throws his umbrella at her, sending her down the waterfall, but the guard dogs from earlier take the shinobi scroll to her and harass the yokai. San shows up saying she worked hard and that he retrieved the dolls. Also sexist remarks about not being as tough as the men. She takes the shinobi scroll just as Kasabake becomes giant sized and she transforms. She fires the kakulaser before summoning her new mech God Craan. White gets inside of it and flies around as a pop song plays in the background and lasers at the base of the wings fire. TM and MS show up to combine and fire the Muteki Cannons. The fight ends with that as God Craan flies in a loop. White thinks about how hard it was to retrieve the shinobi scroll as she hopes the guys will succeed and hopes her dad realizes she hasn't given up. Next episode shows Yellow and Blue turning in kappas and MS having a boa constrictor on him.

Kasabake: Powers include teleportation, spawning fog, controlling reinforced umbrellas with machine gun tips, high jumping, and a katana

Episode 27:

Nekomaru has Yellow and Blue in it as their shinobi scrolls are nearby. This also brings up that instead of having individual episodes they went with the Goggle-V route of just combining their screen time. Cut to them fighting Gasha and some dorodoros when the area turns dark and someone is ominously laughing because Toei editing. Gasha recognizes him as a notoriously savage yokai named Nue. He appears from a lightning bolt and eye blasts a dorodoro for having an incorrect image of him. He then scolds Gasha for not doing his job before attacking the duo. He then proclaims that they be turned to yokai, specifically kappa until they die. They panic and Nue laughs before demanding the mooks dance around them. Yellow and Blue run off into the woods toward a waterfall until they are exhausted. They feel dried out from the sun and they start hydrating themselves which increases their kappa transformation. Nue says that they can save themseles if one kills the other in the next two hours. He also says they will see the real face of humanity as they grow beaks. They continue searching for the shinobi scrolls and realize a city was made over the area which will make it difficult. The townspeople find it weird as they grow turtle shells and tail feathers. Amazing how they are laughing at kappas instead of being disturbed. Nue says their time is almost up and they panic. Both find out they have knives in their pockets and start fighting. Our heroes, folks. After they fight they call each other dummies and cry as they realize how important their lives are.

Yellow and Blue call Nue out demanding he show himself. Gasha and five dorodoros watch them nearby as Nue uses telekinesis to throw them around followed by throwing them physically, one hand each. The grunts like the fight as the sun goes on, but Yellow and Blue throw shurikens and cow traps to fight back which seems to work as the dorodoros begin to cheer them on. Nue cuts them with a katana and the dorodoros give them water to rejuvenate them. The seal on Nue's left arm breaks and both return to normal. Gasha tells them the dorodoros became sympathetic as they are the lowest of yokai. Nue slays them and MS teleports in. Gasha teleports off while Nue becomes big and MS fights him with the BS Sword and some punches. Also I thought the snake Nue summons was a boa, but upon a closer work it turns out to be a python. MS teleports off after being damaged and Yellow and Blue transform only to get swiped. Nue continues his assault with the kakulasers not even making him flinch. Suddenly the shinobi scrolls appear from underground to aid them, allowing Yellow and Blue to summoned God Ursado and God Lugan. Both head inside their new mechs and Nue is not amused. Yellow and Blue tell him off before going into action, both of them fire eye lasers at him. God Lugan uses a tail blade while God Ursado pounds the ground to create fissures that send Nue underground and closing said ground in on him. Technically we do not see him die, but the fall and wall crushing would have done him in. The episode ends with the duo calling out to Black. Next episode shows Black fighting a guy with arm blades who is his sensei.

Nue: Powers include weather manipulation, eye blasts, explosive sharp feathers, turning humans into yokai, telekinesis, restraining bolts from the palms, a katana, and summoning a python

Episode 28:

Black tries finding his shinobi scroll through a very dry portion of the countryside- Oh hey, Nue is still alive! After a recap of last episode, he comments that Black is his next target before he finds his shinobi scroll. Cut to yokai and dorodoros attacking two boys. Black spots this and attacks them. Red shows up to help him what with setting cow traps. However, the yokai grab the kids and teleport off. Both end up in what appears to be an old American western town when the boys yell for help. They are spotted in a saloon with the yokai when Red and Black show up, the former transforming, but the latter being attacked by a martial artist in a black gee. Black recognizes him as his sensei although Red frees the boys and makes the yokai scram. Later, Red confronts Black who says his sensei taught him martial arts in America. He was named Gali and Black's real dad was apparently a cop that raised him in Los Angeles before dying and Gali raised him as family with his wife and daughter. Red tells Black he isn't working with the yokai and that it has to be someone else. San shows up on top of a rock telling Red that Black must overcome his obstacles himself and that his shinobi scroll is at the bottom of the mountain. We get a flashback of Black seeing Gali before he heads off for Japan and he gave him a necklace with a stone on it to match his so their hearts are figuratively linked. At the western ghost town Black calls to Gali in English and he shows himself. Gali turns into a tiger-colored armored warrior similar to the human form of the fushigi beast Deathdeath from Space Sheriff Shaider.

Nue laughs as Gali says he was promised any life he wanted in return for Black's death. Gali attacks Black relentlessly which amuses Nue. Black asks why he worked for the yokai as we see a flashback of Black's real father being killed in the line of duty and even his funeral. Gali replies that men change and continues fighting with electric powers. He takes the necklace with the stone and stomps on it which saddens Black. Red appears with a rifle to shoot Gali which fails. Red demands to know if he is a yokai and scolds him before transforming to fight. Black protests the fight, but Red holds his own via doppelganger ninpo. Gali uses his sai to take Red down and Gali tells Black their bond means nothing. Black stands upand Gali puts on a set of claws. Black recognizes them as the weapon of the murderer that killed his father when he was a boy with Gali confessing. This moment deserves a better series, it is well done. Black says he will not forgive Gali and the two charge forward. The episode ends with them flying kicking. Next episode shows Black with claws on his wrist and Nue fighting him and Red.

Gali: Powers include martial arts, restricting palm bolts, electric balls from the hands, a sai, and three claws on the left wrist

Before we begin this was recently retweeted from Margurl's tumblr, someone recently lost their home in a very bad house fire and could use any financial support she can get or else she and her siblings will become homeless. If anyone has a paypal account you can donate here: http://marzgurl.tumblr.com/post/132491588702/tragedy-struck-my-home-last-night

Now for part 8.

Episode 29:

After a recap of last episode, the fighting continues with both evenly matched. Gali notes that Black cannot beat him with rage alone. Meanwhile, Red watches this and tries contacting the others via doron changer. The fighting continues with Nue being pleased that they are destroying each other. White is found by Yellow and Blue in Nekomaru during this as Gali and Black start shaking during the fight. Black has a flashback of his dad's murder and charges once more, dodging electric balls Gali throws. Black executes three kicks on Gali which breaks off his claws and takes them for himself. Gali is beaten to a pulp with the biggest blood spew I have seen in this franchise and goes down for the count. After that he starts to cry and takes the claw off. Gali comments that Black has become strong and asks forgiveness for being such a fool. In a flashback we see Gali getting into a massive car accident that left his daughter dead. When that happened Nue appeared and offered her life back if he killed Black's father because he knew about Nue's assassin league. The night of the murder made him realize the error of his ways so he took him in.

Red watches Gali's confessions of being an assassin. He came to Japan hoping Black would kill him. With some final words of wisdom Gali dies and Black sobs as he holds up the stone necklace and wears it around his neck. Black demands Nue show himself and the ground opens up to let him out, now human sized. Black vows to defeat Nue with him and Red transforming and the yokai growing big again. Black gets eye blasted followed by him and Red using the kakulasers. Black's shinobi scroll flies to him, allowing him to summon his new mech, God Ranna. Must be a mystery from Shadow Lake! Black gets in and Nue boasts about how super awesome he is. God Ranna sends out a bunch of mini versions of himself from his tongue that shock Nue followed by mouth flames called the Ranna Fire. Nekomaru shows up with the others transforming upon running out. They summon their mecha gods as well because what is first time soloing? The five god mecha run toward Nue with TM showing up to wing cannon him as well, causing him to blow to pieces. A grave is made for Gali, Black giving it flowers as he cries in remembrance. The others try to cheer him up before cutting to the floating city portion with Gasha trying to revive Daimo. The episode ends with the Kakurangers tell him to be ready. Next episode shows White's dad in silver armor.

Gali continued: claw energy bolts

Episode 30:

After a recap of the past six episodes, the Kakurangers return to the Illusion Castle where San says they must journey to the Underworld to prevent Daimo's revival. They head out to the floating city portion and transform only for Gasha to find them who says it is too late. The subtle bells going off are Daimo's footsteps as he walks across the foggy Underworld. The Kakurangers use their shinobi scrolls to bring out the god mechs. Gasha grows big to take them on, but the god mechs are more powerful than he imagined as he gets beaten quite hard. A man in silver samurai armor appears and uses energy from Daimo to be reflected in his sword and shoot down the god mechs. He appears before the Kakurangers to reveal his name is Hakumenro, saying they should give up. Red throws a disk that dislodges his mask and White recognizes him as her long dead father. He takes out his sword and fires energy beams before teleporting off. Because in Toei continuity teleportation is a standard. Cut to the Kakurangers asking San why the hell a dead guy is waltzing about. Ten years he learned about Daimo and what he could cause so he sent twin brothers named Taro and Jiro with him which White vaguely remembers as older brothers. Now he has betrayed humanity and White runs off not wanting to believe. She has a childhood flashback with her dad which makes her sad.

Dorodoros work in Dr. Yugami's lab, Gasha walks in with Hakumenro saying he wants no interference and even his ten years of loyalty will not help him. Daimo appears on a dome with lightsticks in it, Gasha bowing. He says that it is pathetic for Gasha to blame him for their constant failures and when he disagrees the infernal king spews flames. Gasha refuses to trust a human and we find out that he is indeed Daimo's son. He tells Gasha to wait until tomorrow when his resurrection occurs. Gasha tells Hakumenro he is not foolish and will not be deceived or whatever with him replying that he should watch him beat the Kakurangers. Gasha demands Dr. Yugami make his best weapon yet on the chance Hakumenro betrays them. Cut to San running through the forest when Hakumenro shows up to confront him, saying he has a request. After that we see the men wondering how to help White and wondering how to deal with the door of seals before concluding they should smash it. White hears a voice calling out to her and she goes to a rooftop where more voices yell for help. Why yes it was the kids from back in episode 24. The men show up and she says she hears the kids that are petrified. Now that I think of it this has gone on for a month, where is the military? White says it is their job to do something when she spots her dad. Hakumenro says Gasha sent him to slay them. The men charge forward to fight him, but that fails hard. San sees this with Bun and his two dogs who are sent off to do something else. The background goes from a city to a forest because Toei editing. This has Hakumenro sending the men off a cliff and into a river via sword lightning, leaving only White who finds this unforgivable and transforms. Gasha and Dr. Yugami view the fight on a computer monitor as the episode ends with the father and daughter dueling. Next episode shows White beaten up, San fighting Gasha, and the premier of Kakure Daishogun.

Episode 31:

Continuing from the last episode, White gets beaten up by Hakumenro although she still holds her own. I guess the bit where San says she is not as strong as the guys was foolish. Hakumenro holds his sword to her face and is stopped by San's cape. He teleports away with White and they high tail it through the woods. White wants to keep fighting, but San tells her not to worry while Bun is saving the guys in the river. Bun runs off when Red asks for his name. In the woods Gasha catches up with San and White, now convinced there is a conspiracy because of what happened earlier. San fights Gasha with a katana who says it is pointless since Daimo will be revived in the next hour. Gasha claims he will slay Hakumenro before then and uses telekinetic bolts from his hands to throw San. After that both of them use telekinesis, but Gasha proves stronger. The men show up and San is impaled through the guts with his sword. The Kakurangers surround him before turning their attention to Gasha who wants them to fight. The Kakurangers transform and Gasha takes them on. The bring out the Kakuranger Ball, but Gasha uses his sword to bat it back at them. TM shows up and gives Red a Thunder Sword as a secondary weapon. This allows him to use a double slash attack which hurts Gasha who just grows via yokai energy. The god mechs are brought out once more, but Gasha holds his own a little better and Dr. Yugami gives him a flamethrower because fire attacks are super effective on steel types.

San watches the fight and tells Red that the god mechs must combine to form Kakure Daishogun or KD as I will call him from now on. They combine to form KD and Gasha uses the flamethrower to fire the Crush Beam, but that fails. KD marches forward to use the Iron Fist, basically two punches which bust the flamethrower. TM shows up to form Super KD- Oh hey, Gasha has a jetpack. Super KD kicks him down and does the Iron Fist again, blowing him up. Super KD uses eye lasers to destroy the door of seals which explodes and the debris kills Dr. Yugami. The floating buildings return to their spot and the people at no longer stone. The Kakurangers confront San, hoping he is alright. However, he is about to die, but is happy they are alive and that Hakumenro believes they are powerless now. San says their names, saying it is up to them now. Hakumenro looks on and teleports off before San dies in front of them. Very touching moment although it is ruined with the door of seals reforming and Daimo popping out of it, laughing and wearing glasses. Daimo proclaims his rebirth and right to the Earth before teleporting off with the skull statue fortress. The yokais, Hanaranagers, and dorodoros cheer Daimo's return as he sits on his throne and proclaims they must overthrow humanity. Hakumenro asks about Gasha to which he replies he was a fool, but still wants the Kakurangers slaughtered for killing him. The episode ends with White remembering San and her dad and the men comforting her, saying they will save him since KD is on their side now. Next episode shows some old guy with glasses, a princess in an anime mask, and Blue missing his face.

Episode 32:

Daimo meditates on his throne and summons a yokai before we cut to a beach with people playing around. Some middle aged guy in glasses has his eyes on a teenage couple. That night he attacks them while they ride his motorcycle and we find out his name is Nuppefuhofu and he is hungry so he uses his long tongue to eat their faces. He does this to random people around town before revealing his history as a yokai that dwells in dark cellars and is made of corpse flesh. This causes people to not recognize each other and start robbing banks. The Kakurangers read about this in the paper, I am noting that a woman died in a hotel robbery because they need to inject some darkness in a kids series. White says that once Nuppefuhofu is beaten everyone will go back to normal. Blue comments that he is just a face collecting geek. After that we see middle aged guy from earlier going into his secret shack which has faces in frames on walls and yes it is the human form of Nuppefuhofu. He wonders who he will lick tonight as he licks a popsicle. That night the Kakurangers stalk around the city and Red accidentally throws disks at a girl named Haruka. She wants to meet Nuppefuhofu so he can steal her face and she can become a manga princess. That was all the guys will like her and White tells her that is a bad idea. Blue takes her home against her will and she bites him to get away. Nuppefuhofu appears and attacks him. A fight breaks out and Nuppefuhofu is not phased by shurikens; it kind of reminds me of Synevite from the 2006 Guyver series. Well corpses are squishy I suppose. The others show up and after a brief fight he flees, but Blue and Haruka are discovered to have no face. Haruka is happy while Blue faints, how they can see is anyone's guess. The next day Haruka wears one of those anime masks you can find in a costume store while Blue panics (his mouth does not even open, he would starve. Haruka tells him to get an anime face too as she imagines him as a prince because girls like older men in theory. Nuppefuhofu gleefully enjoys his collection.

Haruka walks around on a hot day with Yellow being unable to stand the heat. Nuppefuhofu in human form rides a bike selling popsicles to which Red and Yellow stop for. Nuppefuhofu thinks their faces would be awesome additions and charges at them when it suddenly rains. They move which causes the yokai to trip on a log, revealing himself and having him flee. Haruka finds out her face is is being ruined because acrylic paint. She runs with people wondering what the hell with White and Black seeing it. He face looks better later, but she is still upset. Blue confronts her and she has instant regrets. Insert sad flute music here. Yellow tells the others what happened and Blue vows to get her face back. Blackk finds Nuppefuhofu and wants a popsicle. He ditches the disguise and takes his face, but it is revealed to be Blue who just wore a convincing mask. The others show up with him and they transform followed by Nuppefuhofu summoning dorodoros who are given the smackdown. Also Yellow can become huge. Blue fights Nuppefuhofu in a duel which goes badly for him until he uses his pressurized water gun and a slash attack. Nuppefuhofu has the yokai energy make him giant sized and the go mechs are summoned as the background goes from a beach to a city and KD is formed. TM shows up for the Super KD combo formation, kicking Nuppefuhofu and using the Iron Fist to terminate him. With his destruction all the faces return to normal shortly after. The episode ends with Haruka thanking Blue and having a new appreciation for her face. Next episode shows a boy in a gee and Red defending him.

Nuppefuhofu: Powers include a long tongue that steals faces, sonic screams, and teleportation
Not counting episode 32 here. Just when Gasha was developing into a great villain he is killed off with Dr. Yugami who barely so much as appeared since his initial introduction. Yeesh, it felt unnecessary in Turboranger and it still feels that way here. Come to think of it how did Daimo use his powers while still in the Underworld? Not only to empower his son and Hakumenro, but also to reconstruct the only door that can let him out. And no, don't say "magic" or "sorcery", the entire point of being trapped in the Underworld is BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING! I also like how they call it "Underworld" and not "Hell" like the past three seasons, maybe they are separate places in Toei continuity. Anyway, White finally gets some eps which should balance things out, but Yellow and Blue being forced to share an episode screams to me that the writers didn't know what to do with the former. In fact if I count episode 32 that would mean Yellow is behind. As for San, he had a touching death, but it was a bit too little too late, the guy barely did any mentoring and acted more like a jerkish side character. As for KD, he is a worthy secondary mecha and if I may share my experience my Power Rangers experience as a kid I had a toy of the Ninja Megazord complete with all six zords. Good times. So yeah, nostalgia high.:laugh: TM I have to wonder where the hell does he go when he is not in combat? Unlike the other mechs none of the Kakurangers summon him, where does he go? That aside, episodes 28 through 31 were surprisingly good which makes me wonder why the hell don't we get more like those? They are basic, but done well and fit the dramatic moments older sentai series have done right in the past. Unfortunately I am aware this series does get more goofy for a while. Sadly before that there wasn't a lot else worth pointing to and saying "that was nicely done!", even Liveman had more moments like that by this point and I've ranted about that for much longer than I should have. Like all big bads I will hold thoughts on Daimo until the end since that is when big bads actually do things.

The void of misery entraps me still. Arriving is part 9.

Episode 33:

A yokai whispers a song and kicks a bag that hits Nekomaru. It stops and the Kakurangers see a cat inside- HOW IS IT ALIVE!? They then decide to go digging for mushrooms until deciding not to while going to a mountain temple. Some bad sign placing places Nekomaru near a cliff. Five villagers show up to send them over the cliff, but Nekomaru remembers it can fly and guides them back down via bad editing. Cut to them at the police where a cop tells them to get lost while acting lazy. How wife brings out what I assume are pumpkins and it turns out they are disgusting. After that some village boy greets the Kakurangers, Red recognizing him as his little cousin and apprentice of the local priest. Red asks what the hell is going on with Reverend Sir replying they have strange people. He also notes some new mushrooms he discovered the townspeople have been harvesting. Meanwhile, the others look for mushrooms when Blue is caught in a trap. The villagers from earlier help him down via sickle throwing before doing the same to them. Red senses something is off and gets attacked from the yokai earlier named Amanojaku. After Red transforms Amanojaku teleports off and the narrator mentions his history as a rebel that some guy stopped via head stomping. Red finds a statue of said guy without Amanojaku's image being crushed. Red's cousin appears and we get a flashback of Kosuke being called by Amanojaku saying he has changed and will help weak people instead of being mischievous. Once Kosuke removed the iron club off the statue, he was released from his seal and said he will make fools of the townspeople for belittling him. Red thinks the changes were from Amanojaku who Kosuke thinks is related to the mushrooms. Daimo approves of this revenge rampage.

Red and Kosuke find the mushrooms with the others showing up. Black bites into a mushroom and attacks Red. The stunt work is surprisingly good here. Black then collapses with White and Kosuke helping him up. Red concludes the mushrooms were made by Amanojaku and is disguised as Reverend Sir. Kosuke runs toward a camp site where Yellow and Blue are about to eat the mushrooms. Amanojaku ditches his disguise and throws a fit followed by Red kicking him. Also the actual reverend died. The Kakurangers transform and dorodoros show up to be beaten down. Red fights Amanojaku himself with Kosuke trying to fight him too, but that fails and he becomes a hostage. White tells Red to follow them and he does so near the cliff Nekomaru fell from earlier. Amanojaku offers to be resealed and throws his staff away before releasing Kosuke. However, he uses his mouth flames to send Red off a cliff, but his spelunking saves him followed by some sword slashing. Amanojaku gets angry and has the yokai energy grow him- OH WOW, A COMPOSITE SHOT LIKE IN THE EARLY SHOWS WITH A FOOT GOING OVER A CLIFF! Nice subtle homage there!Kosuke throws rocks and gets sent off the cliff via eye bolts with Red saving him by summoning his god mech. The others show up with Super KDS being formed and ending Amanojaku via Iron Fist and Red using the two sword cut. The episode ends with the reverend being alive after all and White returning the cat to the village (who turns out to be Kosuke's and is named Tama). Also some random chorus song as Nekomaru drives into the sunset. Next episode shows Blue defending a kid and some woman in a helicopter.

Amanojaku: Powers include a staff, telekinetic explosions, teleportation, a human disguise, telekinesis, mouth flames, and eye energy bolts

Episode 34:

The Kakurangers sell crepes with some boy showing off to his friends that Blue is the best crepe maker on Earth. The others find it hard to believe, but Blue brags anyway. After that he teaches the boy how to make crepes. Some woman walks along and pours some black powder in the crepe mix from a jar before running off. Everyone tries eating it and they turn to dust. Blue thinks it is a yokai trick and the kids run off in disbelief. Cut to yokai woman in a helicopter spraying the area with her black powder which turns food into said powder- Wait, that is supposed to be sand? Well it works as the entire town is disgusted. Nekomaru flies by- HOLY CRAP IT HAS JAWS! Nekomaru bites the chopper out of the sky. Sand woman teleports out and the Kakurangers track her down. She reveals herself to be Sunakake-Baba or SB as I will call her to save time on typing. She says that her history is basically old ladies that sprinkled sand from treetops. She looks like a pale version of that female gremlin from Gremlins 2. Anyway, the Kakuranger Ball is attempted, but SB's jar catches it and turns it into sand before kicking it back at them. SB says she will try to starve everyone until they bow to Daimo.... So he can marry her! Also cameos from previous yokai in her wedding daydream. Even the Kakurangers find it dumb. She teleports off to Daimo's fortress where she shows him via television the human starvation. Even he finds her obnoxious. Before long the water turns to sand as well before the Kakurangers smell crepes being made by Naoki, the boy from earlier. Yellow tries a bite and it turns to sand. Naoki cries that he won't be good at crepe making since he isn't good at anything else and gets frequently picked on. A flashback shows Blue being nice to him and giving him crepes. This gave him his first dream. Blue thinks to himself and gets an idea.

SB fights the Kakurangers with a katana and her sand. After they are beaten Blue shows up in a disguise, posing as Daimo. He tries being romantic with her- I just realized the Kakurangers have not seen Daimo directly so how the hell could they know about his jewelry and glasses? Some breast jokes later, Naoki exposes Blue and SB attacks them. Blue is blinded and SB charges at him with her katana and wow that thing must be dull. He loses his doron changer in the fight. Blue tells Naoki she is responsible for the sanding of the food (why keep that a secret?) and he hands it to him, allowing him to transform. Thanks to Naoki giving directions he beats SB. Also her breasts were made of sand, enraging her and growing big from the yokai energy. Blue can see now and he summons his god mech. The others show up with their god mechs to form KDS. Some punching occurs and SB releases sand from her jar which knocks KDS over. Naoki gives the Kakurangers inspiration, Blue especially who detached and busts the jar- Wait, that was an urn? After that he reattaches and the Iron Fist is used to bring her down and blow her up. The episode ends with Blue showing to Naoki's friends he can cook crepes and they believe they are good now, complete with clapping. Next episode shows the appearance of White's two friends.

Sunakake-Baba: Powers include a human disguise, sand that deteriorates food and objects, teleportation, and a katana

Episode 35:

At a rocky shore White plays a flute and thinks to herself about the sea. They guys are waiting and she runs off. Cut to some small girl running to school, making it to class with everyone being still. Everyone then turns on her since she is not wearing some talisman including her friend. After that we see White stoppinh Nekomaru to chase two lady ninjas that turn out to be her friends Yuki and Tsuki. Blue wonders what they hell and White replies that they are from her childhood and have ninja parents too. Basically the three of them fought bullies in school. Yuki mentions her sister's classmates were acting weird before we see the Hanarangers and a yokai named Kamaitachi being told by Daimo they must execute their yokai education brain washing scheme. The next day one of the Hanarangers in disguise inform the kids about Kamaitachi's history which is basically riding the wind and cutting very fast. Also he is posing as the school principal. Kamaitachi shows Daimo how the Hanarangers and dorodoros are serving yokai drinks to the students which turn them into mini versions of him. Daimo is impressed as he is also shown propaganda of yokai advancing in human society rather than invading.... To be fair until the events of this series what else could they do? Meanwhile, the Kakurangers and White's friends spy on the school. They think it is normal with Kamaitachi spotting them and smirking. White's friends finds the small girl to be lying and she runs off angrily. After that she screams with the Hanarangers and Kamaitachi appearing, the latter saying the forest will be their grave. More kids appear right before the Kakurangers transform. Kamaitachi places a talisman on her to mind control her. They slowly walk forward before charging and throwing the Kakurangers.

Yuki and Tsuki wonder what the hell to do before asking to fight with the Kakurangers. Red thinks it is a good idea and White agrees, suggesting the reform their old group. After that the Kakurangers infiltrate the school only to be trapped by barred walls. The Hanarangers appear and the Kakurangers transform. Kamaitachi sees this via television in his office and calls the students to appear before them. He has them go after White specifically after drinking yokai drinks which turns them into mini kamaitachis. Yuki and Tsuki throw shurikens through the office window, busting the talisman. Also White left a dummy in her place. Outside, Kamaitachi is met by White and her friends who dub themselves the Punishment Sailor Sisters. I don't know when specifically Sailor Moon was airing so I am not certain if this is a parody of that. Kamaitachi ditches his disguise and fighting ensues complete with a ball of acid, a ribbon, and a pair of bbombs disguised as batons. After that the men show up as do the Hanarangers. Yuki and Tsuki leave to help the kids while the Kakurangers fight the yokau with White facing Kamaitachi herself. Both seem evenly matched although White uses ninpo for levitation. This is followed by an assault that destroys Kamaitachi and forces the Hanarangers to flee. This further disproves she is weaker than the men. Back at the shhore her friends thank her and a sad farewell is done with pan flute music. Next episode shows a flying urn and the premier of Ninjaman.

Kamaitachi: Powers include a human disguise, telekinetic explosions, a kama on a chain, a right hand curved blade, a jetpack called the Kamaitachi jet, and a mouth beam

Episode 36:

An asteroid heads for earth after a thousand years of exile. Hakumenro sees it and fires an energy arrow. Cut to the Kakurangers dancing as the Nekomaru drives around. The energy arrow hits Nekomaru's rear bumper and stops. After Red pulls the arrow out the meteor flies by and lands near a mountain. An urn flies from the crash sight yelling he is back. Red reads a message on the arrow saying Ninjaman has arrived and Daimo wants him. White says to head over to the crash site before seeing Daimo question where Hakumenro was. Daimo wants Ninjaman in his ranks despite Hakumenro pointing out they have a grudge on each other. Daimo has him open the Jar of Seals because only his bloodline can open it. Said urn makes it to a river where Ninjaman yells for help with two kids finding it and take it out. Ninjaman tells them to bust the urn-jar- THESE SUBS ARE NOT CONSISTENT! The urn opens with a screw they cannot open, but one of them gives Ninjaman a cracker because sympathy. However, they have to run because dorodoros show up. The Kakurangers appear and lay cow traps to scare them off. Suddenly the ground shakes and a building bursts followed by an illusion of a yellow train. A yokai named Bakuki appears who is known for illusions and nightmares. He demands Ninjaman and the Kakurangers refuse. Bakuki teleports the kid with the urn toward him and teleports them in the middle of a city with gangsters. They run off until they appear at a shore where evil versions of themselves attack. Bakuki appears to screw with them and manages to take the urn from the kid. Ninjaman summons some fire to blind him, revealing that everything was an illusion before teleporting away with his hostage.

The other kid is bummed his sister is gone, but White says to cheer up. Ninjaman reveals his origin where he fought with the heavenly triad a thousand years ago before being tricked by Daimo that humans were yokai in disguise (which we have seen they do so there is truth in that). He hurt a bunch of people and the triad imprisoned him in the Jar of Seals. Suddenly White and the hammer-like seal glow so she removed it, allowing her to smash it. Ninjaman noted the jar must be given to Bakuki intact so she puts the seal hammer back on. Nekomaru drives to the quarry and yell for Bakuki. A door appears and opens up which sucks the Kakurangers in. Bakuki says he is in their illusion theater where they must place the jar to save the child. Bakuki takes it and they transform. They break the illusion and use the kakulasers to shoot at Bakuki and his squad. They charge in to fight and the kid runs for Nekomaru thanks to her brother. White grabs the jar and Hakumenro shoots Bakuki with an energy arrow to stun him, but that does not work as he instead becomes big through yokai energy. White then smashes the jar and Ninjaman grows kaiju sized proclaiming after a thousand years it is time for a rampage. Ninjaman teleports a bit and rides a nimbus cloud like Goku in Dragon Ball. Bakuki makes some illusions similar to Makuu Space from Gavan expect more read. Two brown ninjas attack Ninjaman with ninjatos. He asks if that is all he has with Ninjaman getting ticked Bakuki called him a novice. He yells "Anger Explosion!" andd thanks to very dated CGI becomes Samuraiman. Sword fight time! Samuraiman beats the tar out of Bakuki and the Kakurangers have KDS formed from their god mechs with TM showing up to form Super KDS. Samurai Man uses the Samurai Rage Bomber which is a red energy ball from his hands and Super KDS finishes him via Iron Fist. Samuraiman turns back into Ninjaman and Daimo forms a hologram of himself in the sky declaring the Kakurangers will be destroyed. After that Red wonders what Daimo is planning while Ninjaman takes the kids on a flying cloud ride, thanking them for helping him. Next episode shows Daimo having a birthday party and a lot of dancing.

Bakuki: Powers include illusions, teleportation, dividing into three brown ninjas with ninjatos, and a ninjato