now Nerd Emperor
I remember seeing some Kamen Rider candy toy at Fantasy Box for like $10. I found it online yesterday for like 350 yen :laugh:

Well, with shipping and other stuff, it'd probably work out to be something around $10 in the end and no longer just 350 yen. For small items like candy toys, I don't really mind. I personally don't see the point in going through the trouble just to save a few bucks (< $5). The same with trading figures as well... plus, the latter can be packed randomly and they're willing to open all the boxes for me so I can get exactly what I want. :sweat:

It's really the items like S.H.Figuarts, Sentai and Kamen Rider DX merchandise, etc. that really makes a difference whether you buy online or at these local shops.

In Justice, We Trust!
Before I use to rely on only local shops for my plastic addiction. But...now that i started using EX Japan's services more and more...I just can't go back to paying those prices...though hobby stores makes for a nice fall back point, in case I miss a pre order.

Lurker
HLJ is usually the go to place. Also, check out the Toy forums here for a list of middleman.

I lost all hope in HLJ. Mainly because they sent me two of the same items when I ordered only one. They made me pay for both and would not compensate me :redface2:

And I have been looking at the toy forum here. I just bought a used Dino Minder and a semi used Dekabreak Brace Throttle for cheap :buttrock:

Well, with shipping and other stuff, it'd probably work out to be something around $10 in the end and no longer just 350 yen. For small items like candy toys, I don't really mind. I personally don't see the point in going through the trouble just to save a few bucks (< $5). The same with trading figures as well... plus, the latter can be packed randomly and they're willing to open all the boxes for me so I can get exactly what I want. :sweat:

It's really the items like S.H.Figuarts, Sentai and Kamen Rider DX merchandise, etc. that really makes a difference whether you buy online or at these local shops.

I guess your right. Man...my math sucks :laugh:

Though I don't really see the difference in terms of price for S.H.Figuarts. I saw a Kuuga S.H.Figuarts at Toys2 for around 32 (Yes, I had to interact with the guy to find out the price). Online was like 50 with 25 shipping. Though maybe it's because ebay is overpriced like crazy :redface2:

now Nerd Emperor
I guess your right. Man...my math sucks :laugh:

Though I don't really see the difference in terms of price for S.H.Figuarts. I saw a Kuuga S.H.Figuarts at Toys2 for around 32 (Yes, I had to interact with the guy to find out the price). Online was like 50 with 25 shipping. Though maybe it's because ebay is overpriced like crazy :redface2:

Yeah, eBay is often overpriced most of the time. You do find the occasional good seller though.

Also, I meant original release price versus local shops prices, not secondary market prices.
If the latter, you probably might as well just buy from the the local shop. :sweat:

Lurker
You're a hard man to please, huh? :laugh:

That or I just like to complain :laugh:

Yeah, eBay is often overpriced most of the time. You do find the occasional good seller though.

Also, I meant original release price versus local shops prices, not secondary market prices.
If the latter, you probably might as well just buy from the the local shop. :sweat:

I got my IXA belt from ebay for 25 in total. Though I think it's a fake after seeing some youtube videos :shakefist

Yeah, release prices are much cheaper than secondary market prices.
I was very close to buying that Kuuga S.H.Figuarts until I saw something else their that I found online for half the price. That man lost about $35 of sale >:D

In Justice, We Trust!
I didn't know fakes of Rider gear existed...

I mean, I know cheap knock off of Riders exist...I see them at P mall all the time.

Banned
I got my IXA belt from ebay for 25 in total. Though I think it's a fake after seeing some youtube videos :shakefist

DX belts that cheap are always ether Chinese Bootlegs or Broken and someone is trying to unload them.
Like the DX Den-O belt for $23? FAKE.
Abaranger Brace for $5, says it's Chinese on the description.

Lurker
DX belts that cheap are always ether Chinese Bootlegs or Broken and someone is trying to unload them.
Like the DX Den-O belt for $23? FAKE.
Abaranger Brace for $5, says it's Chinese on the description.

Well.....Time to sell it! :thumbs:

now Nerd Emperor
Well, it's most likely fakes online because you can't really examine the items physically before purchasing, but I got DX Zeronos Belt for the equivalent of ~$10 and DX Ixa Belt for the equivalent of ~$15 in Hong Kong a few years back at a store. And they were the official items too. :buttrock:

Also picked up some Souchaku Henshins for around $8-10 each when some local shops in HK were unloading them. Totally legit and nothing wrong with them too.

I was very close to buying that Kuuga S.H.Figuarts until I saw something else their that I found online for half the price. That man lost about $35 of sale >:D

I can so sense your hate for that guy... :laugh:
Yesss, give into your hate and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete! >:D