can a person watch kR Decade first before the previous 9 heisei rider series??

If someone starts off with Decade, he might wonder who the older Riders are. Sure he might not have that nostalgic feeling, but at least he'll have an idea of what kind of characters they were. But still, I too would recommend that he watch the older series first. If not, then watch their movies or some of the episodes.

Skreeong!
yes, ive never seen any other heisei rider before Kabuto and i'm enjoying decade. my brother only watched Kiva and he's enjoying decade.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
It's possible, but if you get confused to why they re-casted the actors for the nine Heisei worlds, well it's because most of the original actors of the Heisei Kamen Rider Series were busy on other stuff, yet it would be difficult to watch Decade if you weren't aware of what the original stories of all nine Heisei Kamen Riders were like. So, I would say yes and no. My guess is that you continue watching Decade first, then try to watch almost half of the nine Heisei Riders that are either subbed or RAW versions.

It's a double edge sword....

If you don't watch the previous shows...it will reveal a lot of spoilers...:sweat:

If you do watch the previous shows...you'll be banging your head on the table because Decade is friggin Jesus because he's practically making mincemeat out of every one...except...for Otoya Kurenai...even though he's evil this time...:laugh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0iWF4-b2JU[/ame]

Lurker
I have the misfortune of seeing 555-current so I do understand half the stuff that's going on. However Decade's world's stories seem to hold their own, showing a glimpse of each rider's powers but not going into them full detail. That I believe new viewers can see and be inspired by the suits and attacks of previous series and may check on them eventually. The spoilers in the stories wouldn't be spoilers to new viewers when they watch it. They never saw the original series so it can be assumed that the stories reside in Decade only. They'll be spoiled by researching the series online.

I still liked the stories of Kuuga-Ryuki worlds and I wouldwatch the older series with a open mind.

And another thing. Watching older series can give off a different impression when watching Decade. Viewers can end up comparing Decade's riders to past riders which can get troublesome. Watching it with a clean mind lets you enjoy what's presented to you in Decade, which I felt in Kuuga and Agito's worlds. It's not such a mindfuck past the first scene, giving a chance to view each world separately.

Last edited:
Faiz's world was most disappointing one with no other riders other then Faiz and he doesn't have big role due to Kaito's appearance as Diend.