[CALL OUT TO FANFIC WRITERS] Virtual Power Rangers: Writing Season 18

To aspiring fiction writers,

There are some television shows that inspire devotion beyond simply sitting and watching weekly. Whether through Fanfiction or forum discussion, viewers want them to live on outside of their television screens. For us, that show was Power Rangers. When RPM concluded on the 26th of December 2009, for me at least, I don't feel like letting go of it just yet. And I have a feeling I am not alone.

That is why I propose this idea to all you fiction writers out there who would like to join me: I propose we write a Season 18 of Power Rangers. Episode count to be determined, it would be an adaptation of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. We would have a creative team of writers, not just one person leading the charge, just like the show. I am also teaming up with a Producer of the VAA to produce an Audio version of the show. Footage will be edited together to show how fight sequences would look and so fourth. Episodes will be released on a weekly to bi-weekly basis, depending on the decided episode count. I will actually also be asking people to be sending pictures in of themselves too to cast the Rangers for the year as well, similar to a casting call.

Currently, I am not sure what format I would like this to take. I would like to write it script format like the show (SirStack has a huge archive of scripts as writing examples for those of you who are uncertain how to write scripts). If we decide to go with this, I will write a guide on how to format the scripts. If not, we could also go the narrative route. It's the next closest thing, really, to pulling a Star Trek Phase II, and while I wish we could, the odds of that succeeding are lower than this idea.

I plan to create a professional quality story that can not be just enjoyed by the writers, but also by the fans of Power Rangers. I want the spirit of Power Rangers to live on until we get a possible return to television broadcast.

If you are interested in being on the team of writers, please send me a sample of your writing to my PM box. Once we have a team of writers, we will figure out what to do next. If you want to also write a piece up for this, that's fine. Deadline is January 14th 2009, end of the day, American EST.

Launch date: while PR premieres in February, that might be a bit of a push, so we'll plan to launch early March. Proposed title is currently Power Rangers Rising Sun, but that is obviously up for discussion, since this is a team effort.

May the power protect you,
VirtualPR

I'd love to be involved in this. For samples of my script-writing work, go here or here. I like the title you've got and if we're going to have a discussion about origin and whatnot, I have a few concepts in mind you may or may not find interesting.

Lurker
I'm already beginning a re-write of season 18. So I'm not really interested in this. But if this is just a fanfiction, then I might reconsider it.

Red Falcon said:
I posted a sneak peek of my Shinkenger adaptation on HJU. Here's the link: http://henshinjustice.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46386

GenerationX7 said:
I'm already beginning a re-write of season 18. So I'm not really interested in this. But if this is just a fanfiction, then I might reconsider it.

Wonderful contributions with plentiful meaning to this topic.

Just to let you know, VirtualPR, I showed this to one or two friends and got them on-board as well. We can arrange a get-together of the people we've recruited together over MSN.

I would love to join this.

If you want my help then I can pm you a sample script of a comic I've been working on to show off my style.

If you could PM me a sample, Kenori, that would be fantastic.

GenerationX7, I guess you could say this is fanfiction, but a bit on a grander scale. It is basically a staff project, and there will be an audio drama component to it as well. But if you have any ideas, feel free to send them this way.

Red Falcon, would you be interested in contributing to the project?

We may as well have a huge gathering on MSN after the staff positions have been announced for people to get out their ideas. Along the way, anyone who gives an idea that makes it into the final Bible will be listed as a Contributer on the new site at the very least. So, watch this space for gathering to be announced.

While that is nice, Matrix, could you send me your best writing sample by PM? Also, if you do have any ideas for the adaptation, don't forget to mention them in the PM. You would be listed as a Contributor if any of your ideas get in the series Bible.