Banned
Well...I'm displeased that family members and I, we're dragging in budget wars as of right now.

I'm really tired of my family decided to foot the bill for me when I'm trying to buy my computer for my birthday ever since I'll be turn 26 years old on April 12th. They're acting like 309 dollars is very expensive....:sly:

Sounds like they were trying to buy me a cheaper computer. That angers me the most at this hour.

Mind you, some of my family come from New Jersey, their highest sale tax is 7%, down here in North Carolina, only 5.75%.

I'm praying that I did do the math correctly, the final cost is 314.75 dollars! It's not that bad deal, you know! Not that I'm moaning and bitching, it's just that why do I have to drag myself in this stupid budget wars?? Clearly they don't understand that we're still in shitty economy ever since.

Why can't they understand?

Can anybody explain to me that this is very good deal?! I just don't understand my family members at all! They're very strange people! :eyebrow:

Well? Care to share your thoughts?

先生
My suggestion is that you buy the computer yourself and break the umbilical cord with your parents. You need to be living on your own.

Oh and for the record the economy (despite the unemployment rate) is in an expansion not a recession.

Well...I'm displeased that family members and I, we're dragging in budget wars as of right now.

I'm really tired of my family decided to foot the bill for me when I'm trying to buy my computer for my birthday ever since I'll be turn 26 years old on April 12th. They're acting like 309 dollars is very expensive....:sly:

Sounds like they were trying to buy me a cheaper computer. That angers me the most at this hour.

Mind you, some of my family come from New Jersey, their highest sale tax is 7%, down here in North Carolina, only 5.75%.

I'm praying that I did do the math correctly, the final cost is 314.75 dollars! It's not that bad deal, you know! Not that I'm moaning and bitching, it's just that why do I have to drag myself in this stupid budget wars?? Clearly they don't understand that we're still in shitty economy ever since.

Can anybody explain to me that this is very good deal?! I just don't understand my family members at all! They're very strange people! :eyebrow:

Break away from them . Also, just start a blog on Google or a LiveJournal. These are pretty annoying threads that clog stuff up, but I don't mind.

If you have to , cut contacts with them if they really do bother you. No point in being with people you hate, but I recommend you work it out with them than post it on here. If they are understanding they'll be fine.

And if you want a good cheap computer get a Mac Mini refurbed from Apple. Might be a bit expensive but overall reliable.

Banned
For the record, my parents don't live together.

I grew up living with my grandparents. And that was my plan from the start. They just like to foot the bill for me every time I go out to do the shopping. I'm really fed up.

It's my job to taking care of the budget. Sheesh...I feel like they don't trust me at all.

Banned

So let me get this straight... You are pissed at your family for buying you something? And you think over 300 bucks is cheap for a gift?

Harumph.
Let them buy you the computer, but PAY THEM BACK AFTER WARDS. That is how you can show them you're ready to handle money on your own.

Banned
So let me get this straight... You are pissed at your family for buying you something? And you think over 300 bucks is cheap for a gift?

Well..not that I don't mind my family buying me something, but it's just that I raised a question: Why? Why do they have to foot the bill for me every time I lay a sight on something that holds very dear to me?

300 dollars is not really that bad deal. Actually, in fact, I was going to do a yard sale, because I've been keep lots of old stuffs. Time to pay it off. It's my money, you know?

Let them buy you the computer, but PAY THEM BACK AFTER WARDS. That is how you can show them you're ready to handle money on your own.

I do that all the times. But they have to trust me, you know?

先生
Break away from them . Also, just start a blog on Google or a LiveJournal. These are pretty annoying threads that clog stuff up, but I don't mind.

If you have to , cut contacts with them if they really do bother you. No point in being with people you hate, but I recommend you work it out with them than post it on here. If they are understanding they'll be fine.

And if you want a good cheap computer get a Mac Mini refurbed from Apple. Might be a bit expensive but overall reliable.

I mentioned the Livejournal thing before in a previous topic of his. It just seems like a weekly thing here. I respect that he wants peoples advice but it just seems like one thing after the other.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Well, $300 for a computer isn't a bad deal. Now, said computer may be a piece of electronic garbage but that's an altogether different issue.

$300 is pretty expensive for me and I work full-time and have a decent job. Yeah, it's cheap for a computer but it's still a lot of money.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Well..not that I don't mind my family buying me something, but it's just that I raised a question: Why? Why do they have to foot the bill for me every time I lay a sight on something that holds very dear to me?

300 dollars is not really that bad deal. Actually, in fact, I was going to do a yard sale, because I've been keep lots of old stuffs. Time to pay it off. It's my money, you know?

I do that all the times. But they have to trust me, you know?

Unless you have an actual fucking job where you understand the "work and effort" it takes to earn money on a check-by-check basis..........you'll fucking understand why your family think it is a bad fucking deal.

Now, since you're gonna spout the same crap about you being a "up-and-coming" script writer as your current occupation, I'm gonna go end my 2 cents to this conversation with just that statement