Lurker
It is in a sense, since it is a Neo-Geo branded Handheld Emulator. But it's not a new dedicated system.

Like the Article said, Sega have done the same thing before (with one even having an actual Genesis/Mega Drive cartridge slot).

Do you mean the Sega Nomad?

Actually back this time
No, the ones MS is talking about came out a few years ago and were nowhere near as good as the Nomad. Inaccurate emulation and whatnot.

Actually back this time
Yar, I'd forgotten the name. I was excited about it, as I had a model 2 genesis and wanted to replace it... but then I found out it was crappy.

Bad feels, man.

Banned
There have been others, like the Gen Mobile (thats the one with 20 bulit-in games and a Cart slot to play actual Genesis games on it) or the Blaze (the default comes with 20 games and you can load more via SD cards, it also has special Streets of Rage and Super Street Fighter II: New Challangers versions).

Lurker
Not personally interested in it, but I want it to do good so that it would at give Nintendo some competition... Since apparently the Vita can't...

I wonder how you can get more games ? I also hope they're able to release more than what Neo Geo is giving us. I mean, I don't need 20 versions of Metal Slug X. :p

Not personally interested in it, but I want it to do good so that it would at give Nintendo some competition... Since apparently the Vita can't...

Seriously ?! Why do people think the Vita is dead ?! I can definitlly see the lack of launch games; however, its only released in Japan right now. I mean not only thou, they did recover from those massive earthquakes a while back, so I doubt they want to spend money on a portable system right away. I have a feeling once it's released in the US and EU, we'll see a rise in sales (Especially since we're getting even more launch titles.). :D

Lurker
PS3 sales aren't quite good during their first few years either, mostly because they have crappy initial game libraries, and the price, which makes people stick to their PS2 or purchasing the earlier X360 instead

the same thing can also be said with VITA, i mean about 80~90% of its game are already on PS3 and other consoles with only a sliver of them a VITA exclusive, if you already have a PS3 or a 360 why bother purchasing an expensive handheld to play the same game? also, PSP is still highly popular in japan, with games still coming out for them at least until next year.

this is the difference between VITA and 3DS, 3DS goes boom during its debut with 70% of their game not available on any other gaming platforms, with promises of even more exclusive games coming soon (like PW vs layton), that piques people's interest to get it early(only to find out that its region locked and some games are bound to be JP only forever)

but given time, VITA will have more signature games and Sony will stop making stuffs for PSP, then we'll see how things really going to stir...