I'm a massive fan of Breaking Bad, and voraciously enjoyed the series from the initial airing of its premier to its finale!

I consider Breaking Bad to be the new high water mark for intense, well acted, high-stakes, and yet also darkly humourous dramatic cable television. This is especially the case for its final slate of eight episodes. (Although the final episode itself was a bit anti-climatic, as everything that happened within it was telegraphed so far in advance!) The third-to-last (pen-penultimate?) episode, entitled Ozymandias, was honestly the only moment in which I actually had to pause my DVR and take a break because I was getting too high strung watching TV!

I'm skeptical that the upcoming spin-off Better Call Saul will live up to its predecessor, but am eagerly looking forward to it regardless!

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff member
Ozymandias was so well done, though excruciating to sit through. His son is, if not the only, then one of the very few decent human beings on that show. I haven't seen any of the episodes since they aired, but off the top of my head, that and the season 4 finale are my favorite.

Holy crap this is a great show. The actors in this show were magnificent and were almost the strongest part of the show, the actors one upped them. Those last few episodes before the finale were television masterpieces. They definitely deserve to be in the conversations for best TV episodes ever.