I can't believe there's no thread for this yet.

Short summary: a high school chemistry teacher starts making meth.

Less short summary: Walter White, a 50 year old chemistry teacher, is diagnosed with lung cancer. While struggling to figure out how he'll provide for his family, he decides that the drug trade is the only way he can make enough money before he dies.

One of the things (in my opinion) that sets this apart from other TV shows is its lack of formula. There is no "bad guy of the week" or repeating plotline (although recurring motifs and symbols are plentiful.) Every episode is a direct continuation of Walt's story, and there's almost no filler.

The show is currently airing the second half its last season, and as someone who's been on the ride for the entire way, definitely worth watching.

I actually JUST started on the first season this week, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I probably won't return to this thread for the simple fact that I don't want to run into any spoilers! I like it so far though :D

Easily the best show in my book. Exciting, intense, unique, all the characteristics a TV show should have. It's quite difficult to explain my thoughts without spoiling any of the parts, but some of the parts are so unpredictable and very surprising. Maybe a potential spoiler, but there's a theory floating around that Walt copies people's actions whenever he kills someone. If you watched the episode where Walt was in the diner; you would probably realize that someone was going to get killed.

Really looking forward to the next episode, the first episode for the second part of the finale was intense. The ending ended with a cliffhanger, and I'm dying to see what happens next.

Regarding the 'osmosis' theory: (highlight for spoilers)

A lot of people say that Walt kills Skyler because of the bacon thing in the flash-forward, and because he takes Skyler's maiden name (Lambert) in his fake ID. It makes sense, but I think that there's some wiggle room there. Walt might not directly kill Skyler, but do something that results in her death (or she just dies) and he feels so responsible for her death that he takes the trait anyway.

Also Marie's a Lambert too.

After everyone thought that Walt would run over the RC car, and the writers responded by almost running it over, I want to say that's them telling us that they can still defy our expectations.

Regarding the recent episodes, I really love Dean Norris's (Hank) acting; he doesn't say anything and conveys 10 emotions in his face at the same time. Skyler is starting to shine too, hopefully this changes her status as a hate magnet.

Hank is pretty awesome in this role, have you watched him in Under the Dome yet? Nice twist while I am watching both at the same time. I heard that Breaking Bad was once a true story but with a twist of the "Hollywood Touch", anyone know if this is true?

Not sure what the question is or just a regular topic but I am glad you started it.

Great TV show and I'm sad its going be over this season. Such great writing this series has.

Hank is pretty awesome in this role, have you watched him in Under the Dome yet? Nice twist while I am watching both at the same time. I heard that Breaking Bad was once a true story but with a twist of the "Hollywood Touch", anyone know if this is true?

Under the Dome is another great show that is the under the radar I think. Its a science fiction show with so many twists and turns. I love it and everyone should start watching if they havent.

Not sure what the question is or just a regular topic but I am glad you started it.

Great TV show and I'm sad its going be over this season. Such great writing this series has.

Oh, I intended this to be a general discussion thread. Sorry for the confusion!

Heavy praises to the writers indeed. I'm sad that it's ending too, but on the other hand I'm happy that the show will at least end properly and satisfyingly instead of being dragged out (looking at you, Dexter) for more money.

I haven't seen Under the Dome but might consider watching it after seeing Hank's acting.

Great show! Breaking Bad is phenominal! It's got everything that I expect out of a drama from AMC. Suspenseful, funny, gripping, and more. My favorite part is looking forward to how much Walt starves for power as each episode passes. It creates more drama, more anger, more action, and that's what make a good TV show. The subject matter is just as interesting, combined with a great cast, and storyline. I still have to finish five more episodes on Netflix to be caught up with the TV show. I'm so excited but nervous just as much!

Just watched the finale. I'm going to seriously miss this show, but glad the tension is over XD