has left HJU. Not coming back.
Just found out today.

Animator Steven E. Gordon reports that animator, producer, and director Boyd Kirkland passed away on January 27, 2011, while waiting for a lung transplant at UCLA Medical Center. Kirkland's career in animation began in 1979, running a studio in Salt Lake City, UT, that sub-contracted work from many different Los Angeles studios. After moving to Los Angeles in 1984, Kirkland worked as a storyboard artist on productions like G.I. Joe: The Movie, My Little Pony: The Movie, Dungeons & Dragons, Robocop, Conan, and Gargoyles. He was one of the earliest directors on Batman the Animated Series, going on to co-direct the Batman: Mask of the Phantasm feature film and direct the Batman: Sub-Zero direct-to-video feature. In 2000, Kirkland developed and produced X-Men: Evolution for Marvel Entertainment, writing and directing several episodes for the series, as well providing the screen story for the Ultimate Avengers direct-to-video movies and writing and directing episodes of Wolverine and the X-Men.

Services have been scheduled for February 1, 2011.

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/36144/boyd-kirkland-r.i.p.#post3769855

Lurker
Now there's a tragedy, this guy was one of the few reasons Marvel Animation actually stood a chance in the last decade, I loved X-Men: Evolution and WATXM was a spiritual succesor to it. Batman: Sub-Zero is also an underrated treat

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Now there's a tragedy, this guy was one of the few reasons Marvel Animation actually stood a chance in the last decade, I loved X-Men: Evolution and WATXM was a spiritual succesor to it. Batman: Sub-Zero is also an underrated treat

I know. It's a real drag that we won't get a season II of WatXM because of this BS about the problems with the studio's finance department.:disappoin