Books Books vs Film

How many of you have ever read a book, and then watched the film and enjoyed it more than the book? I am not an avid reader, but I've never been totally impressed by film adaptations of books. They always seem to lose something in production, and sometimes the interpretation is totally different from what I had imagined while reading. the only thing I prefer watching over reading is Shakespeare.

sos

I will have to support you there ; for me was most apparent with the Harry Potter books and their adaptations. The plot and everything that makes the books a great read where lost in the movies. Therefore, I would rather the books than their screen adaptations

After reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the films kind of disappoint as far as narrative goes, because they veer away from the books. Fellowship is pretty faithful to the book, but Two Towers and Return of the King are pretty far off. That being said, they're still great films, just don't watch them right after reading the books. The Hobbit, on the other hand, was awesome.

There are two movies I really enjoy as much as the books. First is Bridge to Terabithia. I like the movie as much as the book because it is very sad towards the end. Second, A Walk to Remember. That is a good book right there! I have watched A Walk to Remember for like 25 times in two years. The book is great, and I enjoy reading it so much.

It's a tale told often times, but I prefer The Great Gatsby as a book - its movie adaptation have been overrated. Yes, it stars great actors and the production is INSANELY huge, but I think they tweaked it a bit too much and messed what the story is all about. If you absolutely have to watch a film adaptation of Gatsby, I prefer the 2000 film version (google it! ;) )

It's a tale told often times, but I prefer The Great Gatsby as a book - its movie adaptation have been overrated. Yes, it stars great actors and the production is INSANELY huge, but I think they tweaked it a bit too much and messed what the story is all about. If you absolutely have to watch a film adaptation of Gatsby, I prefer the 2000 film version (google it! ;) )

I agree. The book is so much better than the movie adaptation. I didn't know there's the year 2000 version. I need to check it out. Thanks for the info!

I read the D Vinci Code and watched the movie. Yes the adaptation is never the same. The book explained details that were easily lost in the movie version. I do have to say, that I liked the movie, too.