Black Knight: Action-Packed Sci-Fi K-Drama Based on Webtoon

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
<p>Kim Woo-bin started acting in 2011 and no sooner than he had developed a fan base, 5+ years later his health took a turn for the worse. In 2017, he was diagnosed with nasopharyngeal carcinoma, an aggressive form of cancer. He took time off to focus on his health. The good news is that the medical treatment he received has helped him to recover (Kim Woo-bin says he’s “clean” from cancer, …) and in 2022 he resumed his acting career. He completed three (3) projects in 2022: a film, Alienoid, and a TV series, Our Blues, both released in 2022; and Black Knight, which was released in 2023. Fans are more than overjoyed that he has returned to the screen.</p>

Black Knight reminds me of a movie I saw called "Snowpiercer." It also had a post-apocalyptic setting and explored themes of social inequality. In "Snowpiercer," the remaining survivors of humanity are trapped on a train that perpetually circles the frozen Earth. The train is divided into different sections, with the wealthy elites residing in the front and the impoverished masses in the tail section.

Similarly, in Black Knight, there's a clear divide between the rich living in protected cities and the rest of society struggling in a desert wasteland. Both stories shed light on the consequences of extreme wealth disparity and the injustices faced by the less fortunate. It's interesting to see how different narratives tackle similar themes and provide thought-provoking commentary on our own society. I'm curious to see how Black Knight will explore these ideas in its own unique way.

cruel, helpful and optimistic.
Through its post-apocalyptic universe, Black Knight led me on an entertaining adventure. Thought-provoking aspects of the story included the difficulties delivery drivers encountered and the vast divide between the wealthy and the rest of society. I was strongly invested in Kim Woo-bin's character's journey because to his excellent acting. Fast-paced action and intriguing plot twists throughout the series kept me interested. The storyline did feel a little predictable at times, but overall, it was a really fun experience. In the upcoming seasons, I can't wait to learn more about the world that has been created by the creators of Black Knight. I'm pleased I gave it a try.

PammyTVAddict
I had a great time watching Black Knight! While viewing the series, I was drawn in by the future scenario and the ongoing suspense. Kim Woo-bin's performance as the character in Delivery Man 5-8 piqued my interest. The action parts were well-done, and the sights were stunning. However, the plot felt rushed at points, which worried me. More investigation of the interactions between the wealthy and the rest of society, as well as the socioeconomic challenges they face, would have been welcome. Nonetheless, it was an interesting movie, and I'm curious to see what the characters' future holds.

Swipe right and let's bacon our way to victory
The dystopian world they created felt so real, and I was invested in the struggles of Delivery Man 5-8. Kim Woo-bin's performance was outstanding, and he truly brought the character to life. The action sequences were adrenaline-pumping, and I found myself holding my breath during some intense moments. However, I felt that the pacing could have been better, as there were certain episodes where the plot seemed to drag a bit. Despite that, I enjoyed the series overall and would recommend it to fellow sci-fi enthusiasts.

Lurker
Black Knight took me on an adventure through its post-apocalyptic world. The struggles faced by the delivery drivers and the stark contrast between the rich and the rest of society were intriguing. Kim Woo-bin's performance was excellent, and I was emotionally invested in his character's journey. The movie kept me interested with its fast-paced action and intriguing plot twists. Although there were a few moments where the storyline felt a bit predictable, the overall experience was truly satisfying. I'm glad I gave Black Knight a chance, and I look forward to exploring more movies with similar themes.

Legit Boss
Oh, I remember Kim Woo-bin! It's great to hear that he's back in action after his health struggles. I can't imagine how tough it must have been for him. The concept of Black Knight sounds intriguing, with a post-apocalyptic setting and delivery drivers facing off against thieves. I wonder if they'll explore the rich-poor divide and the injustices caused by the wealthy. It's disappointing to hear about the main character smoking cigarettes though, considering the already toxic air. That seems like an unnecessary risk. Overall, I'm curious to see how the series plays out and how it tackles these themes.

Heaven is a Place on earth, Korea
It's wonderful to see Kim Woo-bin back doing what he loves. His recovery from cancer is truly inspiring.

Diner Dasher
The main character smoking cigarettes does seem odd given the polluted air. It's a small detail, but it can detract from the overall believability of the story.