I don't have low self esteem.
So what was your favorite Era for Japanese Anime?

70's

80's (DragonBall, Urusei Yatsura..)

90's (DragonBall Z, GT, Yu Yu Hakusho, SailorMoon, Dirty Pair, etc)

2000's to now (Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Naruto, One Piece, etc..)

VOTE AND DISCUSS!!!

Live to Win
1980s without a doubt. It was the era that spearheaded the real robot movement that Mobile Suit Gundam started in 1979, resulting in excellent mecha combat titles such as Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Fang of the Sun Dougram, Macross, Megazone 23, Aura Battler Dunbine, Metal Armor Dragonar and Heavy Metal L-Gaim. We also had the wave of cyberpunk anime such as AKIRA and Bubblegum Crisis, as well as Masamune Shirow's works such as Appleseed, Black Magic M-66 and Dominion Tank Police. Romantic comedy anime such as Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2 and Kimagure Orange Road were also on the move. The Super Robot era was in a decline during the '80s, but we still got some excellent titles such as Gunbuster, Dangaioh and Dancougar. And last, but not least, the '80s was Hayao Miyazaki's golden era, with landmark titles such as Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Oh yeah, Project A-Ko is a definite must-watch anime movie for those who want to learn more about the '80s.

Lurker
Out of my top 5 anime, two are in the 90's and two are in the 2000's, however my top anime is from the 80's, so I'm voting for that :anime: