Nice post!!
The difference is that you can eliminate anything related to Batman from the Nolan movies and have the same exact movie.

No, you really can't. Not for Begins, anyway. A character like the Scarecrow or the fear gas plot would have no place in a generic crime film, both elements are ludicrously implausible and over-the-top. The massive train stunt at the end would never be done in a generic crime film, because most crime film protagonists do not have physics-defying capes that convert into functioning gliders. The Henri Ducard "twist" is a pretty classic Ra's Al Ghul gambit. That movie is Batman through and through.

The Dark Knight I'm of two minds about. It's actually very similar to a certain type of Batman comic book story, told primarily through the late 90's and the earlier part of this decade. It would be written by Greg Rucka or Ed Brubaker, drawn by some guy with a scratchy ink-heavy style, and feature Batman appearing on like two out of twenty-four story pages for most issues. This is not actually a type of Batman comic I personally like all that much, but anything's fair game for an adaptation, I suppose.

Modern-day Frank Miller can go screw. He made The Spirit, he doesn't get to have opinions about movies that anyone should take seriously.

Banned
I'm sorry, but you are forgetting the best Batman movie ever made. The Mask of the Phantasm.

Banned
The difference is that you can eliminate anything related to Batman from the Nolan movies and have the same exact movie. When even Frank Miller -- Frank Miller! -- is like "Hey, where's the Batman in this?" about The Dark Knight, you know you've got a problem.

Frank Miller needs to worry about dealing with his own crap. He has no business criticizing anything else at this point. I also think that Begins was an outstanding movie. It wasn't a perfect Batman movie, but it was certainly more entertaining for me than those awful Burton Movies.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
batmanmaskofthephantasm.jpg

Need I say more?

Lurker
Man Frank Miller really has no room to talk anymore. Any of you read All Star Batman and Robin? That thing is a heap of ****. Anyone watch The Spirit? Yet another pile o' trash. Sorry Frank but your days of being relevant and interesting are gone.

As for my favorite movie about Batman, it's a toss up between Begins and DK for me, as both are good, but do different things better than the other. I like Batman better in Batman Begins, but the villains better in DK.

Heroes are forever
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLpEbo2dAvU"]YouTube[/ame]