Before We Leave Nintendo Switch Review

Administrator
Staff member
Before We Leave is a chill civilization resource management sim from Team17 and Balancing Monkey Games. In the sim game, the player’s peeps have sequestered underground for generations after some catastrophic event. The remains of this civilization emerge from their bunker, having once again deemed the surface of their planet safe. At the player’s direction, the remaining inhabitants rebuild, recolonize, and expand into space beyond. Before We Leave is available via Steam, Epic Games, the PS5, the Xbox One, and now the Nintendo Switch.
What separates Before We Leave from other sims is its low-stress vibe. Players don’t have to worry about much in the way of natural disasters, just the occasional space whale attack. They won’t compete or battle with rival tribes for finite resources. This philosophical approach allows players to focus on resource management, expanding their colonies, and exploring the land and the worlds around them. Before We Leave is charming, fun, laid-back, and...

Continue reading...

I was interested in how it seemed on a handheld device so I got the Steam version. In comparison to other consoles/PC, I've noticed that the white clouds are gone, however I was curious about blur and frame rate.

It seemed like it would have a lot of depth and be a lot for me to handle and expand, so I was thinking about buying it. Sadly, the game was easier and more basic than I had anticipated. I don't see any possibility for longevity or replay value. I will spend my money to something else.

Exactly what I needed has come along. A simple building game. Without any armor or weaponry, I can look at my mistakes and correct them without having to worry about making many saves and loading one after a "game over." I love how non violent this building game compare to the likes of Sim city or spore.Although I like the idea of being exiled, I didn't enjoy it. I absolutely appreciate being able to play this game on my Switch using the game pass. I like the Hexagon/beehive aesthetics too.

Let's go on sharing God's given talents!
I have issues Concerning how well this game ran on the switch port, I had some questions. I'll hold off till the initial performance reviews come in. Although it's unrelated, every Team17 game I've ever owned ran horribly on the Switch and occasionally had errors that made it impossible to play. This made them frustrating to play rather than entertaining.

Shaken Not Stirred!!
The Switch version has less features at this moment but I am sure they will eventually update it.

Administrator
Staff member
It's a little blurrier than the PC. I didn't notice any slow down on the Switch. The most annoying thing was the joystick drift. But that's more of a Switch problem than a game problem. Ideally, the UI would have been adjusted for play on the Switch screen. It's fine on a TV, though.

M

Mikelo

Its quite funny been oblivious about all this but I will like to try it out on switch maybe it it will be more fun.