Battle Shounen Animes with With Well written female characters

Staff member
Battle Shounen Anime and Manga had been treating female characters badly for years. It is understandable that they are only support characters. Ironically it also happen in Shounen where the protagonist is female. Demon Slayer almost made the list but Nezuko got sidelined on the second season.
Vision of Escaflowne lead character is a female lead but she is not a fighter. Season 2 of Promised Neverland was so short because of cut content from the manga that Emma’s badassery plummeted. For the Women’s History month I want to give recommendations with some titles where the girls are slaying. (Literally and Figuratively)
Battle Shounen Anime where female characters Don’t suck!
Jujutsu Kaisen

Itadori Yuji  was a regular teenage boy who became cursed when he...

Continue reading...

Love Me!
Not on your list but I highly recommend Claymore,Soul Ripper and Heart Catch Precure. Those are some Female protagonist Shounens that men and boys will enjoy. I counted Heart Catch Precure as Shonen because it felt like one. The fight scenes and the characters felt more like Shounen than Shoujo.

Precure franchise are not technically shounen but the main characters do hand to hand combat so it has some shounen feels. it is a Magical Girl franchise but they fight more Dragonball like and Less Sailor Moon.

I'll eat you..
The Women of jujutsu Kaisen devours the women of Naruto,Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia and One Piece.