Batman Vs. Superman

It's actually a very common mistake to think that Superman is basically invincible and has but a single weakness. In addition to being crippled by the radiation of green Kryptonite (and Kryptonite actually comes in multiple colours that each has a unique effect), he's also susceptible to having his powers stripped away in the absence of yellow sunlight (especially when substituted with red sunlight), and magick affects him just as it would an ordinary, superpowerless human being (Captain Marvell usually wins fights with Superman just by summoning the magick "Shazam!" lightning bolt over-and-over-again). Superman has moreover also demonstrated that he's surprisingly susceptible to psionic assaults: in the Countdown to Infinite Crisis alone he succumbs to three separate instances of being mentally controlled by the likes of Eclipso, Maxwell Lord, and Despero! There are also other rarer and more pathological weaknesses as well, like the Kryptonian bacteria that nearly killed Superman in one of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing annuals. Finally, there are various beings in the DC Universe that are more powerful than Superman, and several at least strong enough to wound him with physical assaults (e.g. Lobo and Doomsday).

Granted, most of that isn't very practical from Batman's perspective. However, Batman has actually won most of the occasions when he fought Superman--using his advanced tactics and strategical planning to overcome Superman's advantages, although green Kryptonite, having Superman be weakened by a powerful nuclear blast, etc, etc, etc certainly also helped! ;)

I've been reading about this movie online and I was honestly excited about it until I started seeing nasty things on the internet like Ben Affleck being Batman, which I don't think was a very good idea although I'm willing to go see what he can do with the role. I'm still pretty excited about it though especially after hearing that Superman is apparently going to die in this movie. What are your thoughts on the movie? would it be good or bad in your opinion? :)
I would have to say superman would win in a battle, but I honestly like the batman movies better than Superman but, I like the superman comic books better than batman.

One of the writers at Cracked.com, Luke MicKinney, just weighed in on this often debated topic (among others).

Essentially, he's in the camp that believes Superman would be the unquestionable winner in all-out, no holds barred contest but notes that their respectively ideologies prevents both from using excessive force and Batman's fundamental nature of overcoming impossible odds will result in writers having Batman overcome Superman whenever they battle. This has indeed been the case whenever the two tangle, as they have several times now.

On the subject of heroes fighting other heroes in general though, I tend to agree with film-maker and über-nerd Kevin Smith: "it seems counter productive to justice!" ;)