I saw that this movie is supposed to be Man of Steel 2?...if so then I fear that this new Batman will suffer from support-role syndrome. After all we also need to get used to seeing someone else in the Batman suit after seeing Bale in it for years.

I wish they would done a Wonder Woman movie, it could been in the same vein as Thor since you have the whole god/myth stuff. If the Flash is indeed confirmed I'm curious how they are going to work with the whole super speed thing.....unless they use Zoom/Reverse Flash since he could easily defeat The Rogues.

Well that's the way Brian Azzarello is treating Wonder Woman right now in his run. So I'm hoping if they do have a Wonder Woman movie they just adapt his first arc. For the Flash with his rogues if they went the New 52 way. You know powering them up a bit and giving them a better motivation they yeah The Rogues could work. I mean all Captain Cold has to do is surround the area in ice so Flash won't be able to have any sort of friction when he tries to run after him.

Read my smart post
Isn't DC tired of doing Superman and Batman movies? This seems stupid, they should focus on the other DC properties

Isn't DC tired of doing Superman and Batman movies? This seems stupid, they should focus on the other DC properties

I'm guess these are the heroes that sell. If I remember correctly that's why DC Animation stopped doing other DC Superhero short films because they weren't selling enough like Batman and Superman were.

Honestly who wouldn't want to go see a Wonder Woman movie in 2013? I guess Marvel needs to be the ones to break that barrier with a Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) movie then.

Digital Artist
Is this real life? I wonder what storyline will they use. I wonder who will play Batman after we got used to seeing Christian Bale under the hood. So many questions. I am intrigued with this news. Hope a JLA movie happens in the future for sure.

The last Superman film was in 2006. The one before that was in like, the 90's. Man of Steel was decent enough to make them a profit--of course they're going to run with it. And there's never been a live-action film to feature Superman and Batman. Supposedly the theatre just erupted with excitement when they announced it, because it's something fans have been begging for for years.

Well that's the way Brian Azzarello is treating Wonder Woman right now in his run. So I'm hoping if they do have a Wonder Woman movie they just adapt his first arc.

People would fall asleep. Or at least, I would. Brian Azzarello's WW is a critical darling, and it'd be great if it followed a long, storied history of WW like pre-New 52 had. But as a reintroduction of Wonder Woman, it says awful things about her since the first arc isn't even about her. So you're saying (to me, at least) that she's so boring when you thought: What's the best way to reintroduce this character, you'd focus on everyone but her. I....don't know about this.

I don't believe Aquaman to be strong enough story-wise or popularity-wise to have a stand-alone film.

But you never know. Ironman was off the world map with the general public until his first film came out, along with the revitalization help of RDJ.

Well, couple things:

- Geoff Johns has done an excellent job of increasing Aquaman's popularity and making people take him seriously in the comics. For a couple months he actually outsold every single Marvel Comic book on the stands. Aquaman. That means he outsold the Avengers, the X-Men, and Spider-Man. Aquaman did that.

- Injustice has gone a long way towards putting the guy in the public eye. He's basically just a walking bad-ass and one of the cheapest characters in the game, and hundreds of thousands of people bought that title.

Lastly: Aquaman is rife with potential. He's not strong enough storywise? He's literally the King Arthur story (an unsuspecting nobody becomes ruler over a kingdom), just underwater. He's got distinctive villains with kick-ass designs, and probably the coolest wife in comic books. He not only has a ton of potential for film, but as a video game, if someone could properly develop an open-world game set in a beautiful underwater kingdom, there's no way it wouldn't sell a metric crapton.

To be honest, I think the main reason they haven't taken advantage of it already is that Warner Bros. wastes their potential.

Lurker
[HIDE]Well, couple things:

- Geoff Johns has done an excellent job of increasing Aquaman's popularity and making people take him seriously in the comics. For a couple months he actually outsold every single Marvel Comic book on the stands. Aquaman. That means he outsold the Avengers, the X-Men, and Spider-Man. Aquaman did that.

- Injustice has gone a long way towards putting the guy in the public eye. He's basically just a walking bad-ass and one of the cheapest characters in the game, and hundreds of thousands of people bought that title.

Lastly: Aquaman is rife with potential. He's not strong enough storywise? He's literally the King Arthur story (an unsuspecting nobody becomes ruler over a kingdom), just underwater. He's got distinctive villains with kick-ass designs, and probably the coolest wife in comic books. He not only has a ton of potential for film, but as a video game, if someone could properly develop an open-world game set in a beautiful underwater kingdom, there's no way it wouldn't sell a metric crapton.

To be honest, I think the main reason they haven't taken advantage of it already is that Warner Bros. wastes their potential.[/HIDE]

I agree. Aquaman is a badass. To paraphrase the Injustice comic...

"[He] is not some pathetic self-appointed leader of an insignificant country who can be bullied into submission. Every port. Every ship. Everything that flies over the ocean does so with [his] blessing. [Their] world would grind into a halt if [he] wills it... [Their] entire world is inside [his]."

Lurker
Some kind of Beast mode
Well, couple things:

To be honest, I think the main reason they haven't taken advantage of it already is that Warner Bros. wastes their potential.

None of the Atlantian mythos, and underwater empire ruling even crossed my mind...I was thinking too simply, my bad.

From what I've seen in Young Justice as well, his world was made to be super awesome. So yes, if the right story is chosen, everything else should fall into place.