Don't know if this is the right place to post, but I am planning a trip to Japan next week. I wanted to visit the Bandai Museum. I know the original one closed in 2006. I also read a new one opened up in 2007 at Omochano-machi. My question is how far is it from Tokyo or even Fukuoka as I will be at both places.

Looking forward to going to this Museum.

Thanks

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
That's interest. But May I suggest that you ask for this thread to be moved to the Halls of Commerce?!

Just a suggestion.

That's fine. I didnt know quite where to post this. If it needs to be moved I don't mind.

So I did some research, and I believe it is a train ride from Akihabara. So I guess when I'm in Tokyo I will visit there. If this information is wrong please let me know.

no, there are no trains that takes you straight to Omochanomachi from Akihabara. Omochanomachi Station is located in Tochigi Prefecture, which is located outside the Tokyo area. here's how you get there from Tokyo:

1) Shinjuku ---> Ishibashi by Shonan Shinjuku Line. then at Ishibashi Station, Bandai Museum is only a 10-min taxi ride away.

or

2) Ueno ---> Ishibashi by Tohoku Main Line. same thing, a 10-min taxi ride.

or

3) Asakusa ---> Tochigi by Tobu Express. then at Tochigi Station, take the Tobu Utsunomiya Line to Omochanomachi Station. the museum is only 10 mins away on foot.

take your pick. :) also note that the museum opens from 10am - 4.30pm. final entrance permit is at 4pm.

Last edited:
Thank you for the great information. One last question. Are they opened on the weekend? (Saturday, and Sunday?)